OLLD 8/10
mefor
August 10, 2013 in Other
Some of you may recognize this, it's a piece I showed Angela for her bedroom. It's so pretty I thought I'd give it a place of honor here today. Good Saturday morning to all of you, hope it's a great day!! :)
Robin W
One more night shift... that makes today a great day. Tomorrow will be even better. They're actually calling for ok weather for my days off. Weird! Maybe I'll be able to get some stuff done outside finally!!!
5 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 5:28AM
mefor
Yeah baby!! You absolutely deserve some good weather, you've had the worst luck of all of us when it comes to weather this summer.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 5:29AM
Jayme H.
Good morning Robin & mforr!! Love the pic...very pretty!!! Robin..do u have another project to do?
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 5:42AM
Robin W
I have to finish the stone raised beds in the back of the yard, cut back the pumpkins before they pull over my tomatoes, dig out stumps and bushes in the front... The list goes on. None of which I've been able to complete due to the lack of good weather on days off. Seems to always be sunny when I'm at work, but as soon as days off hit the clouds roll in.

On a good note, I was stopped by at least 3 different people last night to thank me and the profession for what we do. That was definitely a feel good moment of the night.
4 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 6:32AM
armygirl1987
Morning all, looks like rain here. Need to clean house, paint front door an corner garden. Prepping the front door. Taping top and bottom section so that if I have to close the door it wont be painted. But walk this dog first cause she looking at me cross eye.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 6:34AM
armygirl1987
Awesome Robin. You do good work. That is all.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 6:35AM
mefor
You do great work, they should thank you and appreciate you, and you should always remember that. :))
Morning jayme, morning Angela
Going to lake today or tomorrow ?
Good luck with door painting, can't wait to see it all together
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 6:41AM
armygirl1987
Speaking of which my hibiscus are acting crazy. Need to prepare the ground. Anything special
3 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 6:41AM
Jayme H.
Robin...Glad u got some appreciation! It's an extremely difficult field, u face things daily that would deeply traumatize most people. IDK how we all don't have severe PTSD! (some do, I am sure).
YOU ROCK & thank you for what u do, and I mean it.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 6:50AM
armygirl1987
Ditto what Jayme said.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 7:04AM
armygirl1987
Think that I am going to have to redo my plants.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 7:05AM
mefor
What the heck is happening to the hibiscus? Is it just that plant that's being affected?
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 7:07AM
Jayme H.
What's wrong with the plants Angela? A few dead ones? I need to clean mine up too...a few times they got neglected when we left for the weekend. Need to prune out the dead stuff...I also discovered an aphid infestation on my cosmos...wretched little things those aphids are.
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 7:11AM
armygirl1987
Yes, it is the same hibiscus but few stems are dead.
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 7:15AM
mefor
Door is painted, go have fun
4 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 7:18AM
mefor
Cut out the dead piecesand see how it looks without adding new stuff first
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 7:19AM
armygirl1987
Is there anything special that I should do to the ground before I plant the new plants.
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 7:21AM
armygirl1987
Wish it was that easy.
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 7:23AM
mefor
Maybe mix in a little potting soil that has a lot of nutrients already in it. Mix it in deep so the roots get the nourishment.
   August 10, 2013 at 7:29AM
olldroo
Morning ladies, very quick call by as I'm trying to get some early nights.

Angela, can you get Dynamic Lifter? It is an all purpose fertilizer that is good for gardens and lawns and everything loves it. Dig a heap into your garden before you plant, even add a small handful of pellets at the base of the hole you dig for your plants. I haven't seen a hibiscus like that before, but they can die suddenly. They are heavy feeders and need to be well fed otherwise they will starve everything around them, especially in pots. They love Dynamic Lifter too.

Off to bed. Have a good day.
4 Likes   Thanked by mefor    August 10, 2013 at 7:46AM
armygirl1987
Thank you Roo but doesn't look like the regulars here carry it. Going to nursery while the door is drying.
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 7:51AM
kimdee24
Sweet dreams, Ms Roo... good morning to everyone else!
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 7:53AM
armygirl1987
First coat
3 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 7:53AM
mefor
Looks great, you're moving right along. You could probably redecorate your whole neighborhood if you keep up this fast pace, only day 2 of break!!!! :)
   August 10, 2013 at 8:00AM
armygirl1987
Ez-I did learn one thing from watching the paint guy but so far that is it, trying to figure out how long to wait to paint second coat. Michele-my decorator was so impress with all the hard work that I have done so far. She remember the way it was when she walked in here the first time. I told her that I have the report that she sent me and keep it as a reminder that I will not backslide again. My friend is convinced that I am obsessed and will take decorating classes in my spare time.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 8:23AM
mefor
I'm glad she likes what you're doing, it always feels good to get props and encouragement from someone whose opinion you value. You are doing really well, and despite the crazy kooks who show up and yell at us on your thread, lol, you're actually moving at a pretty good pace. There's no reason to rush something that you want to live with and enjoy every time you look around at it. :)
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 8:31AM
armygirl1987
I know Michele, trust me I know.
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 8:51AM
armygirl1987
Second coat.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 9:56AM
mefor
Angela, do you want another project?
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 10:52AM
armygirl1987
I just finish the corner garden. Will post pics later. Going to go pamper myself now.
3 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 11:19AM
mpoulsom
hey ladies....just checking in to say howdy! Was off yesterday and am getting off at 6 today. We have had almost normal temps for summer here this past week, but thunderstorms every afternoon or all evening! Plants are still going crazy and I have not had to water once this year.
Found a cheap headboard for Boo Mappin's room and painted first coat yesterday. I also discovered that I have a small cabinet that I used in the bathroom at last house that will go with it perfectly. So I'm repainting that as well.

Ang, love the door color! Looks great! You will love walking up to that and I'm sure the neighbors will love driving by it!

Hey everybody! Hope your weekend is going well!
5 Likes   Thanked by mefor    August 10, 2013 at 1:55PM
mefor
Hi MP, long time no "see"
How's everything? Have you one away yet or still looking for perfect beach getaway?
Good to hear from you :)
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 2:00PM
mefor
I'm sorry MP, anything we can do to help? Or to cheer you? You've always been a "cheerleader" since I've come to OLLDS, I hate to hear you sound so down. If there's anything we can do, let us know. :) I really hate to hear the sadness in your virtual "voice" :(
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 2:42PM
mpoulsom
thanks...but with time, i'll be okay. Thank you very much. :)
4 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 2:58PM
Robin W
I missed something but regardless MP - I hope all is well with you! Would love to see pics of the headboard etc!
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 3:49PM
kimdee24
Hi everyone, and hey MP! Nice to see you, hope all is well.

I just noticed there is a shopping cart icon on the tool bar above...

Robin -- something bad happened on the Henday on my way to golf. I think a cyclist got hit... EMT was there, stretcher out, poor person lying on the side of the road. Made me sad, I hope he/she is okay. I thought about it all afternoon.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 3:58PM
mefor
You're very welcome MP, come back when you're up to it and we'll be thinking of you :)
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 4:14PM
Robin W
That's no fun Kimdee. It's never a good time seeing people injured or in distress. I hope everyone was ok.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 6:27PM
kimdee24
Me too, Robin. I honestly don't know how you do it.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 6:29PM
   August 10, 2013 at 7:31PM
Robin W
Sigh

It's always disheartening to hear what others have to say about you behind your back.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 7:54PM
mefor
Did you talk to your supervisor tonight?
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 7:57PM
kimdee24
Aw, Robin. What happened?
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 8:08PM
armygirl1987
Tell us about it Robin.
   August 10, 2013 at 8:16PM
Robin W
Well, had a discussion with the partner and she's decided to leave the car, which is fine. But apparently people are saying I'm an incompetent medic and I snap a lot for no good reason.

Interesting that none of this has been said to my face. I hate backstabbers.
4 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 8:24PM
Jayme H.
Robin, . Be true to yourself. That is what matters. I am sorry you are going through this.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 8:32PM
mefor
If it was a real problem, they would have told you to your face. Sneaky underhanded behavior is usually just that because its got no merit. Would it surprise you that partner may have been the source of the whole problem? People like that can be very dangerous when they want to be.
4 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 8:33PM
Jayme H.
Ok ladies...we went to the lake....it is a story to behold....First pic...Me in the middle of lake enticing Jay to join me...then so on and so forth
3 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 8:36PM
armygirl1987
Hmm- that is weird, sounds like jealousy to me. I am sure your record stands up.
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 8:37PM
Jayme H.
And lastly...Boating 101 by Professor Hobbs...Lesson one...Do not treat your propeller like this subject did!
3 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 8:38PM
kimdee24
I find it seriously hard to believe that you are incompetent at anything you do, Robin.
3 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 8:43PM
olldcan
Beautiful day today, spent it at the lake, stopped for a bite of Pizza on the way home. Just love a day when not too many people are there, we so enjoy just shutting the boat off and diving in. Sipping a cold one on the dock and watching the first timers get up on a pair of skis, wakeboard or surfboard. Our bay is the perfect spot for people just learning, so the free entertainment is hilarious. Talked with a couple that has a cabin on the lake for a bit......you know when you'll just never bother talking with someone again, or at least not intentionally. I think I've seen my husband roll his eyes just once before today. The shower is free, gotta jump in while I have a chance, I'll be back ;)
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 8:45PM
kimdee24
Well, I think I'm gonna crawl into my bed. Literally. Every. Single. Muscle. in my legs, backside and lower back are screaming from taking that TV down and putting it back up again yesterday. Funny how muscle aches don't show up for 24 hours.

Robin -- chin up and walk proud.
Jayme -- I hope that's not YOUR prop...
Candace -- enjoy the lake this week as much as you can. Supposed to be a nice week.

Everyone... sweet dreams!
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 9:09PM
olldcan
O.k. what a relief to get that lake water off. I always feel like a swamp monster until I can get showered off!!!

Hi Michele, Jayme, Angela and Robin, night kimdee.

Jayme, LOL looks like we had the same kinda day :), seriously that props a mess.
Did you bring a sketch pad and start drawing that cabin?

Robin, I think Michele called it perfectly. I agree, your so called partner, is the source of all this B.S. Best she move on and take her petty jealously with her!!!!!
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 9:21PM
mefor
Night kimdee :)
Jayme, that looks like a blast, I'm happy you guys had such a ball
Candace, don't you hate that? And you know they probably thought you guys were great and sooo interesting and wow, let's look for them again because we really hit it off. Lol, they'll be powering on over to visit you all the time. Luckily, once you finish the lake house, I'll come and take it over from you and I'll just slam the door in their faces. :) left you message in ideabook :)
Robin, I know it feels awful, but it really does sound like a backstabbing by an unpleasant person filled with jealousy and a hell of a lot of stupidity and not much else. Don't let them define you, go back with your head held high and kick some medic ass, not literally of course :)
Angela looks like you had a ice afternoon, you went to pamper and I hope you did just that :)
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 9:24PM
mefor
Maybe I meant nice afternoon, instead of ice, unless there were a bunch of frozen margaritas or some yummy mojitos today
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 9:26PM
mefor
I'm sorry to leave but I'm crashing hard. Hope that means I'll actually sleep, the buzz saw is already on next to me, grrrrrr. Stop the noise!!!! Talk to you chicks tomorrow. :)
   August 10, 2013 at 9:40PM
olldcan
night Michelle, found the message and replied in the ideabook. Have a great sleep TTYL :)
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 9:44PM
mefor
Haha, look back in ideabook candace
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 10:01PM
olldcan
sheesh!!!! thanks for your help with the ideabook, I was wondering about that, think i have it resolved so check to see. Your welcome to come and be the muscle, need to keep that strange couple at an arms length!!!
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 10:10PM
olldcan
I'm off to bed so good night all, TTYL.

Morning Roo :)
3 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 10:25PM
mefor
Night again :)
2 Likes   August 10, 2013 at 10:26PM
mefor
Started 8/11 :)
   August 11, 2013 at 8:04AM
Tierra Sol Tile - Provenza In-Essence
We are think of using Tierra Sol's tile "Provenza In-Essence"...
I am renovating an old farmhouse and need help with colors.
I am replacing existing cupboards with white shaker...
How nice do we make the bathroom to add value before selling?
Small only bathroom. Complete overhaul, or just new...
Family Room Clean Slate
I am working with a clean slate in this family room....
where is the best place to purchase a portable island
to go in a traditional kitchen with cherry cabinets...