Shower Threshold problem
Susan Paradise_Burke
My contractor is telling me the walk in shower threshold should be made out of stone (marble, etc.) I thought the tile used on the shower floor is what is wrapped on the threshold but he said no...it has to be a continuous piece. Any thoughts?
greenpetal22
my contractor did the same & it probably makes sense in that you don't have grout lines with water sitting on them. I used the same quartz as the counter, the entry threshold & the top of the shower bench -& it looks great.
August 6, 2013 at 5:04PM      Thanked by Susan Paradise_Burke
Fred S
He is not wrong that it would be better. You have not given enough information to make an adequate reply. If the shower is small, and spray will hit the door, then a smooth threshold will seal better. If your tile is large and needs to be cut for the threshold, then it will look tacky. There are plenty of tilled thresholds out there, but maybe there is another reason your builder is seeing that isn't evident. Ask him or the tile person to explain their reasoning better, then we can comment on that.
August 6, 2013 at 5:08PM   
Lynda
We are having 2 walk in showers completed this week and both will have tile thresholds. The installer used "Kerdi" to waterproof the shower and threshold first. He then used bull nose and cut tile to create the threshold. He hasn't completed the job yet, but I really like what he's done so far.
August 6, 2013 at 5:58PM      Thanked by Susan Paradise_Burke
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
Need help making my ceilings appear higher
I live in a house where the ceiling height is 3 inches...
Living room dilemmas! I need suggestions
I've been struggling since I moved into our condo with...
Flooring Transition in Open Floor Plan
We are in the early stages of remodeling part of a...
Would love ideas!!
We are in the process of buying this house. It is our...