Need curtain & place setting help!
amickaa
My dining room is neutral except for the end chairs (see pic). I can't decide on drapes, I love the 2 tone vertical stripe ones but not sure if they would look good in here. Also lost on place settings. Any ideas?
colors on end chairs are rust red, dark yellow & slate blue
Barnhart Gallery
August 9, 2013 at 2:09pm        Thanked by amickaa
A stripe with all colors from chairs would work, on Windows. Go slate blue silk palace mats. Add cream silk looking napkins with napkin rings in the gold with blue jewels. Pier one will have everything you need. Dishes tan. With Slate blue salad plates. Wine glasses in same blue.
August 9, 2013 at 4:07pm        Thanked by amickaa
chemayne
I think something with horizontal stripes will be more pleasing to the eye. Example

And then shop for matching tableware.
August 9, 2013 at 4:14pm     
soccermom6026
Try Country Curtains and don't be misled by the name! : )
August 9, 2013 at 8:47pm   
Horizontal or vertical stripes will work. Both nice.
August 9, 2013 at 8:49pm     
nburkle
I slipcovered my dining room Parson's chairs in fabric with a design very similar to yours. I added vertical striped drapery panels and love the combination!
August 10, 2013 at 6:19pm        Thanked by amickaa
Exciting Windows! by Stacey Hudson
You have a transitional style dining room....that means darker woods slightly leaning to contemporary but bold traditional prints as seen on the chairs. I like the horizontal stripes too but you will have a tough time finding them unless you have them made custom and if you can afford custom, 3 stripes are plenty. I would suggest you go bold in color with a vertical stripe. The fabric on your chair is popular and Hobby Lobby, Hancock fabrics and Joann fabrics have stripes that match that fabric beautifully. Also, make sure you use a dark rod to bring the dark accent high in the room...this will draw the eye up! You should extend your rod 6' to 12" beyond each side of the window which will make your window look wider and your room will look bigger. As a general rule, I measure from the half way point between the top of the window and the ceiling all the way to the floor for the finished length. That allows you to buy 2" wood rods and leave room for the brackets which can be quite large, depending on where you buy them. Also, you'll want 2 widths of fabric on each side to balance out the large window...going skimpy will look cheap.
August 10, 2013 at 6:58pm        Thanked by amickaa
I love the black and the beige. How about that combo in the drapes with a black rod?

August 10, 2013 at 7:58pm   
3sons1
I love your choice of fabric!!! I sew and am currently making drapes for several rooms in my new house. Warehousefabric.com has beautiful fabrics and are very well priced.
August 10, 2013 at 8:32pm     
Gailani Designs Inc,
I could see vertical stripes of the same colors of your chair would work, not necessarily all the colors, but maybe 3 or 4. Good luck!
August 11, 2013 at 8:12am     
Maguire
Stripes would look great
Stick with white dishware, food looks great on it and you'll be able to use it though the years if you buy quality and change your tablescapes as your tastes change. New cloths, centerpieces, chargers, even adding lunch plates, glassware in pattern and color.

Off the subject, but your chandy, it's looking a little off. Maybe someone here knows why? I don't know if it's too small, or the color? I think maybe the style isn't fitting with the room, maybe someone has a DIY for wrapping a shade around the whole thing.

The blank wall, do you have a plan? This morning a post on Houzz had a wall of a large map framed with inexpensive Target frames, until you find art you'd like to invest in:

August 11, 2013 at 9:10am     
Keitha
Barnhart.... Or anyone! Have you purchased from Halfpricedrapes.com before? I was wondering about the workmanship and quality???
August 11, 2013 at 4:15pm   
Gailani Designs Inc,
I have not! I wonder what half price means, discounted?
August 11, 2013 at 4:19pm   
My daughter has. And she liked them.
August 11, 2013 at 4:20pm   
bfreeperson
Barbara

Hi------I'd like to see a picture of the fixture if possible.
August 11, 2013 at 10:51pm   
Sustainable Dwellings
I favor Barnhart Gallery's collage... nice.
August 12, 2013 at 5:05am   
bfreeperson
Barbara
Chaney...meaning chandelier (sp.
??)
August 12, 2013 at 5:20am   
bfreeperson
I mean chandy

Barbara
August 12, 2013 at 5:45am   
Krumpers Solar Blinds
Take a look at Krumpers Solar Blinds, they are décor neutral, allowing the view to be the focal point while the 2 sided design (you simply turn the blinds around for summer / winter application) allow year round climate control. Award Winning Krumpers Blinds will reduce heating and cooling costs by up to 41%. www.krumpers.ca
August 12, 2013 at 6:13am   
Gailani Designs Inc,
What is the color of your wall? Also what is the background color of your chair upholstery fabric?
August 12, 2013 at 6:45am   
Krumpers Solar Blinds
The couch is beige - brown and the walls are sand
August 12, 2013 at 6:48am   
Do you sell to US? Do you make a similar or fixed angular solution for those triangular windows above in this photo?
August 12, 2013 at 6:52am   
Krumpers Solar Blinds
Yes we do.
August 12, 2013 at 6:53am   
amickaa
Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate the input and am so glad that the vertical stripe curtains will work b/c I am so drawn to them. I just realized that the pics I posted don't show the new mirror I have in there now so I attached an updated pic. And yes I hate that chandelier, all our finishes are that brushed nickel which I just don't care for but I'm open to suggestions on the light fixture too!
August 12, 2013 at 9:47am   
Hate to bring it up, maybe someone did already,but rug is too small go 8 x10. In color try the teal from chairs. I make mirror a bigger 42 or 45" sunburst then put scones on another wall.
August 12, 2013 at 10:48am   
lcanlapan
Stripped curtains would look great as long as they contained the same colors that are in the chairs, or at least two of the primary colors. travisinteriors makes some good suggestions...btw, they are sconces, not scones, you EAT scones!!! lol
August 12, 2013 at 11:00am     
Exciting Windows! by Stacey Hudson
I wouldn't worry about the mirror just yet. Get the curtains up and then revisit it if necessary. The curtains will cozy up the space and it won't look so small. The rug is too small. You want all 4 chair feet on the rug when sitting at the table. You could just remove the rug since your furniture and floor are different colors. I think the curtains need to be the first thing done because you will be surprised at what a difference they will make in the space...then go back and tweak!
August 12, 2013 at 4:29pm        Thanked by amickaa
Exciting Windows! by Stacey Hudson
By the way, I love the circle mirror and how it picks up the circles in the fabric on the chairs...very smart!
August 12, 2013 at 4:30pm        Thanked by amickaa
Exciting Windows! by Stacey Hudson
The chandelier is not in style with the transitional feel of the room. What about a drum style lighting fixture?
August 12, 2013 at 4:43pm      Thanked by amickaa
Exciting Windows! by Stacey Hudson
Make sure your light fixture is centered on the table.
August 12, 2013 at 4:44pm      Thanked by amickaa
Need Help Choosing Color for "Table Place Settings"
The walls in my dining room are Sherwin Williams "Fired...
Need Help- Where to place curtain rods?
I love the design of these old windows circa 1914....
Where is a good place to buy matching shower curtain and towel sets
Looking to purchase seashell shower curtain with matching...
What goes with blue velvet sofa
I'm replacing my brown leather couch set with this...
Need help with master bath design/layout
Master bath is 18' 8" x 10' 4" if I take one of the...
Sunbleached buttercup yellow has to go!
We're looking for new paint colors and any suggestions...
How to make my living room look better
Hi just want help to make my living room look better...
Would you go for a striped wall?
Feature walls are big news, but what if you want to...