POLL: Gender Neutral Color?
Houzz Polls
August 6, 2013 in Polls
For those who want to break with the traditional blue or pink nursery, or who choose to be surprised but prepared for the arrival of their little one, gender neutral nurseries are a beautiful option.

VOTE: Which neutral nursery color is your favorite?

Vote AND POST YOUR OPINION IN A COMMENT to be entered to win a pair of Houzz slippers sent right to your door!

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 8/14/13. One winner will be drawn at random.
Green
Beige
White
Yellow
Grey
Other - Tell us below!
Stepping Stone Staging
I would do green but a softer shade and not such a bold wallpaper. Green is a neutral colour for where I live as it is the predominant colour in nature (whereas people in Arizona would use desert colours as neutral). Green looks great with pink, orange, yellow, purple, or blue!
August 7, 2013 at 5:27am     
jennileeb
Everyone loves green!
August 7, 2013 at 5:27am     
sheldongraber
I like green for a "gender-neutral-nursery-color" admittedly though, I'd choose a softer (as in a bit more 'peaceful'" shade of green. :) ~ellen
August 7, 2013 at 5:27am     
pambeckgardens
Grey is the perfect neutral as it mixes with any other color and any style from sleek modern to rich traditional.
August 7, 2013 at 5:29am     
Michelle Stovall
I like beige. It's warm and there are a lot of accent colors that go with it. The nursery for my daughter has beige walls with white, pink and aqua accents.
August 7, 2013 at 5:32am     
siamesekrazy
Aqua is my choice. Can go with pink or blue.
August 7, 2013 at 5:32am   
dcarmic
Most definitely white - purity and innocence. Add any color later to change ambience.
August 7, 2013 at 5:38am   
jcapehart
Excellent chooice for gender neutral...AAAndit will "grow up" with the child, using age appropriate colors and decor j capehart
August 7, 2013 at 5:38am   
Suresh kumar
I like white because this is symbol of purity
August 7, 2013 at 5:43am   
Maryse LHeureux
I find that this color help to add any other colors to help decorating.
August 7, 2013 at 5:44am   
redux56
I vote for grey. It is on trend right now. It is gender friendly and can be accessorized to add that pop of color. Grey is also timeless. The room can grow with the child by changing the décor.
August 7, 2013 at 5:49am     
lbelmona
Green is the color of nature and it's the best gender-neutral color in my opinion
August 7, 2013 at 5:49am     
Claire Hatten
Love the gray! Soft and inviting.
August 7, 2013 at 5:51am     
Samantha Perone
The green room represents many things like nature, life, luck, and health. Whilst bright and vibrant it is also cool and calming and draws you in.
August 7, 2013 at 5:52am     
Custom Designs by Melinda LLC
Neutral color is my choice. You can always add other colors later.
August 7, 2013 at 5:56am   
dianefourney
Love, love, love the grey - I agree this nursery is gender friendly and classic. Who wouldn't want to spend hours and hours in this room with their newborn?
August 7, 2013 at 5:58am   
bobbiechase
Perhaps not the yellow shown, but I love yellow.
August 7, 2013 at 6:01am   
marydesroches
Beige is a good neutral earthy choice. A bedroom is for sleeping and a calm wall colour helps.
August 7, 2013 at 6:03am     
Sandi Buchanan
My decorator just used a pale but rich grey in one of my rooms and it is truly my favorite room in the house now. Calm
August 7, 2013 at 6:04am   
Cathryn ODell
I have to go with green. So many shades of green and many other colors go so well with green.
August 7, 2013 at 6:08am     
suziemoosh
I love yellow. It makes me happy.
August 7, 2013 at 6:09am     
Aned Pad
I like the yellow, look bright and happy like a kid ;)
August 7, 2013 at 6:12am   
chelseajoann
I think the grey is best. You can really make other colors stand out using that as a neutral background!
August 7, 2013 at 6:15am   
Betsy Schwab
I love gray as a neutral - it can go with anything.
August 7, 2013 at 6:15am   
Ingrid Woodwort
I personally love gray because is clean and you can add any accent furniture.
August 7, 2013 at 6:17am   
BTX Window Automation
Hi - I'm Jennifer with BTX. The green room is perfect. A newborn’s developing eyes can best see high contrast in color shape and size. While light pink and baby blue are traditional colors for a nursery, babies actually respond more strongly to vibrant colors. The color green is associated with health, healing and well being. It also has a soothing effect on the body and mind, reducing anxiety and promoting concentration.
August 7, 2013 at 6:18am     
gigihd
I vote grey. All it will need is your choice of accent colors and will not need to be changed until you are ready
August 7, 2013 at 6:19am   
leelee
Green is soothing! Nine out of ten newborns prefer green.
August 7, 2013 at 6:20am     
kmd0503
The gray is perfect for me! Such a soothing relaxing calm colour. I want to curl up & snooze in this room!
August 7, 2013 at 6:22am     
jbhatfield
Grey definitely has my vote; it's a soft and soothing neutral color that works nicely with gender specific colors.
August 7, 2013 at 6:22am     
kuekuatsu
I'll also have to agree on the white. It allowed my son's mother and I to add and subtract the options in the room as my son grew up. And he turned out ok. US Marine, active status, 17 countries on two deployments, and he is currently serving on his re-enlistment.
August 7, 2013 at 6:23am   
ckrelly
Gray! It can still have so many colors added after baby comes.
August 7, 2013 at 6:24am     
Caitlin Garrow
Beige is a great option as you can incorporate many boy or girl colours in later through bedding accessories, wall art etc.
August 7, 2013 at 6:41am     
Leona Mozes Photography
Gray's yellow's and golds. Very sophisticated, and gender neutral. See more of this room at: http://www.houzz.com/pro/mozuzz/leona-mozes-photography
August 7, 2013 at 6:42am     
acraffaele
Navy Blue accent wall with white trim and white bookcases
August 7, 2013 at 6:45am   
robinkay21
I like the pop of yellow, but only on a wall or 2.
August 7, 2013 at 6:45am     
shazzan
Yellow is not only bright inside during summer but throughout all the seasons and can be for both sexes.
August 7, 2013 at 6:49am   
Tabetha Stirrett
I like green because you can accent with either pink or blue when you finally meet your bundle of joy!!
August 7, 2013 at 6:49am     
kwalker64
I like the soft grey with yellow accents. I find it a very neutral pallette and easy to accent.
August 7, 2013 at 6:50am   
lamberj
Gray is such a calming and versatile neutral. It can be warm or cool. Gender-specific colors can easily be added in the future if desired.
August 7, 2013 at 6:53am   
sarj81
Beige is my pick. Warm, cozy, and perfect for little ones to drift off to dreamland.
August 7, 2013 at 6:54am     
kusurfer
I voted green but I think it was the room itself more than the color.
August 7, 2013 at 6:54am     
brigittelukas
I love green
August 7, 2013 at 6:56am   
emmanell
Grey! I work at a baby store and see grey being used more all the time. You can keep it neutral with yellow or turquoise if you like a little pop or add pink or blue after baby comes to make it more gender specific.
August 7, 2013 at 6:56am   
Kim
I liked both the grey and the beige but the grey seems a little more calming to me.
August 7, 2013 at 6:58am   
W.K. Appliance
I would go with a light gray/blue shade. This would be a relaxing, soothing color and almost any accessory color would look good.
August 7, 2013 at 6:58am   
booboonyc81
We are actually expecting our first child in a few days and we went for a deep orange for our nursery. Can be gender neutral depending on the color of the accents chosen in the room. It has really come together nicely.
August 7, 2013 at 7:00am     
mandurtehsammich
Beige is calming and inviting. No matter what the gender, accessories will always make the room.
August 7, 2013 at 7:01am     
idau85 A
Grey, it can be accented with a plethora of colors and still looks well put together.
August 7, 2013 at 7:11am   
bubblyjock
Doh! I hit grey and I meant to hit yellow. Who wants their baby growing up in a grey world, however trendy grey might be this year! There are lots of variations on yellows, from buttery to mustards, and it's such a kind and cheerful colour.
August 7, 2013 at 7:12am   
kelly2ws
Every single room shown is lovely and a baby would be lucky to raised in any of them, but I prefer the green, it is happy and soothing at the same time. The multi colored rug really brightens up the room as well.
August 7, 2013 at 7:13am     
jmeyer04
A warm gray is very soothing and can be accented with bright or calming colors to accommodate any decorating style.
August 7, 2013 at 7:13am   
hpatino
White is so relaxing.. Nursery's should be a calming place. As they grow it's easy to make it more bright, fun, and exciting with that base!
August 7, 2013 at 7:16am   
netdy_hottie
Green is fairly gender neutral and is also bright ! But it's versatile because there are so many wonderful shades of green !
August 7, 2013 at 7:16am     
N.O.R,LLC
I like all of them but I m thinking since you spend alot of money on nursery ,it should have potential of adding few pieces and change the gender and age group and I m thinking the beige you can add more accent pieces and change the look of the room.
August 7, 2013 at 7:18am     
msjaf17
Gray -Love it!
August 7, 2013 at 7:18am   
beachbabybc
I like the yellow as it reminds me of the sun, bright and magical, also a healing color
August 7, 2013 at 7:19am   
lupe123
I like beige because you can accent it with pinks for girls and blues for boy. It is a calm and peaceful color too.
August 7, 2013 at 7:20am     
ahillswife
I like the gray it is gender neutral and for a boy you could add navy or green and a girl lavender or pink. My daughters nursery is currently light pink, gray and black and I LOVE it.
August 7, 2013 at 7:23am   
kitykity7
While I do love sage as a neutral for the nursery, I went with other. I've found that bc the eyesight is poor at first and not fully developed stark contrasts work best for the infants eye. A nice striped or one accent wall with your favorite neutral and teal (boy or girl friendly), mint green, or even a muted purple are excellent choices as they work for both genders, catch the eye at any age, and can grow with the child as their interests and age change :)
August 7, 2013 at 7:25am     
equest
Peaceful and restorative green gets my vote. Can't imagine why anyone would choose dreary gray or beige for a baby.
August 7, 2013 at 7:25am   
Bambi Gonzales
Gray- You can add so much color to make this room so warm and safe for your precious baby or grandbaby.
August 7, 2013 at 7:26am   
heaven12
I love the green, it is not to bright or dark the light shade wall compliments the green along with the yellow in the picture. It can be for a boy or girl. It does not overpower the room or hurt the eyes.
August 7, 2013 at 7:29am   
Melissa Kemm
I love the effects that can be made with the green!
August 7, 2013 at 7:30am   
Fabrics Second to None
We have seen a huge boom recently in gender-neutral colors in the baby's room! As a professional design center that specializes in window treatments and bedding, we find that our moms are selecting greys, taupes, and whites when decorating their nursery. It doesn't matter if it's their first baby or not, gender-neutral is by far the current trend!
August 7, 2013 at 7:32am   
majesticmom
Actually, you can do white furniture with both mint green & pale yellow walls & bedding in solids. When the baby arrives, add your motif with either primarily pastel pink or peach for a girl or baby blue or pale aqua for a boy. This nursery color scheme can be reused for the second child just by changing the bedding if the sex of the second child is opposite of your 1st child & is appropriate for opposite sex twins.
August 7, 2013 at 7:35am   
mgibbs1
Yellow gets my vote.
August 7, 2013 at 7:36am   
twstevens
White, and add color later.
August 7, 2013 at 7:39am   
Amber Austin
I like the beige. You can add any other colored accessories to make it gender specific.
August 7, 2013 at 7:43am     
Kyla Anderson
We just finished painting our nursery. We chose green. Here's a photo.
August 7, 2013 at 7:44am     
ssperry0219
Gray-it is a wonderful neutral that works with gender specific colors. It is a color that can "grow" with the baby
August 7, 2013 at 7:45am   
ginnyoliver
Beige is a warmer color than the other neutrals and can be accented in either direction pink or blue accents.
August 7, 2013 at 7:47am     
Nicole Amorim
We went with a pale yellow and lilac ceiling. I added a few vinyl decals from Etsy, and voila!!! Gorgeous room for a little girl!
August 7, 2013 at 7:47am     
barbncali
Green, either gender, soothing but fun color
August 7, 2013 at 7:50am   
crazyoverpurple
Love the yellow! Yellow is a color that is ALWAYS cheery and delightful...BUT It cannot be a screaming zonker yellow...must be a soft subdued yellow...ahh yes! So calming but refreshing and cheery and perky, right?
August 7, 2013 at 7:50am   
dthomas10
I love the beige because it is not only soothing to the baby, but Mommy as well.
August 7, 2013 at 7:50am     
miramira
I love the grey because it can morph in any direction from there later down the road, but soothing the way it is....
August 7, 2013 at 7:55am   
Mel Brown
I like dusty deep red tones with cream to soften. If it's a boy blue can be thrown in to the mix or pink if it's a girl. This colour palette allows for depth and calm that appeals to adults as much as it will aid sleep.
August 7, 2013 at 7:59am   
Deb P
I like beige, you can always change the color decor without having to paint everytime.
August 7, 2013 at 8:00am     
darla_t
How about a color that is bright enough to be cheerful, but not eye-hurting like the featured yellow? I agree that a creamy yellow would be a good color.
Or you could have a neutral color with bright accents, or a combination of several colors. The baby won't care if the walls are pink or blue, but babies do tend to like bright colors.
August 7, 2013 at 8:00am     
sullenbj
Even though I am not really a Yellow fan I love the simple, soft energy in this room. It has fun and gentleness all at the same time.
August 7, 2013 at 8:00am   
Q Ly
yellow is the way to go!
August 7, 2013 at 8:02am   
Vivian Rase
the beige with white elephants brings a serene feeling. Perfect for calming both mommie and baby.
August 7, 2013 at 8:02am     
123joni
Love the warmth of the beige with the white. It makes me feel enfolded in a warm, natural blanket. I think it would be easy to add accent color after baby is born.
August 7, 2013 at 8:03am     
JMittman Designs
Tough call, but I went with the green. I think the layout spoke to me best.
August 7, 2013 at 8:05am   
Splash Creative Bath Solutions
A sweet lime green is the color we painted our twins bedroom. Perfect for a boy and a girl. Paired with simple white painted furniture, hardwood floors and a bright geometric rug.
August 7, 2013 at 8:08am   
psnow
I love yellow - it's an uplifting color.
August 7, 2013 at 8:09am   
Bambi Gonzales
I really like the gray because you can pull so many others colors in to make the room warn and safe for your baby or grandbaby.
August 7, 2013 at 8:10am   
cabcombs
Love the green, easy choice
August 7, 2013 at 8:11am   
jh77
I think babies need bright colors to stimulate them. I like yellow because it is cheery and so many other colors can go with it as accents like red, blue, green, etc. Babies tend to make people smile, babies rooms should do the same.
August 7, 2013 at 8:11am   
evamarie2557
I once read years ago, that babies respond well to stimulation from bright colors as soon as they come home. Studies have shown these babies grew up as being more confident, creative and benefit from other advantages than babies who were not. Although I love the designs you have, I would go with bright colors
August 7, 2013 at 8:12am   
bosnider
All can be lovely. Beige is warm, but will look good with cool colors as well.
August 7, 2013 at 8:13am     
aleyafoulks
Green all the wayyyy! It's fun, eye catching, and makes you feel like you're in a plush green meadow staring up at the clouds while enjoying nature's beauty. Besides that wonderful image I just gave you, the other colors are far too stale and boring for a young child's room.
August 7, 2013 at 8:13am   
CTS Electric
Green was my vote. There are endless shades of green from which to choose. With my first we went with a mint (sounds yucky) color but it worked to pull in the bedding, curtains, etc.
August 7, 2013 at 8:15am   
anne dee
part 1 part 2 see below
Without being gender specific I would like to see a room that would stimulate and amuse a baby when he/she alone in the crib upon awakening.
pic 1 Going clockwise starting with the green room I find the wall paper over stimulating and distracting and not in a good way.
pic 2 Elephant stencil "Is that all there is ? Some additional animals were be more fun
August 7, 2013 at 8:17am   
Cassandra Beran
I love the mix of the Grey and Yellow but since I can only pick one, Grey is my vote.
August 7, 2013 at 8:18am   
streamliner
I think grey can be such a pretty neutral because you can accent it with many different punches of color once the gender and personality is established. It is a subtle and relaxing color that will give you great flexibility as the baby grows and his/her personality develops. Who are we kidding, kids use their bedrooms to sleep, chill and find comfort. Bright colors everywhere will over stimulate the poor kid. Leave the color stimulation for the playroom, outdoors and tv. :)
August 7, 2013 at 8:19am     
naynay175
The Green room is, to me, the most inviting, calming.
August 7, 2013 at 8:20am   
anne dee
continue Part 2
Pic 3 Yellow wall color nice but the room seems disjointed . Additional toys in crib for Baby would be more fun
pic 4soft grey room has additional interest with the mobile and toy at eye level on the chest .to this room some final touches could be added after the baby is born
pic 5 not much to see in this pic so hard to make a choice

So I choose Pic 4
August 7, 2013 at 8:24am   
cindyksmith
I also like the grey-I agree that you will be able to add any color and change it up as often as you like and still keep it current for many years for either a girl or a boy.
August 7, 2013 at 8:25am   
Selina Ryals
green looks wonderful. feels peaceful just in this small picture. baby and family will enjoying spending
August 7, 2013 at 8:25am   
melissasaracase
I chose the white, I'm very into clean lines and open airy feeling rooms right now. I almost went with the gray the white really looks the most serene.
August 7, 2013 at 8:26am   
Basma Faris
Even if you know the gender green has a calming effect, perfect for hyper toddlers!
August 7, 2013 at 8:26am   
kezviola
White is the perfect backdrop for adding whatever colorful splashes you feel suit the mood and occasion!
August 7, 2013 at 8:28am   
kimfriedrichs
I love the green pattern! It is bold and eye catching! Why not enjoy and appreciate a pattern that is interesting and stimulating for the baby and parent. You can always have your soft grey, white or your beige later.
August 7, 2013 at 8:28am   
April
Gray works for both genders. You can add some orange and hot pink, or blue and green to brighten the room after the baby arrives. :)
August 7, 2013 at 8:28am   
joannenorthey
I like grey and white. If you have a boy you can pop it with navy and or orange and if it is a girl you can pop it with hot pink.
August 7, 2013 at 8:29am   
ladybugred
I love beige because it is so calming to a newborn and you can add all colors for stimulation. It is simple yet comforting. So much like the color of the fields in the fall when Nature is starting the cleaning process to start over again.
August 7, 2013 at 8:30am     
Keith McGeorge
My wife and I are expecting in the next month and a half. We went with a very light gray. I was curious to how it would look, but with the white trim it really pops.
August 7, 2013 at 8:33am   
sharylk11
There is just something delicate about the gray and white.
August 7, 2013 at 8:39am   
zimmerg
I like yellow, but very difficult to find a good shade of yellow that is not overly bright and not too beige/orangy. 16 years ago I painted my baby's (boy) room a very light lemon ice color with white trim, and it was very welcoming.
August 7, 2013 at 8:43am   
pixiemouse29
Our nursery in green with a calvin and hobbes mural i painted. Tried to stay away from the suffocating stereotypical gender assignef colors.
August 7, 2013 at 8:44am     
Cornerstone Home Design
The Green Wall of animals is almost like a patterned look of wall paper, the colors are perfect for either sex and allows for the room to feel warm and fun.
August 7, 2013 at 8:47am   
niurkaleman
i love the green and the beige...colors should be bright but not too muc!!! Would love to see the combination of those 2 colors in the room.
August 7, 2013 at 8:51am   
egland
even though grey is my color, the green room looks great
August 7, 2013 at 8:51am   
Studio M Interior Design
Loving the gray, it looks great in nurseries for both genders. Then you can accessorize using basically any of your favorite color(s)
August 7, 2013 at 8:52am     
nswartwout
Peaceful green. I crochet blankets for a local orphanage, green is a great choice.
August 7, 2013 at 8:52am   
angelastiles
I like have murals that brings in nature during the winter months so they can feel at home all the time. I have teenagers. One room is in medieval times with castle, knights and dragons and the other has a batman cave room. My living room is set-up like your are in the mountains looking at waterfalls and eagles.
August 7, 2013 at 8:53am   
brownramon
Green all the way. Very earthy and refreshing.
August 7, 2013 at 8:54am   
mel30fly
I love green! You can match it with any other color! Very neutral but not boring.
August 7, 2013 at 8:55am   
jamesvalentino
I am a guy and would go with white, not knowing the sex of the baby. I would add color and interest with wall decorations, using the white as a backdrop.
August 7, 2013 at 8:56am   
bluclarinet
Love the bright cheerful sunny Yellow..green a close second.
August 7, 2013 at 8:56am   
Mariah James
Green is a nice gender neutral color that decorative pieces can be added easily while still having a colorful and playful baby's room!
August 7, 2013 at 8:58am   
hillcountrycapecod
I went with a creamy yellow, it's bright and colorful but still neutral enough to be pair with just about any other colors!
August 7, 2013 at 9:01am   
izzysnana
The beige room looks very cozy with the fluffy rug and doggy.
August 7, 2013 at 9:01am     
Kathleen Kolberg
Love the idea of yellow - but I would probably go green with a woodsy theme
August 7, 2013 at 9:03am   
maggieartb
I love the gray because it can be accented with any color, but what is especially nice is it works well with light pastels or bright vibrant accent colors. Yellow, orange, apple green, baby pinks, everything looks great!
August 7, 2013 at 9:05am   
jandrea370
I agree with "streamliner". While bold, busy and distracting colors and patterns are great for a playroom I prefer soft tones for a nursey. A bedroom is where you want your baby to SLEEP not be stimulated. I have a gray and white nursery with pale pink accents for my granddaughter and she takes 3-4 hour naps! The last thing I want to do is STIMULATE her when she's supposed to be sleeping! Love the pewter crib in the gray room also...something a little different.
August 7, 2013 at 9:06am   
amess
Keep it sleek & modern: Orange, Grey & Ècru
August 7, 2013 at 9:07am   
Courtney Conner Bettle
I love a light green! Perfect for a boy or girl!
August 7, 2013 at 9:10am   
wrichardson
There are so many wonderful shades of green that are soothing and calming. It my opinion, nature's best color!
August 7, 2013 at 9:13am   
lana17
I feel the beige is the most gender neutral. The green I feel is more masculine where as the white grey and yellow I feel is more feminine.
August 7, 2013 at 9:14am     
Patricia Leete
I like the gray to start because it offers so much versatility. You can add a "pop" of color that can be changed frequently by varying linens and accessories in primrary or pastel colors.
August 7, 2013 at 9:15am   
Marci Moore
Loving the Grey! I wish these would have been options way back when I was having children.
August 7, 2013 at 9:15am   
tyrahb99
I vote for gray, maybe even different shades of it on one wall. Pops of color can be added in your bedding and other accessories. I think it's sleek and cool for any gender.
August 7, 2013 at 9:16am   
Debp
I like the gray. Good base for adding an accent color or two once the baby is born.
August 7, 2013 at 9:18am   
onthecoast1
Babies are so easily stimulated, and often over-stimulated; so my vote is the beige room. Contrast for infant entertainment should come from crib toys and mobiles so they can be removed and changed around for continued interest. Babies will quickly grow tired of viewing the same patterns.
August 7, 2013 at 9:21am     
theloop
darlene leleika
I did my daughter's room in a baby green before she was born because I didn't know what we were having.
It was a great soft baby color and would go for either gender. The room looked great with accented flowered valances and ruffles for the girlie touch after she was born, soon she will be turning 25 years old!!!
August 7, 2013 at 9:31am   
Ann Re
Grey is my favorite neutral color for any room.
August 7, 2013 at 9:35am   
Tina Thomas
I like the one that has the Green in it makes babies more alert to look at the colors ,my Grand daughter to this Day Love's her room colorful ,and she does so good at decorating i am glad she does ,she did not take after her granny !
August 7, 2013 at 9:36am   
rexel21
A lovely warm primrose yellow, suits cuddly toys and bed coverings, then when baba is a bit older its really easy to add bright gender specific wall stickers or accessories or even paint or paper a feature to add finishing touches
August 7, 2013 at 9:36am   
guestph
Love the Gray and White, it is very soothing and soft. It will work well with either boy or girl. After the baby is born you can always add accents in a color specific to your baby's gender.
August 7, 2013 at 9:37am   
Dove Cochrane
Green is the Feng Shui color of perfect balance. Face it at this point the baby's room is more about what soothes the parents on those long sleepless nights.
Green is a great base color, everything goes with green.
August 7, 2013 at 9:37am   
shinaynaye
They are all great, but in my humble opinion, white will be too hard to keep clean for a busy parent.
August 7, 2013 at 9:39am   
lululurain
Color affects our moods. I choose green because of the peaceful benefits and because of it's effects in nature. It is soothing and organic and brings the feeling of outdoor breezes inside. Green is like a lullaby.
August 7, 2013 at 9:45am   
Capri Grimes
Green is the color of outside, fresh, natural. We are all so caught up with indoor activities I think our spirits miss nature. What better way to give a baby a great start than with beautiful green!
August 7, 2013 at 9:45am   
Megan Smith
I usually go for green but I think yellow is such a happy color. I had yellow decor when I was a child and I still remember it.
August 7, 2013 at 9:45am   
sandrakay03
I like primary colors for a nursery, boy or girl. Maybe one accent wall in yellow. And accent with other primary colors in bedding and stuffed animals. So I guess I pick the yellow. But I would so do the elephant stencils on the yellow wall just like in the beige room.
August 7, 2013 at 9:50am   
cms333
Grey is versatile. You can use a wide variety of accent colors and you won't have to paint a lot as the child grows. Just change the accents
August 7, 2013 at 9:50am   
jkw3360
Yellow is bright and cheery - just the thing for a new mommy (not to mention baby!)
August 7, 2013 at 9:53am   
tapremzok
Grey is very calming; add gender specific pops of color once the blessed baby arrives.
August 7, 2013 at 9:56am   
scentedpine
I saw a bedroom recently on Houzz. It felt soothing and tranquil, always pleasant to look at.
August 7, 2013 at 9:57am   
foxtail21
Yellow is so cheerful. It's gender neutral and everyone feels happier when they see yellow. It's the obvious choice here.
August 7, 2013 at 9:58am   
scentedpine
I saw a grey bedroom recently on Houzz. It felt soothing and tranquil, always pleasant to look at.
August 7, 2013 at 9:59am   
Julie Purser
Gray goes with anything and you can then add all kinds of color accents when your baby is born!
August 7, 2013 at 10:02am   
jillbatsf
Love the gray. Almost anything goes with it!
August 7, 2013 at 10:03am   
ssullivan3
I like yellow but I wouldn't do it so bright. I'd pick a softer, more subtle shade.
August 7, 2013 at 10:07am   
anne dee
has yellow and turq been considered
August 7, 2013 at 10:08am     
CastleView 3D Renderings
For a neutral nursery, I would choose warm chocolate brown with white trim, a sky blue ceiling, and lots of cute woodsy accents -- like a little nest!
August 7, 2013 at 10:09am   
PaintColorHelp.com Dallas
Gray is obviously the most versatile, but I don't consider it a "color." It's a neutral. So my vote is green. You can add accents of navy, orange or turquoise for a boy or even a girl. In fact, that color combo is also good for a playroom that's shared by boys and girls, as it doesn't scream masculine OR feminine.
August 7, 2013 at 10:12am   
mugwump33
BROWN! Looks great with soft blue or soft pink and is a warm calming earth color. It will grow with a child and give a sense of peace.
August 7, 2013 at 10:22am   
Linda Bibbo
I like the yellow! I read somewhere that everyone should have at least one room in the house that was decorated in yellow - what a good way to start with the nursery! Plus you could add any other colors to compliment this room as time goes on.
August 7, 2013 at 10:22am   
Xtraordinary by Design
Beige because it can "grow" with the baby and her/his room. It's flexible enough to allow for all kinds of decor but not stark or boring at all, and it can still be calming and relaxing.
August 7, 2013 at 10:23am   
joyful_lady
I love a lot of color. Circles with many different colors are easily painted on a wall. After the baby arrives, accessories can be added to make it more masculine or feminine.
August 7, 2013 at 10:29am   
tchnj
I loved the green too, but I also liked the white
August 7, 2013 at 10:35am   
Katrina Cranford
Green! It is such a soothing color!
August 7, 2013 at 10:39am   
teebird56
White- it is such a peaceful, soothing room. I love it.
August 7, 2013 at 10:42am   
Kathryn Dusek
Green is calming and soothing. This might help with some fussy babies. Also is very relaxing.
August 7, 2013 at 10:44am   
Anne Aulbert Designs
I think gray is the perfect color - you can coordinate it with almost any other color
August 7, 2013 at 10:48am   
Uppercase Living Ind. Demonstrator Jean Danieu
I like the beige and grey. I like neutrals because I find them calming and you can add any accent color or accessory in the future. In my opinion the white room is too plain…the addition of window treatments would make a big difference here….the room needs some color, it looks unfinished. Also, from my experience with having my own children, room darkening shades are a must in a child's room! They work wonders for keeping your kids asleep longer in the morning after recharging their batteries all night long! A roman shade in the white room would be a nice addition. Another idea is artwork or a simple decal which can be removed easily when the child outgrows it. For more decal ideas check out my Ideabooks on Houzz.
August 7, 2013 at 10:54am     
gbogle22
I agree with Julie, if you go with the gray to start out with you can add gender colors to it after the baby is born. Plus once the kid starts to learn their colors and what they like you can change the gender baby colors to favorite colors.
August 7, 2013 at 10:58am   
harleysmydlap
Gray is truly a "gender-neutral " color!
August 7, 2013 at 10:59am   
crimprovement
The beige is a natural color for either boy or girl and with other color items will bring the room out even more. When the sunlight come thru the window it will give the room outdoor effect and the safari is a great touch for the animal wallpaper
August 7, 2013 at 11:00am   
jef50ner
Childrens' rooms are great in bright and stimulating colors but its been my experience that softer more neutral tones provides a more soothing environment for newborns; as they grow the bright colors can be added as accessories & wall art.
August 7, 2013 at 11:01am     
PARZ Designs
I love the green!
August 7, 2013 at 11:01am   
thebe
Yellow is my favorite color and I think it is gender neutral. If the child is a boy, you can add splashes of blue, green, brown, tan, red to personalize the sex. These primary colors add visual interest to children as they grown and they are a great way to begin to teach a child colors. My children grew up in a yellow room with charicatures of mickey mouse, mary poppins, goofey, donald and other Disney friends. They loved it.
August 7, 2013 at 11:05am   
tennisanyone
I love the gray and then I would add blue or pink. I guess I'm traditional.
August 7, 2013 at 11:09am   
dreamsailor
Green! It's also easier to decorate with either brown for a boy or light purple for a gilr when the baby is born.
August 7, 2013 at 11:12am   
hheavey
Green gives a stimulattion and is still for a boy or girl
August 7, 2013 at 11:12am   
Marisabel Barrachina de Espitia
My vote is for YELLOW. It feels like a room full of positive energy
August 7, 2013 at 11:14am     
catt40160
I like the idea of a room of a collection of pastel rainbow colors instead of just one color. Stimulate the infant's visual cortex without overloading it with a multitude of bright colors. Ease into the vivid colors. I think it would encourage creativity as they get older and more color is added.
August 7, 2013 at 11:17am   
cristine58
I would choose a greige, since most families have to consider the carpet color that comes with a home.
August 7, 2013 at 11:24am   
anitacz711
I think gray is always a depressing color for walls, especially for a baby's room. l love yellow for a baby's room, but not the yellow in the picture. It's too bright! My grandson's room is painted in Hawthorne Yellow by Benjamin Moore and it's very versatile as many different colors can go with it. White is great too if you brighten it with lots of colors in fabric, pictures, etc.
August 7, 2013 at 11:28am     
misscat143
I like the green color, it would appeal with the boy or girl. It's a soothing color as well. Kids are usually hyper, this color would calm them down.
August 7, 2013 at 11:40am   
New Ideas Company
My vote goes for the neutral room with the elephants, a splash of color can be added with a blanket and a teddy bear, even a small shaggy carpet later on!
August 7, 2013 at 11:42am   
nessa_sita
Definitely gray, there are a lot of shades of it and adding accent colors later is an easy way to customize.
August 7, 2013 at 11:44am   
msreed905
The yellow adds a pop of color and can work well with gray shades.
August 7, 2013 at 11:44am   
Shannon Martell
I have seen a few nurseries done in green, my favorite is with 1 foot wide stripes of white and green. Looks awesome and the large stripes don't clash or conflict with any design you'd choose.
August 7, 2013 at 11:51am   
ruthieq
Love the yellow with a gray wall and white furniture, can always add different colors for pop.. will always look cheerful even on rainy or cloudy days..and a happy room , is a happy baby..I really think a yellow and white room is a happy room.
August 7, 2013 at 11:52am   
My vote goes gray. The entire room is a carry-over. No need to do anything major again.
August 7, 2013 at 11:56am   
schome4me
I go with grey. All other colors go with it and it is soothing to the eyes.
August 7, 2013 at 11:56am   
Patricia Chang
I painted one of my bathroom in Sherwin Williams Popular Gray and at times it looks beige.
August 7, 2013 at 11:58am   
houseupdate
I like it because it is a cool color, relaxing.
August 7, 2013 at 11:58am   
melle1228
Yellow! It's a happy color not only for the baby, but for mommy and daddy too! Keeps you smiling even at 3 in the morning!
August 7, 2013 at 12:13pm   
liz5160
Gray! I'm obsessed with gray right now! Anything would match (even that multi-color afghan your aunt knit for the baby) ! And once the baby is born and gender is known it's so easy to add pops of color to compliment the gray. It's also very calming and soothing for a bedroom.
August 7, 2013 at 12:15pm   
dhunmudi
Green and clean--great combination. I'd just add pops of colors depending on the baby's gender, and the family will have the freedom to change it as the need be in the future.
August 7, 2013 at 12:15pm   
mehenderson
Gray is so calming. We used it in a recent renovation.
August 7, 2013 at 12:18pm   
lgmiller17
Green is what I would call a wholesome color.
August 7, 2013 at 12:21pm   
loishapi
For me: BEIGE. They are all lovely, however, less is more - being with baby without distractions or sensory over-stimulation especially poignant - the elephants and dog imply calm, stability, protection. Memories in the making. Texturally natural soft to touch, easy to clean, affordable.
August 7, 2013 at 12:22pm   
Jennifer
I voted Grey. i just painted my entire house (every room) grey and I'm not disappointed at all. I think rooms should be a pretty neutral color so that you can dress them up colorful art work or rugs.
August 7, 2013 at 12:23pm     
buckeyemamato2
Beige with white elephants! Love the neutrals and the elephants are fun!
August 7, 2013 at 12:23pm   
salle26
I've just always been a fan of earthy tones. Greens, brown etc all seem wonderful for a baby.
August 7, 2013 at 12:26pm   
Travis Robert Renovations
Our vote goes to grey! A light green would be a nice alternative...
August 7, 2013 at 12:27pm   
edithsmom
A celery green or Granny Apple green is light and sweet, cool and neutral, and would suit a baby/child for many years.
August 7, 2013 at 12:28pm   
younglkzs
White because it's fresh and clean - and just says "Baby." With an accent color it can become defined for a little girl or little boy.
August 7, 2013 at 12:30pm   
my5light
Orange! happy,warm, unisex
August 7, 2013 at 12:36pm   
kcory1969
Green, white is just to neutral along with beige, yellow over stimulates, gray with a lot of other color but green is so cheery and so back to nature, yep green with touches of pink or blue
August 7, 2013 at 12:36pm   
Jamie Nettles
I like them all, but the yellow is my favorite!
August 7, 2013 at 12:39pm   
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
Definitely green. Green is the color of growth and that is well suited for a baby.
August 7, 2013 at 12:40pm   
swsmsca
As an adult I smile when I see the room....I imagine a baby/child doing the same
August 7, 2013 at 12:43pm   
lake1114
I am not sure that I would go with any of those colors but out of the rooms the way they are shown, I like the grey best as it certainly is a great base to start from for either a boy or girl.
August 7, 2013 at 1:02pm     
sen2011
beige is so calming and goes with anything
August 7, 2013 at 1:07pm   
bonieray
I like the Green best. Babies are stimulated by bright colors. The others are too bland.
August 7, 2013 at 1:07pm   
mariasmits
white !! as the unwritten first page of a life long book.
August 7, 2013 at 1:07pm     
parkergirl
Green! This color is perfect for new life!
August 7, 2013 at 1:08pm   
mgb6697
I love the idea of a pale grey, white trim, so cool and comforting, then bring in colors in accessories!,,
August 7, 2013 at 1:11pm     
kagerulle
White...let mom, dad and the toys be the color in their world.
August 7, 2013 at 1:12pm   
KathrynElizabeth Etier
Green...several shades from pale to forest with yellow accents. It's peaceful and calming.
August 7, 2013 at 1:15pm   
yk13
green is soothing and the color of trees and grass
August 7, 2013 at 1:16pm   
Sherry Everts
I agree with the other comments on white...you can add your other colors in assesories for gender specific
August 7, 2013 at 1:17pm   
dsimmer
The gray is a restful color and the room is tastefully decorated. Babies do not need to be overstimulated. Accents can be changed as the child grows. Just remember that infants need to be given high contrast visual stimulation from the very beginning….black and white is what they see best…and black and white graphics of a face are what they first recognize...but it doesn’t have to happen all over the nursery! Mobiles or photos should be hung in areas where they spend their awake time, and at first these should only approximately nine inches away from their eyes because the distance they first learn to focus is the distance between their eyes and their mothers’ eyes during feeding.
August 7, 2013 at 1:22pm     
Judy Finch
Grey, light goes well with any accent colors
August 7, 2013 at 1:24pm     
kafffeinated
Orange! Lively, fun, and great for a boy or a girl. Goes with pinks, or greens, fab with white or wood tones too. Transitions well to toddlerband child room themes. Fun!
August 7, 2013 at 1:26pm   
chickenlady5
Pale purple or sky blue. You want to go calming in a child's room. I really despise beige.
August 7, 2013 at 1:31pm   
LaDonna Cadle
I'm voting OTHER because I think if you go with bright PRIMARY COLORS they will add so much interest to the babies room for the baby and other people too. My new grandbabies eyes get so big when she sees me wearing nice bright interesting colors that sometimes I dress just to please her.
August 7, 2013 at 1:39pm   
tricianewman
I voted other. If I can't have a multi-coloured nursery (as the rug in the green colour shown) then I'd vote for a yellow although not quite as bright as the yellow shown (Wow, it hurt my eyes to look at it). It has to be light, airy and cheerful. I'll never understand all the black cribs, change tables and dressers being sold now. Give me white furniture in a yellow room with multi-coloured accents. Yup, that would be great for my two grandbabies.
August 7, 2013 at 1:51pm   
Julie Stanfield
Yellow is the best memory I have forever, which I had yellow and white accent bedroom ( one sided of yellow daisies wallpaper) when I was a child... My brother had yellow with blue accent with trim wallpaper( trains)... It was what my parents could afford back then with one yellow paint for a whole house, but different accents of colors in each room...
August 7, 2013 at 1:51pm   
Overhead Door Company of The Desert
I would use green as the base color and add a pop of other color depending on if it is a boy or girl. You can never out grow green!!
August 7, 2013 at 1:51pm   
mfredson1
I like the yellow, especially on just the one wall. You can always add different colours since its only an accent wall.
August 7, 2013 at 1:57pm   
kar8abun
Babies can only see white, red and black at birth. I voted for the white room, because you could change your accent colors. So, white walls, accent with red & black at first, and then to more permanent colors. I think primary colors can make a room a lot of fun, as long as it's not too overpowering. Have fun, and thanks for letting us vote! :D
August 7, 2013 at 2:00pm   
slemmon01
i really like the yellow and think some added green would make it the perfect Oregon duck room
August 7, 2013 at 2:13pm     
harrypearson941946
I really like the yellow and think some added purple would make it the perfect LSU (Geaux Tigers) room
August 7, 2013 at 2:24pm   
Crystal D
Beige against the white actually looks soothing.
August 7, 2013 at 2:29pm   
Zara McCullough
I love green! My favourite is a pastel mint green. I think green is becoming more gender neutral and this is a prime example!
August 7, 2013 at 2:29pm   
bjpc326
Beige or white. You can easily add touches of blue or pink after the baby arrives if you want to be more gender specific.
August 7, 2013 at 2:34pm   
a_rainbow
I chose Gray. I love the cool neutrals and the mood they put me in. They allow me to "chill out". And I feel like gray goes better with white then cream or light tans and there is always white somewhere! All colors outside the warm neutrals are fun with gray too!
August 7, 2013 at 2:39pm   
rxab
Green is my choice. It is a neutral in nature. Goes with pink or blue
August 7, 2013 at 2:39pm   
tigerlily2005
I voted yellow!! I LOVE a yellow, light gray and white color combo! Yellow nurseries are fun and playful, but not overly babyish, and can suit either gender. It's the perfect combo! :)
August 7, 2013 at 2:44pm   
harrypearson941946
I voted yellow. I love yellow or more Gold as in Purple and Gold. Geaux Tigers! LSU Tigers that is.
August 7, 2013 at 2:46pm   
eringingrich
Gray is so hot right now and can be paired with so many other colors once you know if the baby is a boy or a girl. I am actually dying to do a gray and green combo in a room soon.
August 7, 2013 at 2:50pm     
omeyer
Normally I love green, but I voted for the gray. I love it with yellow, blue, green, orange - really any color will look outstanding with gray!
August 7, 2013 at 2:58pm   
laurav507
I like the unexpectedness of the Green for a gender neutral nursery! My whole house is various tones of gray, but I am loving that green! Paired with hot pink for a girl or navy for a boy would be awesome! Too bad I am beyond considering having another!
August 7, 2013 at 2:58pm   
denahartigan
Green is the happiest and most peaceful of all colors.
August 7, 2013 at 2:58pm   
zerolotline
The gray is a calming and charming color for a room.
August 7, 2013 at 3:02pm   
bestbybarb
In the stone age, before everyone knew their baby's sex, a lemon chiffon worked well, because accents could be blue or brown for a son, lavender or pinks for a daughter. My vote is for lemon chiffon!
August 7, 2013 at 3:06pm   
soozmacrae
White is crisp and clean. Colour can be added with fabrics, toys and art.
August 7, 2013 at 3:06pm   
Tara Horsley
Love the gray. It seems soothing and chic
August 7, 2013 at 3:12pm     
loriech
I like the green room because it is cheerful and stimulating. A nursery is not a room to use neutrals.
August 7, 2013 at 3:15pm   
Kathleen Gunderson Sloan
In Minnesota, green signifies the coming of spring and new life - how appropriate for a nursery harboring a new life!
August 7, 2013 at 3:19pm     
lizhunt23
Yellow is what I chose 41 years.
August 7, 2013 at 3:20pm   
mari14
sally
I normally dont like green but that room was really the BEST!
August 7, 2013 at 3:30pm   
lucindalane
I like the gray, too. When I was a "tween" I had this gray dress that had a lacy "bib" and a yellow ribbon running around the edges. I always thought that was the pretty, if unusual. Gray can be mixed with pink, or yellow, or a blues or dark greens-or just some other neutral.
August 7, 2013 at 3:43pm   
Justin Martin
Always a fan of white because it is so neutral that you can decorate to your hearts content!
August 7, 2013 at 3:45pm   
Doris Tredway
like the green best. mixes with any accent color.
August 7, 2013 at 3:49pm     
niceautumn
Yellow is bright as the sun, cheerful, perky, stimulating, Ideal for babies.
August 7, 2013 at 3:57pm   
jhm7025
I go for white. The selected white could be warm or cool, marries well with other hues, and is scrubbable for baby-clean.

So do the slippers come in women's 11?
August 7, 2013 at 3:58pm   
debnbob
The soft greys give a calm and sophisticated feel. Calming and neutral, for baby and parents.
August 7, 2013 at 4:00pm   
akfortin
I'll pass on the slippers. LOL.
I'd usually say yellow but...
The yellow pictured here is not good for a baby's room - but a soft creamy yellow (more a cream than a yellow) is a fabulous choice for a baby's room - happy and cheerful. Our house had a soft yellow room that became the nursery for both of our kids - I love the colour (and I'm really not a fan of adding more chemicals to a baby's space by painting - yes, I use no VOC paint, but still).
I chose white on the survey (not white-white, warm undertones are great).
August 7, 2013 at 4:22pm   
g33kch1ck
Love the green room, which also seems most functional!
August 7, 2013 at 4:28pm     
jkiwala
http://pinterest.com/pin/452119250061479423/ This was our inspiration....
August 7, 2013 at 4:33pm   
helmetgirl
I would prefer a darker grey, that way you can add lighter gender specific hues; pinks, greens, blues, reds, yellows. They all mesh with a dark grey.
August 7, 2013 at 4:39pm   
bgarrison12
Biege compliments every piece of furniture out there. Easy, neutral and can quickly be changed into an office or extra room after the child has grown up.
August 7, 2013 at 4:41pm   
mistymel
Coming from a tropical island I would definitely go with green. Green feels earthy, I think of trees, I can feel the wind, clean air. All this I would want for my baby until my baby is old enough to make his/her own choice.
August 7, 2013 at 4:41pm     
Kay Kitchens-Poindexter
Shades of green stand as organic neutrals. It is like a child playing in a back yard with trees to climb, flowers to smell and wildlife to discover. The options are endless with this color.
August 7, 2013 at 4:49pm     
Atreju Hood
I feel the beige is calming. Plus the elephants are beautiful
August 7, 2013 at 4:51pm   
Heather Charity
The green is fun but for a full time room...with room to grow and build...the tan. You can build off that neutral in just about any direction.
August 7, 2013 at 4:53pm   
ginacastle
Babies are stimulated by bright colors, white is no color, beige & grey are also close to no color, bright yellow says sun and may be a little too bright waking them up too early. It's all about the baby not the most accessorizable color for the decorator enthusiast. So, I choose green and there are lots of shades to choose from!
August 7, 2013 at 4:54pm     
lrb945
i love a soft, buttery yellow for the carpet with taupe walls and white trim. white furniture, too. use yellow and white gingham for curtains and bumper pad, etc. soft, tranquil and sophisticated.
August 7, 2013 at 4:59pm   
shawneeangel
The beige room would look great with a light turquoise, pale orange for accent colors. Touches of darker browns/tans would really make it an awesome room. Beiges come in all kinds of shades, so my choice would be for that color.
August 7, 2013 at 5:07pm     
mums6975
Grey has both yin and yang that makes it very suitable. Think of the creative ways it can be personalized as the baby grows: pink linen pillow shams for a baby girl and a soft blue denim fabricfor a little boy. It has endless possibilities as a launching pad for exquisite. colored accents in many hues.. Elements f rom each of the color schemes pictured could be added successfully to the grey. The rug anchors the room and also defines it as ageless as does the built-in wall unit. Grey it is!
August 7, 2013 at 5:08pm   
Karen
We added a baby bed to the guest room for my first grandbaby (a boy) because I watch him while my son and daughter-in-law work. We left the beige walls and soft green sheer curtains along with the brown, beige, and soft green comforter. We were pleasantly surprised to easily find crib sheets, baby blankets, stuffed animals, and wall decorations that match! If/when we get a baby girl, the room still works.
August 7, 2013 at 5:11pm   
Michelle Ruiz
Gray is so calm and also is no gender specific.
August 7, 2013 at 5:12pm   
Lhen Lansang
I prefer gray coz it is cool and suitable for a girl or boy.
August 7, 2013 at 5:19pm   
designer1721
Very light warm melon color ( orange as in cantaloupe) buttery yellow with hints of very pale mint green.
August 7, 2013 at 5:21pm     
turboe5
I love the grey.......It will go with any other color you would like to add later...
August 7, 2013 at 5:21pm   
smwhitney
I think that a child's room need to be cheerful and warm. Out of your selections, I would choose green. It is warm, earthy and goes with a lot of other colors. Grey is too dreary and depressing.
August 7, 2013 at 5:23pm   
Sandra Alger, CID, Fresh Ideas by Sandy
Yellow, love it.. Neutral Gender . Yellow blends nicely with Grey, Purple, Blue and Green, as accent colors, and can be added as the child grows and taste changes.
August 7, 2013 at 5:31pm   
tj59
A medium tone grey will match any color of accessories/bedding/accents. Bright white trim for contrast and you can have a sophisticated, playful, any age appropriate room.
August 7, 2013 at 5:34pm   
polarity
Green, but a paler green. Makes me think of spring, the beginning of the year and symbolically the beginning of a person's life.
August 7, 2013 at 5:34pm   
calidesign
Green. Babies love contrast, and the other rooms are too neutral.
August 7, 2013 at 5:38pm   
kathar6
Yellow for me, it stimulates the baby's sight and it is easy to pair with white too , then add pop of other colors when the kid grows up.
August 7, 2013 at 5:39pm   
nweyrie
Yellow and green are especially bad if the baby is at all jaundiced, so I've never liked them in a nursery. My favorite is a very pale, bright periwinkle - crisp and clean and easy to accessorize.
August 7, 2013 at 5:44pm   
houston23902
I love the grey. You can add pink, yellow, or blue any time!
August 7, 2013 at 5:54pm   
mommacon
any color but pink or blue and I love beige anywhere
August 7, 2013 at 5:58pm   
N'FRED CONSTRUCTIONS
i love the yellow.
August 7, 2013 at 6:01pm   
shellythie
I love the YELLOW! It's bright and cheery and gives those new eyes something to focus on!
August 7, 2013 at 6:09pm   
candl2011
I've just done our little ones nursery in a stripe of homely red called 'red stop' and with a neutral cream/hesian. Looks wonder and suits either m or f. :)
August 7, 2013 at 6:14pm   
shirleenprescott
I love the gray, we had a black wrought iron baby bed for our granddaughter. She was too young to care :)
August 7, 2013 at 6:19pm   
madam01
green=life..energy, cheer, verdant. A color that can be coordinated easily as the child grows. Perfect!
August 7, 2013 at 6:22pm   
tanni
tcordis@att.net I love bright colors! That's why I chose Yellow! It livens up the white room and it will sure open the eyes of the new baby! It reminds me of summer, even when the weather changes. Although I redid my Grand daughters room at my house in a very light green. The slippers, well, there OK.
August 7, 2013 at 6:27pm   
terryfunke
Gray please, add apricot if it's a girl for a dash of color, turquoise for a boy!
August 7, 2013 at 6:37pm   
Jacinta O'Brien
Has to be green. It goes with everything, works for baby boys and girls and babyish thrive surrounded by colour as it stimulates brain function. Love it.
August 7, 2013 at 6:46pm   
adelacohut
Yellow for sure! It can go for boy or girl. Color says a lot about our personality so I love yellow cause its soft yet bold. Hope that makes sense lol
August 7, 2013 at 6:49pm   
arlyjane
A soft lilac or lavender would be nice on walls, cloud white for trim with white and metallic gray furniture. Small turquoise and purple accents to finish.
August 7, 2013 at 6:50pm   
Devine Designs
Gray. It is beautifully neutral for a newborn and can easily be personalized with pops of color for a boy or girl as they get older. Lovely and full of possibilities just like a little one.
August 7, 2013 at 6:52pm   
Sandra Bailey
For a neutral, I'd have to say the gray is my pick. Although I personally like green, it's hard to convert a green room to a girl, it seems to lean more toward a boy color.
August 7, 2013 at 6:58pm   
referrara
Green. What I actually did was divide one wall into 4 blocks - green, blue, red, and orange. The rest of the walls were green.
August 7, 2013 at 6:59pm   
dsharrison
Yellow- sunshine!
August 7, 2013 at 7:00pm   
Holly Keeley
Grey is the new neutral. A baby can grow up into their older years with that color. Add pops of color to keep it interesting. Black and white is good for mobiles and art work as babies see contrasts better than colors.
August 7, 2013 at 7:03pm   
Karin Madgwick
I choose white because babies receive so many coloured gifts that they then become the colour scheme for the nursery. Beige is boring green is not fun and I think that nurseries should be happy rooms.
August 7, 2013 at 7:04pm   
aedmccue
Green is fresh and can easily be adapted to a different theme as the child gets older
August 7, 2013 at 7:07pm   
printesa
I like the beige one. It's very calming and it can be accented with any pops of color if one wishes to do that. The yellow one is cute, too,,,just the overall room seems a bit disconnected. The green room is interesting, but seems a bit cold for a little one.
August 7, 2013 at 7:09pm   
Michelle Smith
I love bright colors. They are very stimulating for the baby so yellow would be lovely.
August 7, 2013 at 7:10pm   
woodlawnblue
Like nature, green is the canvas to add color, the "green" nursery will accommodate both genders by incorporating hues of sea blue or tropical fuchsia :)
August 7, 2013 at 7:16pm   
bethrundle
The yellow is so bright and cheerful - just lovely.
August 7, 2013 at 7:20pm   
rsm49
White is beautiful and versatile!
August 7, 2013 at 7:22pm   
suzanne_m
I voted yellow because it is cheerful color. woodlawnblue's comment above is very true. I might go for green too given the choice.
August 7, 2013 at 7:22pm   
violettaf
Love the gray ... so calming and quiet. Gray can be accented with so many colors including various shades of blue, purple or red, even orange. It gives so many cheerful options in a baby's room. Green and yellow nurseries are the more recent replacements for blue and pink respectively. The white is too bland. The beige is OK but still beige. Go GRAY !!
August 7, 2013 at 7:25pm     
Hanne Clarke
Yellow is my favorite because it is a cheery color.
August 7, 2013 at 7:25pm   
N.O.R,LLC
I realize green get so many vote but i m thinking if you remove the crib it can be any room not so many nursery character
August 7, 2013 at 7:57pm   
pkling0130
I loved the green. It gave the room so much more emotion than the other colors did for the rooms. It was beautiful!! When the time is right for us to have kids green is definitely going to be a choice to pick from.
August 7, 2013 at 8:10pm   
dwpea
Yellow is bright, active and fun. As for baby, bright and fun colors are always my choice.
August 7, 2013 at 8:16pm   
emmachowski
Beige!! It provides a nice claiming feel and it works for either gender.
August 7, 2013 at 8:19pm   
Melanie Stewart Interior Design
If you want a soft, neutral,calming color that will look good with nearly every color you can't go wrong with Benjamin Moore 'Everlasting' #1038. It's like the color of golden sand.
August 7, 2013 at 8:24pm   
Noel Saludo
Green of coarse is the best for neutral color and cool to the eyes, too!
August 7, 2013 at 8:32pm   
Joyce Lindberg
Grey is what my daughter did and matched it after baby was born with pink (or could have been blue if she had a boy and it turned out just gorgeous almost looks like this picture. had a boy) and
August 7, 2013 at 8:40pm   
Linda Chang
Yellow makes me think of sunshine, happiness and energy.
August 7, 2013 at 8:50pm   
Leda Schupbach
Love yellow, my favourite colour, plus it's cheery.
August 7, 2013 at 8:53pm   
Lindy Osborne
Green!
August 7, 2013 at 9:00pm   
lisa14895
Love the green!
August 7, 2013 at 9:09pm   
dotsmosaic
Black and white would make a fantastic nursery color scheme. The contrast could be used in areas for stimulating the child, while white could be used in and around the crib for a more restful situation. Very easy to add any other color as the room changes over the years.
August 7, 2013 at 9:15pm   
huned52
I Love Green - Closer to the Nature!!!
August 7, 2013 at 9:31pm   
Danielle Rozon
I vote green because its fun, energizing, and uplifting which can be just what a parent needs with a little one. The babies mood relies mainly on the mood of the parent so the colour of the nursery should be positive for the parent. The "calming / soothing colours" like white and beige might be nice for infancy but seem pretty boring for a toddler and who wants to spend time decorating twice when children are young. Also, shouldn't we be moving past "gender specific" colours as a society by now? I'd like to take a poll that...
August 7, 2013 at 9:36pm   
cschaeffers
Grey. Then add to it once your baby is born. Love all the wall art out there right now!
August 7, 2013 at 9:40pm   
Lorie Alexander
The green,is fresh and new can go either way and you can another color after the child is born.
August 7, 2013 at 9:44pm   
windowstoo
the green is very rich looking and interesting and pleasant to look at. Very nice!
August 7, 2013 at 9:47pm   
flaka78
beige goes with anything. if you decide to change the room to an office or keep it for a toddler just add some color in curtains, furniture, frames or add some decals...your done.
August 7, 2013 at 9:54pm   
ivypix
Being that I'm 6 months pregnant and deciding on a nursery color right now... I chose the Beige. I'm looking for neutrals. While Green can be neutral as with White, the Beige added the warmth that you can play with depending what the sex of a baby is. Yellow is a huge No in my book. Way to powerful for a room that's supposed to be a calm place for a mother and baby.
August 7, 2013 at 9:59pm   
lucianoau
Grey left space to all other accessories colors. its a great choice to a calm and clean space.
August 7, 2013 at 10:02pm   
mtnrangekeilly
I think purple in all it different shades looks fresh and vibrant! See the attached photo!
August 7, 2013 at 10:29pm   
wiblet82
I voted green because I think it is a comforting, nurturing color. However, I really do love pale yellow too. Bright yellow might be over stimulating.
August 7, 2013 at 10:29pm   
Andrea Prasch
Loving these monochromatic/soothing nurseries! I love that we have gotten passed the babyish themes that they grow out of way too fast. The rooms are all beautiful and will easily grow with them into toddler hood and beyond :)
August 7, 2013 at 10:44pm   
ltadlock63
One, I do not like the color pink. It really bothers me when little girls rooms are made into pepto rooms (think may be why so many women are always upset when grown) the loose that pepto look with others in house. I did do blue for my son (now 21) loved it back then, but to do all over, green. It's my favorite color and there are so many shades. I don't know colors, but to me it's a calming color. The others are either to harsh for their brains or to plain with no stimulation. But I'm just a none crafty person who is finally trying to add some zest to my house with colors and bric a brac. Lisa
August 7, 2013 at 10:58pm   
terrytexas
I love the grey because it is a nicely democratic and diplomatic basic background colour; a sensitive baby (or parent) can accent it with gentle soothing colours and a bolshie extroverted baby (or parent) can have can have the accent colours in stimulating exciting colours; sensitive baby and extroverted parent (or vice versa) can use an amazingly interesting mix of colours eg orange/red or pale green/yellow.
August 7, 2013 at 11:07pm   
nonna_mahoo
I love grey in a nursery. It's so easy to add to grey, depending on the baby/child's age. Black & white graphics for newborns,,,and on and on.
August 7, 2013 at 11:08pm   
LUMINHOME OPTOELECTRONIC CO.,LTD
I love Green, can relax the eye, and we are doing the energy-save industry, green is ok, Simon from China.
August 7, 2013 at 11:14pm     
Kelsy Warren
While normally I would say yellow for a neutral baby room, I like the activity of the green the best. It would be harder to change later, but who says that a girls room has to be a girls color? An pink or blue goes well with green.
August 7, 2013 at 11:18pm   
rara67
Aqua and white for me.
August 7, 2013 at 11:36pm   
txaba
I like bright colour for a girl grey its fine , for baby boy I like green
August 7, 2013 at 11:38pm   
susan937
Grey! Both of my kids were unknown! I did yellow but if I did it again I would do grey with pops of color for accents!
August 8, 2013 at 2:16am   
sellaginella
Cute ideas for nurseries - any color would do if it is not overdone I think.
August 8, 2013 at 2:36am   
Alana Mulqueeny
Beige...A room you can grow into. Gorgeous colour.
August 8, 2013 at 2:45am   
Monica Grill
Yellow is such a happy color! Love it!
August 8, 2013 at 3:00am   
noraiz
Yellow is a stimulating and fresh clour...i will choose Yellow
August 8, 2013 at 3:06am   
stools
I feel the yellow, just has good vibes about it
August 8, 2013 at 3:17am   
richer55
Yellow can be for a girl or a boy, twins even, they can go up to toddlers with this design, very fresh
August 8, 2013 at 3:18am   
Tricia Elkinton
Save the money for diapers...:)
August 8, 2013 at 3:21am   
yellowfinch030
The grey room is the one I like the best. Looks like you can go in, sit, rock your baby and relax. Mother or Dad & child just relaxing. Enjoying each other. Perfect!
August 8, 2013 at 3:26am   
Lauren Owens
aren't primary colors (after black and white) some of the first colors that babies are (developmentally) able to see?
August 8, 2013 at 3:30am   
absnova
Not only are gray, tan and white nurseries gender neutral, they're also universal and versatile (grow with your child and match any decor). As an added bonus, if you decide to sell your house, they score bonus points with potential buyers.
August 8, 2013 at 4:00am   
kathytipton54
I LOVE the grey nursery. Not only does the basic palette work for future design, the neutral base gives lots of opportunity for a splash of color to stimulate a new baby.
August 8, 2013 at 4:18am   
aafa
I would say the green. You definitely need color in a kids room to stimulate their senses.
August 8, 2013 at 4:22am     
msmillis
nina
comfy looking men's slippers. I picked white. So many different shades to choose from and light plays off the colour so well.
August 8, 2013 at 4:49am   
vacurcate
... my two boys grew up with lime green.Here we are now...still works.
August 8, 2013 at 4:54am   
Meagan Kale
Since children are stimulated in the early months by black and white, I love a combo of black white and a color that pops. Bright yellow, red are some of my choices
August 8, 2013 at 5:15am   
ladyelke
BROWN! Nearly any shade of brown goes with any other color. I used it for my nursery with beige, some green, peach and rust. It was beautiful. It was gender neutral and to be honest, It made it more pleasant for my husband and I to spend time in the room not having it be an powder pink or powder blue room with a baby block theme. As our child got older, then we redecorated to fit our child's personality.
August 8, 2013 at 5:31am   
annashnir
I picked pea green for my daughter. I prefer more subdued tones, but there is a child development factor. Babies' eyes develop better looking at bright colors, especially the first few months of life when her vision is not yet normalized. So, some bright and friendly color has to go on the walls.
August 8, 2013 at 5:33am   
honeysock
I like the idea of using purple, because it's a bright color and goes really well blended with either pink or blue, as those colors will inevitably make an appearance shortly after the arrival of the baby.
August 8, 2013 at 5:41am   
Caroline Fillion
I picked the green.
I just want to add that no matter what colour you choose, no matter what style you choose, Always, Always, Always make sure you have "Black-out," curtains (or other window treatment). Babies are in complete darkness for 9 months. It is much easier for them to sleep in complete darkness. Plus, it has been proven that their inner-clock will be set to wake-up at daylight. They see the light as "I should be awake now," and start crying for Mom!! (or Dad) Also, if you are putting them down for a nap, the black-out curtains hide the daylight and it may be easier for them to sleep. Every little bit of help a mom/dad gets when putting a baby to bed is always welcome!! Pass it on!!
Caroline
August 8, 2013 at 5:57am     
Maryse LHeureux
I love the pastel color, it help to get calm and relax.
August 8, 2013 at 5:57am   
jdd3612
I like the green wallpaper, but other colors could be paired with it in the same hue saturation such as pink, blue, or orange. I would find a fabric with the desired colors and go from there.
August 8, 2013 at 5:59am   
ashsmom
A silvery white....or a silver & white accent wall like this picture from a Google search
August 8, 2013 at 6:12am     
mrssank
Grey is so soothing. Gets my vote.
August 8, 2013 at 6:16am   
shgale
Yellow - years ago when I was in the nursery stage the psychology was that primary colors stimulate babies to look around. What is best for the baby is what I would do.
August 8, 2013 at 6:25am   
goldengriffin8
Yellow- this scheme can be so bright and uplifting. It's also versatile and can be utilised in a range of different room styles.
August 8, 2013 at 6:31am   
curryspace
The whimsey accent wall in color makes the room. I think you have more flexibility with colors other than the standard pink and blue, or a whole room yellow. I vote for the yellow but a lighter richer shade.
August 8, 2013 at 6:36am   
ediazwa
I never thought of gray until now. It is calming and a great pallet to add to once the baby is born. After seeing the pics, my daughter (now nine) wants gray for her room.
August 8, 2013 at 6:50am   
Cynthia Celenza
They say babies respond to primary colors. The yellow accent wall gives the room a warm feeling.
August 8, 2013 at 7:09am   
Home Garden VT Ltd
The green is very fresh. This color is calming and wears the baby room in such beautiful dress.
August 8, 2013 at 7:42am   
traliesaam
Nonna
Philadelphia, Pa
I beleive that white is neutral and after the child is born you may then you may add color to represent their personalities to the room.You may bring accent pieces to introduce certain colors to the atmosphere, whether
it is a bright colored toy or a soft colored pillow and a smart color lamp and a nite lite that resembles the babies likings as a Infant, and then as they get older it is easier to adapt to the years of the childs life from Infant to Toddler then School Years, Pre-Teen, and the finally Adult years of their life.
August 8, 2013 at 7:45am   
akassens
Beige is the color most of my customers go to when looking for neutral. I work with tile, so usually I deal with kitchens and bathrooms.
August 8, 2013 at 7:46am   
fannyvid
white is pure, simple and calming charming
August 8, 2013 at 8:05am   
Lamp & Shade Works
My Vote is for Green! It is a great natural calming color and can be dressed up in any style.
August 8, 2013 at 9:35am   
erinknack08
I voted for the green. Love it!
August 8, 2013 at 9:44am   
acucubush
I agree with the idea of a bright room for kids. My favorite : blue from the sky and yellow from the sun-as accent and wall colors and white for furniture. My vote: yellow and blue!
August 8, 2013 at 9:45am   
Anne Dunnion
Green is such a versatile and friendly colour.allsorts of little animals can be added to it! A very soft garden jungle feel, so calming.
August 8, 2013 at 9:50am   
hopskipjumptoo
Gray for a nursery for its calm & stable. For a toddler preschooler room I'd vote the good morning sunshine yellow! Gray & yellow look fabulous together for boy or girl!!
August 8, 2013 at 11:12am   
lcraddock
I liked them all, but loved the beige! The elephants on the wall, the rug and even the dog in the same shade, how clever! You can accessorize with any other color you want when the little one comes. And this room could "grow" into a bigger child's room, as well. Good job!
August 8, 2013 at 11:44am   
Cindy Young-Johnson
Green is my favorite color, but when I saw the yellow, I liked the bright, cheerful look it had. I would like it with gray definitely, rather than white.
August 8, 2013 at 12:10pm   
sassafrassperi
Green!
August 8, 2013 at 12:41pm   
Miller's Paint & Wallpaper
I found a border with Gold, green,& and Rust that would work for a girl or boy. From there I thought it would look nice to put the rust onto a focal wall and use the green and gold as focal colors. The other walls I would paint a light beige or cream. These colors would work with both stained or white furniture.
August 8, 2013 at 12:56pm   
travelkate12
Love the beige room! Can't make up my mind if I love the dog or the elephants more!!!
August 8, 2013 at 1:07pm   
rwboy
Love, love the grey
August 8, 2013 at 1:29pm   
Linda Burton
Green is good for all children
August 8, 2013 at 1:35pm   
nancy22032
I like the bright, cheery look of the yellow - but I would prefer a little softer shade. Yellow being gender neutral, if there is another child born, the room will still be appropriately decorated.
August 8, 2013 at 1:36pm     
Joceny Benjamin
I love green! Frogs could be used for both genders.
August 8, 2013 at 1:42pm   
moonbeams52
Green with a wonderful plaid check wallpaper in white with green on the window wall. That's what I did when I was expecting my son (gender unknown till birth); despite the negative comments made by many before the "taadaa moment". It looked bright, cheerful and was non-infantile enough to last him till he was 4 and could make a decision for, little boy coolness colour and theme design himself. He went with blue and red racing cars.
August 8, 2013 at 2:43pm   
elrun
As green is my favorite color, it gets my vote! If it's a girl, lavender would be a lovely accent. Brown and white if it's a boy.
August 8, 2013 at 2:55pm   
Elaine Clerc
The grey room is so sophistated, soft, and soothing. It can be accented later on by any color, to reflect either a boy's or girl's room.
August 8, 2013 at 4:43pm   
symiji
Yellow is bright and cheerful and can go either way with accents
August 8, 2013 at 5:09pm   
Dori Baesler
Grey is a calming nuetral color that can be paired with any other color! blues or pinks...!
August 8, 2013 at 5:21pm   
interiorgirl
Love the Green animal print wallpaper and multi-colored striped rug! It's nice "not" to see another traditional pastel babies room. The good thing about this design is that it can grow with the child from baby- toddler- preschooler- and all the way through elementary school, with just minor changes, including the bedding size. It's also gender neutral Nice Design!
August 8, 2013 at 6:03pm     
sarahc211
I like the grey. It allows you to add bright blues or pinks or other colors easily once your baby is born and you know the gender.
August 8, 2013 at 6:44pm   
Interiors International, Inc.
I love the versatility of grey
August 8, 2013 at 6:46pm   
Joe
Gray is a nice soothing color and you can accent with brighter colors.
August 8, 2013 at 6:51pm   
honeyfly
I would go beige or brown...use accent colors that you can add later. Please don't stress over it as you'll likely change it after a couple of years - that will pass far quicker than imaginable! As soon as my children's personality began to show, I felt way more confident and satisfied with the room we decorated...though I remember feeling horrible that we didn't decorate prior to baby's arrival!!
August 8, 2013 at 7:08pm   
pholkerts
The yellow is just such a happy color. Love it!
August 8, 2013 at 7:12pm   
makatobey
Light grey is a nice soft color for either boy and girl and you can put in accents of traditional gender colors later.
August 8, 2013 at 7:17pm   
thompc
I like green for it's tie in with the natural world and soothing properties.
August 8, 2013 at 7:50pm   
katrg
I have always been a fan of green, so "naturally" chose that room, liked the yellow the next best.
August 8, 2013 at 8:08pm     
gaflei
Green makes for a lovely setting. Choose carefully: your choice could influence your child's aesthetic taste. My all-time favorite color combination is lots of greens with pops of orange. As a teen, I saw a wallpaper I had to have for my room that was like an orange grove....Never really knew why I liked that combination, until, many years later, I came across a piece of wallpaper that I recognized as being from my bedroom when I was a little child. It was wavy greens and oranges!
August 8, 2013 at 8:37pm     
noraoncody
Beige, with accents of cream, white, and brown, creates a sepia image of a timeless, archetypal "angel baby."

Say, who is behind this? Is there an expectant editor having trouble deciding?
August 8, 2013 at 9:22pm     
Margaret Phillips
I love the grey and you can add any color later on for additional punch
August 8, 2013 at 10:27pm     
chimeline
The beige is a very gender neutral color
August 9, 2013 at 1:29am     
Criss
I would have voted for green too, but not that green in particular, so I voted for "Other". I think a fresh and yet not eccentric lime-ish green would be perfect for the nursery. :) Smth like this (except for a nursery and not a kitchen - so with more children stuff in it).
August 9, 2013 at 2:03am     
414ready
Purple blue because its unique and can be used with blue or purple
August 9, 2013 at 4:06am   
sfstratton
How about turquoise? Paired with bright white woodwork and accents of yellow, this would be a cheerful nursery for any baby, no matter the gender.
August 9, 2013 at 4:32am     
sb1416
The accent color of yellow is like waking up to sunshine in the morning.
August 9, 2013 at 6:10am     
jwc60
How about a pale lilac?
August 9, 2013 at 6:53am     
annejamison
Green of course! It's our favorite color and goes with just about any color as well as other greens! Calm, soothing, and happy -
August 9, 2013 at 7:57am     
Absolute Stone Design
I voted for green. Its so fresh and calming
August 9, 2013 at 8:26am     
wwwjr911
Chocolate brown would be my choice with all white furnishings. Both baby pink and baby blue can be incorporated easily for a warm soothing feel.
August 9, 2013 at 9:11am     
Araceli Canty
All the designs are beautifully contrasted with a color that looks ideal. I voted yellow because the baby will sleep most of the time, when awake, the baby can enjoy the visual stimulation of that color.
August 9, 2013 at 9:36am     
mchembree
A fresh clean green is cheerful, lively, and calm, all at the same time. Looks good all by itself for girls or boys, and plays very well with other colors too. I love green with a medium, clear pink and a jacaranda lavender/purple for girls. For boys, add some blue and you're good to go.
August 9, 2013 at 9:59am     
jazzinstructor
Soft yellow was the color I used in all three of our children's nurseries. One of my favorite colors. So happy and cheerful.
August 9, 2013 at 10:28am   
wendylbrown
Love the gray as it is a clean look and can be paired with just about any other color once baby is born. Also grows with the child.
August 9, 2013 at 11:15am     
decoratinglady5
Gray or the beige..
August 9, 2013 at 11:26am   
bjma
The rooms are all beautiful. But to me, I would want color! Bright colors that would encourage a child's imagination. Start with the basic colors in a box of crayons.
August 9, 2013 at 11:51am     
decoratinglady5
Light gray walls.yellow drapes ,and accents.
August 9, 2013 at 12:05pm   
Sherry LaSota
We are going with a little darker than the beige with white accents for my GREATgrandbabies nursery. Can't wait!!
August 9, 2013 at 1:37pm   
potterygod
as an artist and not an interior designer I choose white for so many reasons. You can bring any splash of color through accessories . Shelves curtains bedding wall art wall vinyl. White looks fresh and makes colors pop. When the child gets old enough to care...how easy is white to paint over?
August 9, 2013 at 2:03pm   
efrasier
I like the yellow. I remember when my kids were tiny and in a nursery and FWIW, you end up spending most of your time in there reeealllly laaaaate at night. I imagine how warm that yellow will look when lit by a low nightlight, and how cheery it'll be in the morning when you're in there all bleary-eyed. That's a really great color. Love the green too, but that does feel really dark in the middle of the night.
August 9, 2013 at 3:05pm   
Samantha L
I voted yellow, but the gray is also very nice. I love a bright sunny yellow as the main color! Gray and white would be flattering complementary colors in that room.
August 9, 2013 at 3:20pm   
dhiswa28
I would do a combination of green and light yellow walls and choose the decor in both colors.
August 9, 2013 at 3:29pm   
Paige Tomkinson
I would pick a soft yellow. The one shown is terribly glaring, and would give me a headache! The grey and beige just make me sad. A baby is a happy life event, and he or she should live in a happy color!
August 9, 2013 at 3:36pm   
ladybird111
I like green because it's refreshing and soothing. I LOVE the wallpaper in the room because it adds so much interest.
August 9, 2013 at 4:01pm   
cathie1901
The color green has so many hues, and could create a forest theme that could later add fantasy, like faeries for a girl, or peter pan or woodsman for a boy. So cute.
August 9, 2013 at 4:01pm     
jasjan
I like the white since it looks clean and bright and is extremely versatile.
August 9, 2013 at 4:34pm   
lemieux10
i love the idea of having a gender nuetral green baby room! Before I even finished reading the poll i was already thinking green=) The color green reminds me of nature, freshness, and fun! what perfect color for a new baby!
August 9, 2013 at 8:03pm   
hub78
Yellow is neutal if you can find the right, not too bright, shade.
August 9, 2013 at 8:09pm   
tyggerzmom
I've always liked green. And it can be for either a girl or a boy. Gone are the days are boring colors. Isn't that wonderful?
August 9, 2013 at 10:33pm   
Shandrika's Decorating and Design
I like the grey color you can easily add accessories that will fit the babies sex upon its arrival. Then the color can stay the same maybe for the next one?
August 9, 2013 at 10:43pm   
bodesgirl
Gotta go with Grey. It leave sooo many options for layering in color and personality, either boy or girl. I like baby rooms that can transition with a child and can be adapted to their own personality and interests, whomever they turn out to be, or as they grow through the years. The green is great, very fun, but it has a very strong perspective.
August 9, 2013 at 11:32pm     
Tina Thomas
Got To Go With Green It Is A Neutral Color For Either Boy Or Girl, I My Self Loves Lighter Shade Of Green You Can Put Anything In The Room To Match For Boy Or Girl !
August 9, 2013 at 11:53pm   
Julia Holland
Grey!!! You can always add accent colors later to make them pop. I love grey and yellow together!!!
August 10, 2013 at 5:22am     
sosuzz
You can say what you will about "boring, predictable" white, but it is the best basic background color for a nursery. So easy to add any accent color or mix of colors. And it's so bright!
August 10, 2013 at 5:55am   
clopp2008
We did a gray base with bright orange accents for our little man.
August 10, 2013 at 6:11am   
MyLight Design
that's very cool!!
August 10, 2013 at 7:20am   
TAPIS ESSGO CARPETS
I think the green room is lively colourful nice rug and seems cheerful and cozy at the same time.
August 10, 2013 at 7:34am   
Leslie MacKenzie
That particular yellow is too energizing for a sleeping area. White and gray? Does not stimulate infant. For toddler, parents would be spending their time cleaning; child may be inhibited from being active. From an energetic viewpoint, greens can be soothing or energizing.
August 10, 2013 at 8:35am   
katheros99
I like beige. Then again one of the first idea books I read on houzz was about people who decorate around their dog. Chloe is the coloring of a yellow lab. So I'm all about not seeing her hair all the time. Vacuuming constantly would not be on my todo list as a new sleep deprived mom.
August 10, 2013 at 8:40am   
mireilles
I like the yellow, it's gender neutral but brings a special touch to the room.
August 10, 2013 at 8:43am   
imk1
IMK Color Consulting:
I don't understand grey for an infant. If it's a warm tone, like Benjamin Moore's Hot Spring Stones, great. It's not beige but it's not grey and it's very versatile. I like the idea of a white palette with soft accessories that can be changed out for brights as the baby becomes more aware of his/her environment and needs visual stimulation.
August 10, 2013 at 8:45am   
rachelaw619
green just seems like a natural balance. Great for learning bright and bold doesn't seem calming for a child room.
August 10, 2013 at 10:14am   
2922
I love the yellow one, it is so bright! And it's perfectly gender neutral, while some of the others are not. And I don't like that patterned wall in the green one. It's too dark. But the yellow one is bright and cheerful, just like a nursery should be.
August 10, 2013 at 1:48pm   
emuller39
I like the calm feeling that the gray nursery gives. Great for sleeping. Using other objects adds interest to the room.
August 10, 2013 at 5:06pm     
Masterworks Window Fashions & Design
I voted for yellow, but agree with those who would use a much softer yellow. One of my favorites is Benjamin Moore's banan-appeal, but there are also soft corn yellows, if you don't like the lemony yellows. Yellow lifts our spirits, if it's not so strong that it sears our retinas... And that's a great antidote for post partum blues. Plus yellow goes with so many colors - from gray, to green, to spa blues, which are out there in accessories and bedding today.
August 10, 2013 at 8:13pm   
unclealy
I adore the green nursery- you could always add blues or more masculine colors or pinks to make it feminine ...I agree w the person who commented that babies like the contrast too- a bonus!
August 10, 2013 at 8:22pm   
Sandra O'Connor
Warm and calming
August 10, 2013 at 9:01pm   
Essentia Interior Design
I always love white for a nursery this way you can add the colours you like in the soft furnishings. another calming colour is a soft lemon which is also genter neutral. You can buy many shades of white maybe a white with a lemon tint.
August 10, 2013 at 9:30pm   
whoopig00
Light blue can be very feminine...or masculine!
August 10, 2013 at 9:44pm   
Essentia Interior Design
I love white walls it is so classic and clean looking, you can then add any colours you wish, in the furnishings and toys etc.
August 10, 2013 at 10:11pm   
ChucknSue Johnson
Gray of course,in a soft warm shade. It's a totally soothing color which is just what the parents ordered. It works as well as white for a neutral. soft,soft soft!
August 10, 2013 at 10:53pm     
betty_deluxe
Yellow! Bright beautiful happy and gender neutral
August 10, 2013 at 11:16pm   
Jen
The green looks fun & inviting - can be matched up with the primary colors down the road, or used as a more neutral color with earth tones...
August 11, 2013 at 3:58am   
afarmersgirl
Def GREEN ~ its soothing yet charming & most all shades match well with the others.
August 11, 2013 at 6:03am   
viviancrump
It is calm and leaves room to design as one decides...changing as taste changes.
August 11, 2013 at 8:36am   
imaginedesigns
Green is said to have a calming effect and is also thought to relieve stress. This is a perfect combination for newborns and growing children, who might be a little fussy.
August 11, 2013 at 8:49am   
Crystal Outzen
Gray is so peaceful & calming for mom & newborn
August 11, 2013 at 8:52am   
gabbygirl
Beige- It seems so calm and peaceful
August 11, 2013 at 9:20am   
marjorae
Go green!! ;-)
August 11, 2013 at 11:36am   
satchmo222
Green, white, or gray... but gray wins.
August 11, 2013 at 12:12pm   
emuller39
I like the grey, it is very calming.
August 11, 2013 at 1:00pm   
86redvette
TWO TONES ARE CURRENT OR SHADING HORIZONTALLY FROM EITHER DARK TO LIGHT OR VICE VERSA. CAFE AULAIT TO CREAM OR GRAY TO PLATINUM. THE BLENDS ARE RELAXING AND SOOTHING.
August 11, 2013 at 1:06pm   
dottybex
I think pastel blueberry and cream ..you can add hints of boys or girls themes with soft toys etc. There would be plenty of time to redecorate when they get older with a more gender specific colour palette.
August 11, 2013 at 1:10pm   
kepresnell
Green gives a great base of color, but you can still bring in other colors to accent. Plus, it seems appropriate as a color to represent new life.
August 11, 2013 at 8:19pm     
Andrea Johnson
Green-it's earthy but has a splash to it. Reminds me of days when I was a kid rolling in the soft green grass and climbing trees!
August 11, 2013 at 8:33pm     
aswelo
I chose green because green gives in that natural green vegetation colours, then the child learns to like the environment.
August 12, 2013 at 2:49am     
BD PDL
I choose green because i like green color the most
August 12, 2013 at 3:08am   
Lynn Link
I chose yellow. Yellow is cheerful. Color of the sun.
August 12, 2013 at 10:14am   
bakinbitz
Rich dark grey and white-
August 12, 2013 at 10:19am   
lilgrace
Green is more of a soothing color, and, we all know when we put baby to bed, we need all the soothing help we can get.
August 12, 2013 at 5:06pm   
luv2golf
Beige is warm and cozy!
August 12, 2013 at 5:52pm   
Sandra Santiago
I'm into white lately, but why not trying something more radical - who can say that baby likes something what we usually pick for them?! Maybe some bright colors would give them more of "welcome feeling"; I would like to see all the colors of the rainbow - walls to go from one color to next, vertical stripes and no painted animals on the walls - they often look like scary creatures; give our babies life nourishing colors of their "not yet totally developed" chakras. As most of us know by now, colors have healing and effect
August 12, 2013 at 6:10pm   
Bec Maslin
I love the grey it's a beautiful colour then you could give it a theme eg jungle animals to give it some colour and is well suited for both boy and girl :)
August 12, 2013 at 6:40pm   
Phoebe Siter
I like a soft grey-blue (like a cloudy day color) because you can add any bright color accent and its still a calming background.
August 12, 2013 at 6:55pm   
Patrick Peyton
I like either green or grey.
August 13, 2013 at 3:28am   
mgreen1
A soft Yellow is a universal backdrop for any baby's room. It is bright and cheery and goes with so many other colors to work with depending on boy or girl.
August 13, 2013 at 5:20am     
tdepetro
A pale green with removable decals. That way the theme can change with the child's preference.
August 13, 2013 at 8:37am     
ilovemickey
I think yellow because it's a bright and cheery color.
August 13, 2013 at 8:57am   
jarbatz
I chose beige but would also go with grey. As a mom of 2, you want the room to be soft, calming and soothing. I like the green and yellow, but for a nursery they are a bit jarring and would be too stimulating, IMHO. Unless you don't care about getting sleep...then by all means go for the bright colors! :)
August 13, 2013 at 9:07am   
mollying
I did my nursery brown with vinyl polka dots. I did yellow, green and pink! I love it!
August 13, 2013 at 9:43am   
noradooley
I chose green because of the choices here, it has the most contrast and I think that is what babies can actually see first.
August 13, 2013 at 5:13pm   
greenlove1
avocado or tangerine
August 13, 2013 at 10:30pm   
Rachael Blum
I am loving the grey trend in nurseries right now! You can make it feel cozy and calming while still being modern.
August 13, 2013 at 11:23pm   
Tina Thomas
I Am Still Going With The Green , It Can Be Left That Color After The Start Growing Up ,My Other Grand Daughter's Room Is Just About the Same Color Of Green ,I Am Sticking To Green My Mind Has Been Made Up !
August 13, 2013 at 11:52pm   
congrae
My daughter chose a spearmint cot for her baby's room.
August 14, 2013 at 11:39pm   
Kim Callaghan Brandon
16 years ago, I painted my nursery mint green, I don't think I would now however. The colours on the pool are so boring. What about colour therapy. I would want to spark a creative, learning environment for my baby not lull them into bordom. Don't like any of the pictures attached to this poll. Come on Houzzers surely you can do better then that.
August 19, 2013 at 5:33am   
Jeannie Nguyen
CONGRATULATIONS to Cindy Ridgway for winning this poll contest! :) If you want another try at it, you still have a little bit of time left on our Clutter poll. Click here: http://www.houzz.com/discussions/604399/Comment-for-a-chance-to-win----POLL--Your
August 20, 2013 at 10:55am   
zx10grrrl
Griege ... I know it was all the rage a few years ago but I found it was a shade that hubs and I always agreed on, so I vote for griege.
August 21, 2013 at 5:45pm   
rjaunes
Love the beige. You can do so much to personalize it later
August 21, 2013 at 6:41pm   
Leanne McLeod
I love the grey. It is soft yet as the baby grows any pop of colour in a pillow, bed covering, toy, mobile or wall decor will change it up. Also it is very soothing for both parent and child. The grey is a great neutral that is classic and makes this room a retreat. AS the boy grows and possibly becomes interested in Disney characters, Star Wars or comic book super heros, all of his toys and themed items will still FIT and only enhance the personality and character of the child.
August 23, 2013 at 8:55pm   
crooked6p
a soft lavender tone. it's a calming color, promotes mental energy, actually does remedy dyslexia.
September 24, 2013 at 6:52pm   
chungv
I just did gray! Girl.
September 27, 2013 at 4:48am   
barbrobb
The green is so fresh and fun! I like it and I'm not a green person!
October 18, 2013 at 4:22pm   
Pure Home
Gray is cool, calming, and contemporary for the hippest of babies!
October 18, 2013 at 4:33pm   
White…clean and versatile. Remember, baby is in the crib looking up at the ceiling. A great chandelier that casts shadows, and mirrors, would be my recommendation.

No mobile…that only works for the adult looking at it, but not for baby who only gets to see the underside.

October 18, 2013 at 4:41pm   
the essentials inside
Grey works for both genders
essentialsinside.com
January 19, 2014 at 2:41pm   
Shakúff
Grey is great, but a pop of a lighter (not super bright) yellow is lovely with the grey, or a green. But grey is great to start with.
January 22, 2014 at 1:33pm   
Cocoweb
Perfect!
May 6, 2014 at 10:16am   
where to end backsplash?
Stove and window are on the same wall. I have 9" on...
Help with My Tudor Exterior
Attached is a picture of our recently purchased 1980's...
Bad staircase design...please help!
We are not around to monitor our new build, and ended...
Need help with open floor plan layout
I'm struggling with decorating a living room that abutts...
What's your dream kitchen style?
Minimalist, farmhouse, traditional, rustic... Which...