Does this sofa work in this room?
DMarie
Will change accessories on bedding but not cream coverlet and cream shams.
njmomma
I say yes! but I have always loved this room.
   August 4, 2013 at 2:27PM
cmjg69
yes
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 2:28PM
DMarie
Besides the sofa, I am thinking of pairing this art work behind the lamps. I have a total of four coordinating prints and am also looking at painting some accent walls this color. Thoughts?
   August 4, 2013 at 2:38PM
DMarie
Oops, here is the artwork...
   August 4, 2013 at 2:39PM
anne dee
It could work.
It would depend on where you would place them in relation to the
a) lamp
b) headboard
   August 4, 2013 at 2:42PM
DMarie
What would you suggest?
   August 4, 2013 at 2:44PM
LB Interiors
Hi dmcguire2. I love your bed. I like the sofa. I like the softness of the color palette you've chosen. Just wondering if it's too large for the space. It may have wasted space behind it. Hard to tell. Does it fit in close enough to the back window? It looks a little deep. Pillows will help for that. Maybe a settee would be a better size.
   August 4, 2013 at 2:48PM
njmomma
I don't think you need any artwork behind the lamps at all. I think art work somewhere else in the room would be fine, Don't over do it. It's a lovely room.

Put the art work along the sides of the shutters.
   August 4, 2013 at 2:48PM
LB Interiors
Like the art too!
   August 4, 2013 at 2:49PM
LB Interiors
njmomma has a good idea. Don't overdo! The bed wall is perfect! Can the art go somewhere else?
   August 4, 2013 at 2:50PM
DMarie
Thanks all! I could put the artwork grouped together on one of the side walls if you don't think that the would work behind the lamps.
The couch is 76 inches wide and the width of the inset is 152 inches. The couch also comes in a love seat that measures 56 " but I think it may be too small for the space. Thoughts?
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 2:54PM
LB Interiors
Maybe something like this, In your cream color

August 4, 2013 at 2:54PM
LB Interiors
I would opt for the smaller one. It would visibly look more proportionate in scale to the space and the room.
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 2:55PM
LB Interiors
The larger one will probably not fit far enough into the space (curved window wall) and there might not be room for some kind of table that I think would also be convenient to use.
   August 4, 2013 at 2:56PM
DMarie
Here is the art to go on the walls to the side of the shutters. The other artwork is too wide for those walls. Will the art work go better on one of the side walls?
   August 4, 2013 at 2:58PM
LB Interiors
I really like the accent color for the bed wall. Love this room!
   August 4, 2013 at 3:01PM
DMarie
The depth of the sofa is 36" and the narrowest part of the depth of the slightly curved bay window are is 36". Still think a 56" love seat is better ?
   August 4, 2013 at 3:01PM
LB Interiors
In my own opinion. I think the smaller is better. It's really the length you need to check. You could take a tape and measure into the area, extended to the 76" keeping it straight and see where it comes to, in relationship to all the windows.
   August 4, 2013 at 3:05PM
njmomma
Would you consider two chairs.
3 Likes   August 4, 2013 at 3:06PM
LB Interiors
njmomma, that was discussed on her 1st dilemma for this room. I thought that was what was being considered :) I think it's more conducive for two chairs too :))
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 3:08PM
njmomma
mea culpa ;-)
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 3:11PM
DMarie
Yes, I never considered a sofa before I saw how dwarfed the two chairs look in the space. It is deceiving because it is not a typical bay window and is much larger in width a depth. Here is a picture of the chair from the same grouping...
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 3:12PM
LB Interiors
Love the chairs. I would rather have the room look larger and feel better, be more useful and visibly pleasant and inviting, than a larger sofa that may change all that. My opinion. I really don't think they are too small. A table between is all you need for this room's elegant simplicity.
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 3:17PM
njmomma
Your instincts have been pretty good so far, so I say go for the sofa. 152 inches is a little over 12 feet, that's a lot of room.
   August 4, 2013 at 3:17PM
DMarie
Ok, I will mull that over as I do like either. I am changing to have 2 pieces of the art grouping on either side of the bed and not behind the lamps as you all suggest. Can you comment on your thoughts about the wall paint color posted above?
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 3:21PM
LB Interiors
The way I figure approx.... 152" for the bay window. Each chair approx = 36'"wide, + table approx. 28-30" wide, leaves about 50" at the shallowest sectiions = about 25" on each side of unused space.
   August 4, 2013 at 3:22PM
LB Interiors
I approved above about the accent wall. Perfect. Go for it! :)
   August 4, 2013 at 3:23PM
njmomma
Love the paint color, go for it. ;-)
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 3:25PM
anne dee
REFERENCE ONLY
see picture placement in regards to lamps and bedpost

August 4, 2013 at 3:27PM
DMarie
Ok, so the chair width is only 31" and if there is a 30" table in between which would leave 30" on either side of unused space.
   August 4, 2013 at 3:32PM
DMarie
Anne Dee I like the placement of the art. Would I just use one above each lamp and the other two on either side wall?
You all are so helpful! Thank you and keep your great ideas coming.
   August 4, 2013 at 3:35PM
LB Interiors
Good, it's best not to fill the whole space. I think I wouldn't want it to look or feel cramped and it might with a large sofa.
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 3:36PM
LB Interiors
Additionally, I would place the chairs at an angle, that will take up more room too.
   August 4, 2013 at 3:37PM
anne dee
You would need to place one pic over the other with at least 2 and1/2 inch between pictures and ensuring that this arrangement does not allow for the top pic to be higher than the bed post. Also the pics should not be place directly over the lamps but a bit off to the right. otherwise you will have a too linear look. Should be a bit staggered.
Remember your frames/picture content are very similar to the wall color and the lamps as seen in your bed photo (with the sunburst over the headboard )which will result in a very subtle look. Almost as if the pics will recede into the wall.
   August 4, 2013 at 3:47PM
DMarie
Anne Dee, the framed art is 22" squared and the height from the top of the nightstand to the top of the bed post is 64". The height of the lamp is 28 inches. Will it work with two -- I think it could.
So do you mean that the color with the wall paint will look ok?
   August 4, 2013 at 4:05PM
anne dee
dmcguire2 if you are looking for a subtle look your wall color as seen on my monitor would be ok.
also you don;t want to compete with the sunburst. That is the star of your accessories.
In regards to hanging of the pics it is ok if the bottom frame hangs a bit below your lamp shade just make sure it is off centre.
Do a preliminary of hanging the pictures with templates, that way you can move them around to find the exact placement you will like. Also, less holes in the wall.
I've hung a lot of pieces of art in my place so I have experience. Plus, I always keep my templates. You never know when you may decide to rehang all the art!!
Have fun. It's only decorating :-))
   August 4, 2013 at 4:26PM
You have posted many times on this room. You have received a multitude of suggestions. Why not post a picture of what you have done so far and then we will have a better feeling of how this sofa fits in to the room, as it is, right now. P S, I do not like the three cushions with the tufted back. One cushion only.

1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 4:32PM
nancyann0277a
Go with what Lb interiors is telling you with using two chairs and a table in between. Much better than the sofa.
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 4:43PM
DMarie
Thanks all. I have not reported any progress because I have not liked what I purchased for the room, so no reason to post. I know I am starting sorta from scratch, so sorry about the multiple posts. This is why it has truly been a dilemma for me. I normally enjoy decorating and love experimenting and don't get as indecisive as with this room. I am agreeing about the chairs and table and like the suggestions about the art work. At this point I will post after painting and artwork is hung. Thanks again everyone.
2 Likes   August 4, 2013 at 4:51PM
odessagirl
Beautiful sofa! I have the same one in my living room. Have you considered purchasing just the matching chairs for your bedroom? U can totally get away with 2 chairs and a swank (metallic) garden table on between them. My two! Good luck! Pretty room!
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 4:55PM
DMarie
Thanks a lot. I am going with the two chairs and a table in between - sold! What about an ottoman in front of the table, too much?
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 4:59PM
odessagirl
You could do that OR to maximize visual space, you might think of placing clear acrylic nesting tables in between your chairs and maybe a square ottoman (don't go matchy matchy)--if you get an ottoman get an accent print that ties in with your other colors from the space.
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 5:15PM
LB Interiors
Too crowded for an ottoman, I think.
   August 4, 2013 at 5:21PM
DMarie
Here is the table that I ordered before and think it will also work between the chairs. https://okl2.scene7.com/is/image/OKL/Product_WAW10005_Image_1?
No ottoman in front of the table. Any bench at the end of the bed?
   August 4, 2013 at 5:39PM
LB Interiors
I like the table. What are the dimensions? I think a bench is great if it doesn't crowd the room.
   August 4, 2013 at 5:50PM
DMarie
The table is 20" diameter and 21" h. Maybe I will wait on the bench until I see the chairs and table in the room. Thanks LB!
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 6:07PM
LB Interiors
The table is a little small, but for the grouping, you may think it doesn't take up enough space. I would be fine with it, I think. You need some negative space in rooms too. You could sit in the chair and measure from the floor to where the table hgt is, to feel if it's high enough for you. Depends on each individual and what one likes and how it's used.
   August 4, 2013 at 6:11PM
anne dee
hey judyg someone else is riding yr bike Just saw it on another thread and get this......the guy on the bike looks kinda like the guy on yr bike. I'm not about starting any rumours......but............ LOL :)
1 Like   August 4, 2013 at 6:11PM
DMarie
Would this table work better in the room versus the previously posted one?
   August 6, 2013 at 3:12AM
LB Interiors
I think a round table is a softer look and feel. The style doesn't seem as nice for the design style and serene feeling you currently have in the room. If you like it and the color is close to the bed frame color, it will work. I'm not sure if you would like to keep a softer feeling at the bay window or you want stronger contrast to the items that you will place there.
   August 6, 2013 at 1:51PM
Maguire
I saw your table on onekinglane.com today for $200 they have this one, a little taller. Wouldn't it be easier to get the chairs first so you can get an idea of the height of the table you'll need?
1 Like   August 6, 2013 at 3:02PM
Jillian Zegers
Why a sofa? Have you considered two upholstered chairs with an ottoman?
   August 6, 2013 at 3:24PM
lincolnlover
I love the chair it definitely fits the room it's so pretty and goes great with the wall color
   Thanked by DMarie    August 6, 2013 at 3:52PM
DMarie
Yes LB I do like the softer feel for the room. Maguire - I can always use the table I ordered from OKL in another room if it does not work out. I will get a pic posted once I get the chairs and see what you all think about the table and height. M - I do like the other table you posted. I will take a look. OKL is great but the final sale policy will make me wait until the chairs are in and I will hope the table will be available when they are in.

Jill- yes, I am oing with two chairs. Where would you propose the ottoman to go? I like the idea but don't know what to choose. :)
2 Likes   August 6, 2013 at 3:52PM
DMarie
There is room for a round ottoman with the two chairs or a bench at the end of the bed? What would look the best? Any recommendations for either?
   August 6, 2013 at 4:36PM
Love your bed. Great job on the room. Are you putting sofa by windows. IF so yes it will work. Maybe a ottoman round in a teal would bring a pop of color. I like the accent color you have picked. Go for it.
   Thanked by DMarie    August 6, 2013 at 4:40PM
I like the walls behind bed without art.
   August 6, 2013 at 4:41PM
LB Interiors
What is the dimension from the right side of the bed to the beginning parallel line of the 'front' of the bay window. (the walkway space) ?
What is the dimension from the foot of the bed to a wall or an entryway into the room? Thanks
   August 6, 2013 at 4:55PM
DMarie
The width between the right side of the bed and the parallel wall of the bay window is 40". The dimension from the foot of the bed to the entry to the room is 157".
   August 6, 2013 at 5:11PM
DMarie
The accent color is Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter. I have used it in a bathroom and its a very subtle change to the existing wall color. Mi hope it will be enough. I do like the subtle look too.
1 Like   August 6, 2013 at 5:14PM
DMarie
What shade of teal would you recommend Travis? I think of so many different shades when I think of teal. It is a great color.
1 Like   August 6, 2013 at 5:16PM
LB Interiors
Thanks, is 40" the space that is all walkway before the bay window at the outer edges begins?
157" in front of the bed from the 'foot' of the bed, right?
   August 6, 2013 at 5:17PM
LB Interiors
Teal or coral would be subtle accents. I would recommend 'soft" shades of any that you find and like. Maybe 'travis' has an example.
   August 6, 2013 at 5:20PM
LB Interiors
Can you take a pic and post it, standing from the headboard to the opposite wall for us to see the space?
   August 6, 2013 at 5:23PM
DMarie
Yes to both LB. There is really only the 40 inches that run the length of the bed to the back wall. The rest of the space is open. The chest of drawers is to the right as you enter the room.
   August 6, 2013 at 5:24PM
LB Interiors
Not sure if I'm following you? The side of the mattress to the front of the bay space? If there is only 40" from the 'side' of the bed 'before' entering on the beginning of the bay, I feel there is not enough room for an ottman at the bay window, unless it may be at the chair that is on the right side of the bay window where it may not be close to the foot of the bed.
   August 6, 2013 at 5:30PM
LB Interiors
I think I need a pic taken from the headboard to the opposite wall including the chest. Sorry
Another pic. Need to see the walkway space between the bed and the bay. Sorry
   August 6, 2013 at 5:33PM
DMarie
Here are some photos
   August 6, 2013 at 5:36PM
DMarie
Here is another one
   August 6, 2013 at 5:36PM
LB Interiors
It looks like one ottoman in front of the right side chair at the bay might be okay, if you have at least 4' for walkway space to get to the right side of the bed. 4' between an ottoman and a bench may work.

It appears that you can use a bench at the end of the bed. Good luck in your choices. Stay serene and a few droplets of soft accent colors in a few accessories and you'll be fine! :)
   August 6, 2013 at 5:44PM
DMarie
Perfect!
1 Like   August 6, 2013 at 5:57PM
DMarie
What about two of these ottomans for the room? https://www.onekingslane.com/product/17300/891822
   August 7, 2013 at 5:23PM
LB Interiors
I like them a lot, just a bit concerned how dark they may be. That color in a pillow on the bed will tie them together. Or pillows on chairs.
   August 7, 2013 at 5:29PM
DMarie
Here is a lighter one. This is metallic gold versus the other metallic bronze. https://www.onekingslane.com/product/15629/891821
   August 7, 2013 at 5:34PM
LB Interiors
I like it too, has quite a bit of gold in it. Will it work for you? Are there other gold touches in the room?
   August 7, 2013 at 5:39PM
DMarie
I like the bronze better and the room has the same bronze accents in the sunburst and the mirrors and the artwork and blends with the zebra rug. Just thinking if it is too much of a contrast with the chairs.
1 Like   August 7, 2013 at 5:58PM
DMarie
Yes, I could definitely bring in the bronze in a pillow for the chairs.
   August 7, 2013 at 5:59PM
LB Interiors
You can see and feel the room and the colors better than we can. I think you'll be fine. Try it. You will know what you like :) Good Luck. Have a great day!
   August 7, 2013 at 6:11PM
DMarie
Here are the chairs I ordered today for the sitting area. I thought they could tie in the rest of the room nicely and there are taller than the other chairs
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 9:34AM
LB Interiors
Those chairs look great! Great choice in keeping with the feeling of your room. I think you'll be happy with them :))
   Thanked by DMarie    August 10, 2013 at 10:45AM
DMarie
Thanks for all of your help LB,
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 11:04AM
LB Interiors
You're welcome!!
   August 10, 2013 at 11:16AM
Need help with colors
Is it ok to mix blues and greens in a room?
Where's chookchook?
Our beloved chookie hasn't been heard from in days....
Bathroom, can I make this work??
I have these pieces, cabinet - sink - and faucet. Our...
Help with lighting in kids bath
I am redoing my kids bath and trying to decide on placements...
Kitchen island addition dilemma
We're adding an island to our kitchen and we can't...