thorpehuck
October 28, 2011 in Photo Questions
do you know of a way to weather Ipe without having to wait a few years?
bepsf
You could stain it grey - but that seems like alot of needless effort and chemicals when it's going to get there in a year or two anyway...
...or you could select a different material for your deck such as Trex in Gravel Path or Pewter which would be the color of grey you want from the get-go.
October 28, 2011 at 4:38PM   
Amy Maguire
I have an ipe deck and it weathered from the brown color to a more gray tone within 2 years- it is absolutely worth every penny if you are someone who loves the look of weathered wood, doesn't want to spend time or money re-staining every couple of years, and it doesn't splinter! After 7 years my mom had her ipe deck spray washed by a professional for very reasonable money just to get any mildew/stains out and it looks as incredible as the day it was installed! Hope that helps.
September 7, 2012 at 9:48AM     
Widner Product Finishing
I used to put a clear oil on it and it would weather a lot faster. No one ever asks that question though, lol.
January 30, 2013 at 1:00PM   
Design really Matters
If I want to go with the weathered look - what IPE/stain should i get for the first time? Thanks
August 12, 2013 at 4:26PM   
Replacing windows on our 1950s house!
We are doing some exterior renovations to our 1950s...
Need help redesigning this blue bathroom
Please help suggest how we can give this bathroom a...
What do you think?
What do you think of the fireplace surround? http://www.houzz.com/photos/16502991/Southern-Plantation-Living-Room-traditional-living-room-houston...
Bathroom lighting
I am locking at long, vertical wall lights between...
front door color...
wondering how to handle the paint color on the front...