What should o do with this living room.
azanhem
I want to do something elegant in this living room.i have white walls and white sectional and i am going to change the carpet.
Classical Progression Inc.
Are you looking to purchase new furniture? If not, you could do an accent wall (paint or beautiful wallpaper) and a coffee table with some pillows to warm it up.
1 Like   August 5, 2013 at 10:21AM
White and more shades of white. Notice the beautiful chest and mirror, the simple white window panels and the creamy rug a top of the white floor in this picture.

Then replace your fan with a crystal chandelier.

This particular chandy with the amber glass would look gorgeous with that chest.

Crystal Traditional 28" Wide 8-Light Crystal Chandelier Living room from Provence
2 Likes   Thanked by azanhem    August 5, 2013 at 10:24AM
If going elegant, I would remove the fan ;) Love the idea of a lot of white, maybe with some silver or light blue?
1 Like   August 5, 2013 at 10:27AM
carolins
If you say elegant, I'm thinking glass, silver and soft colours. I do like the white sofas, floor and walls. I'm not keen on the fan light. If you need a fan, get one without a light.
Living Room Chic
Jamaica Pond
Upper West Side Residence
St. Georges
1 Like   August 5, 2013 at 10:27AM
2 Likes   August 5, 2013 at 10:30AM
   Thanked by azanhem    August 5, 2013 at 10:31AM
I would bring in a new media storage unit

1 Like   August 5, 2013 at 10:42AM
azanhem
Thank you for the ideas. I never thought of going all white.That would look good.I will put TV on the wall and remove the current media center.
1 Like   August 5, 2013 at 10:46AM
sharpkl
How about a white cabinet to hide the tv?

2 Likes   August 5, 2013 at 10:50AM
Black panels on ends of windows. Wallpaper in a metallic with a gray background with black and silver, contemporary on wall where TV is. . I would change out carpet for wood. I would not use area rug over carpet. A round ottoman in Zebra 36" end tables in a dark wood big chest type. New media for TV long very low in white, shiny lacquer. Add pillows with some bling to them in gray silver and black. One yellow for pop of color
Tall lamps in silver base and drum style shade in gray. Are walls gray now? If not pant.
   Thanked by azanhem    August 5, 2013 at 10:50AM
I like the replace fan with a glam chandler, black drum style with some crystals and silver hang about 40" from top of ottoman. Add palm to corner. Don t make all match with yr lamps mix up furn. Use a mirrored end table. Ect.
   August 5, 2013 at 10:53AM
Love Margo's room above. Teal silver white very nice.
   August 5, 2013 at 10:55AM
R Robulock
Are the sofas the same shade of white?..... not sure because of the shadow the left sofa is getting. I love all of your big windows, plenty of natural light, the space is not cramped. What is your feel and style for the room, modern? Your sofas look modern. I like all the pics everyone posted. I agree with keeping it all white.

On the left wall, it would be nice to see some big art mostly white with some color.
   August 5, 2013 at 10:55AM
R Robulock
I don't know what your art style is so I posted a modern wild art, city art, sunset art and musical.
   August 5, 2013 at 10:57AM
Sharple love the wall media
   August 5, 2013 at 10:57AM
azanhem
All sofas are the same color, off white and modern.So no rug over carpet would be better in this room....About big left wall i am thinking a huge IKEA premair picture like that modern city art.
2 Likes   August 5, 2013 at 11:02AM
Santos Young
As far as space planning goes and without knowing the relationships of other furnishing in the adjacent room, you may want to think about swapping your loveseat and tv unit locations. Placing your tv on the longer wall will allow for more storage/media opportunities and placing the loveseat between the two windows will allow for two end tables on either end and possibly a coffee table- completing your living room set.
1 Like   Thanked by azanhem    August 5, 2013 at 11:13AM
carolins
If you're near an Ikea, do consider their media consoles. They have very sleek, white, glossy ones that would look really good in your all white interior.
   August 5, 2013 at 11:22AM
carolins
Especially if you put the TV on the long wall the Ikea Besta units could be a really good option. If possible I'd place the loveseat to form an L-shape with the sofa.
You can do a whole wall of different Besta combinations. Could look really sleek and contemporary. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29927580/

And they also have a great unit in the Stockholm series. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20239717/

And no, I do not work for Ikea ;-)
   Thanked by azanhem    August 5, 2013 at 11:26AM
Terracegallery
Ikea has great stuff...we have a lot of pieces from them...and I LOVE their chocolate almond torte!! LOL it's o.k. if you do work for them carolins....it's a free world...people can decide what they want to buy or not buy on Houzz. :)
   August 5, 2013 at 11:38AM
carolins
Oh Terracegallery, why did you have to mention that they have lovely cake. Now I have to try that out next time I'm there ;-)
Honestly, I'm waiting for an offer from Ikea to become their one-person-promo-team. They must have noticed by now how often I mention them ;-)
2 Likes   August 5, 2013 at 11:49AM
Scott Himmel, Architect P.C.
Full height plain curtains with a blind or matchstick shade behind to hide the fact that the windows don't go to the ceiling, would add drama and height to the room. then a strong color or textured natural grass-cloth would give a very finished look.
   Thanked by azanhem    August 5, 2013 at 12:07PM
R Robulock
True, they have awesome cake!
   August 6, 2013 at 3:01AM
carolins
R Robulock, LOL... I have to do some research in the very near future I think. I live very near an Ikea, but have always been more interested in their furniture. Hmm... that may change ;-)
1 Like   August 6, 2013 at 3:50AM
Scott Himmel, Architect P.C.
In this case I would go for floor to ceiling 2" wood blinds with cream tape and then straight curtain panels to the floor in an accent color that appeals to you. Then relate the pillows to the curtains. Also, a plywood box made to hold a rug as a coffee table would make a very cool ethnic touch and be practical.
   August 6, 2013 at 7:33AM
Laqfoil Ltd.
Might I suggest a little ceiling glamour?
1 Like   Thanked by azanhem    August 6, 2013 at 7:53AM
azanhem
Wow how you do that to the ceiling.
   August 6, 2013 at 9:24AM
Calzphotography
for elegance you can add an accent piece with just a little color, or remain with white http://camille-lopez.artistwebsites.com/featured/graceful-white-camille-lopez.html
   August 6, 2013 at 9:34AM
R Robulock
Laqfoil Ltd, the second photo looks like the paint is reflective, is that correct! That is glamorous! How can I do that?
1 Like   August 7, 2013 at 12:29PM
Calzphotography
in the second photo,the reflectiveness you see is a matter of lighting, one light is place at an even height to the right band back of the objects on the table, the other light is placed high pointing down to the left front. It is then a matter of the right camera settings,a little contrast and there you have it.
   August 8, 2013 at 8:07PM
Calzphotography
All of my pieces start out as photographs I make them into art from that point
   August 8, 2013 at 8:09PM
R Robulock
I did some research and I did find a reflective paint, but sold at very few ounces per can and expensive. I can never afford to paint the entire ceiling in the entire house. It is a beautiful effect though!
   August 10, 2013 at 4:53PM
carolins
Okay, I have to chip in here to clear up a misunderstanding: the ceiling that laqfoil posted is a foil ceiling. They use a glossy foil and stretch over (or is it technically 'under') the existing ceiling. So it isn't paint.
   Thanked by azanhem    August 11, 2013 at 12:20AM
R Robulock
I did quite the research on this and I did find a reflective paint online. Many people have posted their reviews on youtube. I think I am going to give it a try. Home Depot has it. It is not cheap.
   August 11, 2013 at 7:48AM
   Thanked by azanhem    August 11, 2013 at 9:06AM
R Robulock
   August 11, 2013 at 10:11AM
Ikea has some good art.
   August 11, 2013 at 10:18AM
lela40
I would put the TV on the left wall because it seems too big to be between the 2 windows. Then put floor to ceiling window panels. Move the love seat where to TV was with some nice art above it. A warm rug with a coffee table and a long media cabinet under the TV.
   August 11, 2013 at 1:52PM
OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
IKEA has some great furniture, wall art, and other decor.
   August 13, 2013 at 1:16PM
Laqfoil Ltd.
Carolins, you are correct, the reflective ceilings in our pictures are not painted. Although you can buy reflective paint, the problem is getting the surface under the paint that smooth. It would take many hours of sanding, and then several coats of paint would have to be sprayed on and sanded between coats, finishing off with at least 3 coats of clear to achieve a laquered effect. But that's not what you see here. These are stretch ceilings. The material is a very safe, tough, fully recyclable stretchy plastic. We measure your space, then cut it to size and make any necessary seams with a high frequency welding machine at our office, then we install framing around the edge of the area to be covered, whether it's a ceiling or a wall, then tuck the edges of the plastic into the framing. That's a very simple explanation. More info here: http://blog.laqfoil.com/?p=715
The whole installation process generally takes under two hours in a residential setting, and you don't have to remove your furniture from the room. The only mess produced might be a few shavings from drilling holes. No sanding dust, no fumes, not even any cuttings. Our prices are low as we are the only North American manufacturer. Please feel free to browse our website: http://www.laqfoil.com/ call or email your questions, or, if you're in the Toronto, Ontario area, come and visit our showroom - we're always happy to tour visitors around!
2 Likes   August 23, 2013 at 11:43AM
Laqfoil Ltd.
I have used the Ralph Lauren metallic paint from Home Depot. It's good quality paint, and a lovely look, but it's a very different look from this. Rather than a shiny surface, you'll see metallic bits with a texture. I like to sponge or swirl it on so the application has so much texture that you don't notice the imperfections in the surface underneath. I also love it for trim, as opposed to a whole wall. That will keep your cost down and minimize the look of imperfections, again.
   August 23, 2013 at 11:51AM
azanhem
I am thinking about putting up roman blinds from ceiling about halfway down the window.Could roman blinds be installed that way.And can they be installed faux only without all the hardware and just for decoration purposes without professional help.Here is a picture of what i want it to be.
   August 24, 2013 at 11:24AM
TVCoverUps
I like the idea of mounting the TV on the wall and getting rid of the media center. I agree with the idea of adding some art on the walls.

One thing that stands out is the harshness of the black tv compared to your white decor. Hiding the "black hole" in the wall maybe appropriate here and one solution to it is TVCoverUps. Framed Art (including your own) or panel provides the focal point of the room, with the TV and Entertainment Consoles hidden beneath. Units have options of Automated and Manual Lifts & allows for TV tilting hardware(allowing you to lower the TV to the perfect viewing height). Standard Sizes available(37,42, 50, 55, 65) or have the unit built to your custom specs and situation!
   Thanked by azanhem    August 24, 2013 at 12:30PM
What should I do with this living room?
Would like ideas for fireplace, flooring, lighting,...
Living Room Wall - What should we do?
Thinking of painting accent color, stack rocking the...
i have 4 ceiling light bulbs in my living room, what should I do?
I live in a small studio apartment, prolly built in...
Living Room Window What Should We Do?
We are thinking of putting a thin rod across under...
Need Help For My Small Condo Living Room!
I found a small sectional to fit the room, but I can't...
What style
is a red brick house with black iron at front and back...
Picture placement look okay?
Trying to decide which way to best display pictures....
Ladies Eye for the Single Guy
Ladies help is needed for some window treatments in...