What style is this house? Any ideas for porch?
benjaminrocke
This is my first house! Excited to move in next week. It's a 1922 house in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure what style this is. If someone has some landscaping ideas or ideas to make the front porch more cozy I'd love to hear them!
Sweet Caroline Garden Design
Recognize this ? An American Tudor, no less.
As to landscaping I would start by getting the overgrown evergreens trimmed down by half . If budget permits I would change the windows and door to brown or natural wood as shown in the example above. Some craftsman containers at the entrance and window boxes would cozy up your porch, as well as a bench or outdoor furniture American Tudors usually call for a little more formal landscape with boxwood and flowers. Once you get the shrubs in the front either trimmed down or replaced with boxwood, you could create flower beds filled with annuals and perennials in front of them . If the roof ever needs replacing I would go with a gray or charcoal.
0 Likes   August 6, 2013 at 1:12PM
lincolnlover
Perhaps rocking chairs and railing would cozy up the front porch
0 Likes   August 6, 2013 at 4:35PM