"What is a Kitchen Remodeling Contractor"
OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.August 7, 2013
In order to define the term remodeling contractor, we must begin by defining the term contractor in the broad sense. A contractor is a company that is licensed to perform construction activities. This includes specialty licenses -- such as a plumbing contractor or electrical contractor -- or general broad construction licenses. With getting to specific types, many require specific training and state licenses given after testing and meeting requirements while some even require specific types of insurance. A remodeling contractor, though called by a specific title, is nothing more than a general contractor who specializes in remodeling work. And to break that down even further, a kitchen remodeling contractor is, of course, a contractor that specializes in kitchen remodeling.
You may ask why would a contractor limit themselves to that one area of the home? The answer is easy. It's because there are so many different facets of kitchen design and kitchen remodeling that you truly need to dedicate yourself to it. Consider this, when you are ready to hire your kitchen remodelers to start your project, there are many different aspects you need to consider while keeping the overall design scheme constant. Whether you are interested in complete kitchen remodeling, a quick kitchen makeover, or just a kitchen refinishing project, here are some aspects of kitchen remodeling you should think about, aspects that an expert kitchen remodeler is already familiar with. A kitchen remodeler realizes there is a lot that goes into kitchen remodeling and it can be overwhelming for any homeowner, but they exist to will help you by guiding you through the entire process. As you read through the list, understand the depth of knowledge that a remodeler must have to deem themselves a kitchen remodeler.
Kitchen Cabinets: Our kitchen remodelers install custom wood cabinets that come in a variety of styles including raised panel, recessed panel, arched, and contemporary styles for any kitchen design scheme you have in mind such as elegant, casual, rustic, eclectic, modern, or just for entertaining. Our wood species include Maple, Cherry, Alder, Beech, Hickory, Red Oak, Rustic Maple, Rustic Alder, Rustic Hickory, Rustic Pine, VG Fir, Bamboo, and Rift White Oak. Any of these styles or wood types can be used for complete remodeling or for cabinet re-facing.
Kitchen Counter Tops: Types include granite, quartz, engineered stone, solid surface, ceramic, laminate, wood or butcher block, stainless steel, soapstone, marble, and concrete kitchen countertops. Kitchen countertops are the great final showpiece to a beautiful kitchen remodeling job. Ask your remodeling contractor for samples.
•Decorative Kitchen Hardware: The right kitchen hardware is the finishing touch to any kitchen remodel. Decorative hardware includes drawer knobs, drawer pulls, hooks, and wall plates. These elements come in many different finishes including popular distressed silver, pewter, bronze, and brass. A
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
SawHorse Design + Build
I am not sure if you are still looking for an answer to your question since it looks like you already have a detailed explanation.

As a contractor that specializes in one part of the house, you still need to able to understand how it integrates into the rest of the house. Many people that specialize in kitchens (that are not licensed contractors) may now know about new codes that affect ventilation etc.

Ultimately, the consumer has their own set of values and when they are looking for someone to work on their house, whatever skill set you are offering may or may not be what they are looking for. The best that we can do is educate them and hope that they see value in what we offer. This has worked for over 30 years for us so we will keep doing it.
    Bookmark   August 7, 2013 at 10:40AM