What are the cost comparisons to granite or marble?
rbcola
August 9, 2013 in Photo Questions
What is "Eco" by Cosentino made of? Tried to go to the website - didn't work. (?) Thank you!
Green Depot
Hi rbcola,

Eco by Cosentino is made of 75% recycled materials including: porcelain, glass, mirror, scraps from stone quarries and more. As far as pricing goes, it is hard to say exactly compared to granite or marble because the pricing for those materials varies SO widely depending on quality and source... but generally speaking we say that the Eco is right in the range of a mid-priced stone.
August 9, 2013 at 1:29pm        Thanked by rbcola
rbcola
Thank you this was informative. Using the example of "in the range of a mid-priced stone" is good enough. Now......I am all for green. But I'm a buyer that wants function and beauty......so, how does Eco compete in that category! FYI: If the cabintry can carry off the "beauty interest" I'm fine with simplistic, non-competitive countertop.
August 9, 2013 at 1:50pm   
Green Depot
We think Eco by Cosentino is gorgeous as well as functional! Of course, since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you'll have to judge for yourself! Their website does appear to be having a hiccup today, but you can see some more pictures on their facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/EcobyCosentino/photos_albums
August 9, 2013 at 2:41pm      Thanked by rbcola
Patti Grove
What is the color of the countertop by the window. I believe the white countertop is Polarcap. I would like to order a sample of each but do not know what the darker countertop color is.
September 11, 2013 at 4:01pm   
coltsneck07722
I have Eco in my bathroom countertops. I found it to be more expensive than granite. I love it but would not spend the $$$$ again when I do my kitchen countertop.
October 19, 2013 at 11:59am   
rbcola
@coltsneck07722 - Thanks for sharing your experience. I'd like to know what your +/- experiences were with the Eco? Was the only reason you wouldn't do that again the $$$$?

This is the unfortunate issue with doing almost anything green. When they are inexpensive - the features don't compete with the natural or alternative materials. When they be able to compete in FUNCTION.......they are overpriced. It's unfortuante. It tells me - either the manufacturers efforts to produce the green product is still too costly today to compete. OR....they take advantage of the fact that it's GREEN and charge more. Either way.........they lose a lot of business....unfortuantely.
October 20, 2013 at 10:29am   
qtazza
I am in love with Cosentino Eco Riverbed and it is on sale at Home Depot right now. ($76/SF -10%) But when researching, I see mention of staining, cracking from heat, and chipping. Can anyone that has it, speak to that?
November 17, 2013 at 2:44pm   
flooring cost comparisons
We're wondering what the cost comparisons would be...
cost comparison??
Hi, is a retaining wall like this more expensive than...
Cost comparison
What is cheaper? Stained concrete floor or laminate...
Contractor cost comparison
We are at the design stage of our remodeling in Saint...
Natural wood wainscoting in mid-century modern home
There is natural wood wainscoting in the lower level...
Furnishing a rental on a budget!
My husband and I have just relocated to Vancouver from...
Help.. DIY. Looking for DIY ideas to share with my clients
I am always looking for great new ideas to share with...
Hoping I am making the right decisions in my upcoming reno.
Wondering about installing a dark charcoal gray porcelain...
Living room lighting
Hello there! I am trying to figure out the best way...