Weird windows
barcis
We need to put blinds on these windows because they're in our bedroom, but they're so small. Can anyone recommend a type if blind for this window?
Radostina Cvetkova
Just one long roman blind.
August 11, 2013 at 4:40am   
chemayne
How about these shutters?

August 11, 2013 at 4:40am   
Vivian Rase
I love Roman shades. You could hang them at ceiling height so they wouldn/t obstruct your view when they're open. Plus it will make your windows look larger
August 11, 2013 at 5:08am     
cathieg
I realise the windows in this picture are long and are in a room with a very high ceiling but they show the shades mounted above the top of the window, which I think is what would work here. Good luck.

August 11, 2013 at 11:00pm     
barcis
I really like these ideas! Thank you. I am falling head over heels for roman blinds...any "laws" against using them in every room? Haha. Will post more window questions soon because we have some here that are stumping us! Will call the professionals!
August 12, 2013 at 5:55am   
Krumpers Solar Blinds
Krumpers Solar Blinds allow a clear view while the two sided design (you simply turn the blinds around) allow for year round climate control and UV protection. Krumpers make fixed panes that are attached with magnets that will fit within the frame thus allow the architectural interest to say intact.
August 12, 2013 at 6:48am     
Vivian Rase
I'm building a new home. Break ground in a week and going for a coastal home. I plan to use a light woven wood tortoise shell blind on every window but varying drapes and valances. I like consistency. I might go for something else in the bathrooms thoughg
August 12, 2013 at 6:49am   
Krumpers Solar Blinds
Do consider the positioning of your home. If you have west or south exposure and the view is important then look for a product that will allow the view while reflecting the heat back outside. With west and south exposure the air-conditioning cannot keep up, even if you super size it.
August 12, 2013 at 6:52am   
Vivian Rase
I live in Florida. Our AC reaches 65 and below on the hottest days
August 12, 2013 at 8:50am   
Fenstermann LLC
Here are some blinds that work in the smallest spaces/places...they are only 3/4 inch in depth and can fully collapse on the bottom or top...they are available in hundreds of colors, prints and design and are translucent, transparent or black out... www.pleatedblindsstore.com
August 12, 2013 at 2:38pm   
Angel18432
How about using three roman blinds, side by side with no space in between each of them. Then have a valance the whole length of the windows - same material as blinds. I live in Fl also. Put tint on the windows after we moved in.
Really cuts down on the sun.
August 12, 2013 at 6:36pm   
Vivian Rase
@angel....you're right. When there are large windows like @krumpers posted tint can do wonders. I've been in homes with huge windows that were like a sauna here in Florida. There is simply no way to cool a room during the day with no coverings. Having lived here all my life I knew not to put in a lot of windows and transoms. Just not practical. A more traditional approach with lined shades and blinds is the way to go. And ceiling fans even though I dislike the look of them immensely
August 13, 2013 at 7:52am   
Dew Prince
three long curtains will totally do the trick!
why long?.... well it will make your windows look much longer than it is and if you choose a white or cream color the light will be free to come into the room. :)
August 13, 2013 at 7:56am   
Two Blind Guys
Hunter Douglas Duette Honeycombs would be perfect. Check them out.
August 14, 2013 at 9:20am   
Weird Window
The placement and size of this window is confusing...
Stained glass window over fireplace: weird or ok?
I have a 1920s arts and craft home. I have a blank...
I know this is a weird question but the windows look fake
There's no view behind them, which could mean they're...
Weird sized window.
The window itself (no kidding) is actually 6 inches...
I have these weird windows!
How do I get a corner rod like this?
Change paint color?
My kitchen has been this color since we moved in 12...
Need help with wall paint
I just purchased the pecan praline swirl hardwood floor...
upstairs hallway
Just moved in to this 2002 mcmansion. Goal is for it...
How to design my powder room
I am designing my pdr room where i am creating the...
Should I keep this color or change it??
I want to redo my foyer but not sure if I should keep...