cathyredd
October 29, 2011
Is that a dishwasher I see behind the drawers? Can I ask how usable the knob was for opening the dishwasher or fridge? Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
motherbear
This looks like a storage drawer to me.
    Bookmark   October 29, 2011 at 7:03AM
cathyredd
Motherbear - behind the open drawers, is one with what looks like a control panel on it - I think it might be a drawer dishwasher?

Really what I'm trying to find out is if knobs like this are usable on dishwashers/built in appliances, or if they're awkward for something like that which requires a strong pull.
    Bookmark   October 29, 2011 at 8:12AM
PRO
Woodale Designs Ireland
Hi Cathy, It's a Fisher Paykel dish drawer. It is very easy open with these handles. While I designed this kitchen I also run the manufacture and installation of all our kitchens so I actually got to try out this dishwasher:)
I don't see any problem putting a knob on appliance doors, we,ve been doing it for years without a complaint from anyone. Keith.
    Bookmark   October 29, 2011 at 9:12AM
cathyredd
Thanks Keith! Have you done the same thing with a fridge before? I notice you put in a freestanding fridge in this kitchen - we're torn between having a neat integrated fridge, or a freestanding one with sturdier steel handles on.
    Bookmark   October 29, 2011 at 9:37AM
PRO
Woodale Designs Ireland
Hi Cathy, yes we have used similar handles on fridge doors before. Both fridge types look good in my opinion. I really like the large Fisher Paykel fridges but I'm not sure if you can get them in the States. Some of the American style fridge freezers do have a strong seal on the doors so I get where you're coming from but I think it is safe to use a knob on your integrated fridge doors if you choose to.
    Bookmark   November 1, 2011 at 3:51PM
cathyredd
Thanks again! We've decided we want integrated - but much as I love the knobs I'm just not sure they'll work on the appliances, so now we're thinking bar handles on the fridge & probably dish washer to match the ovens. I'm really hoping the mix and match look will be ok!
    Bookmark   November 4, 2011 at 2:44PM
cathieg
cathyredd, I had to make a similar choice to make and looked at many photos on houzz to find kitchens using mixed handle/knob use. We decided to use handles on drawers and knobs on doors. Funnily enough, we have used the same knobs as shown on these drawers here. We are very happy with the look. Good luck.
    Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 4:02AM