Exterior Colors?
Chris Tio
So... Our house has a white and orange trim and a black roof. There is painted brick beside the garage but we wanted to repaint into real looking brick. We also don't like the white and orange trim; any suggestions? We're going for a modern look with grays and reds but also a natural color palette like green or brown. The neighborhood our house is in has mostly a white, blue, or gold palette which limits me to using neutrals instead of bold colors. Any suggestions?
brickln
To me brick never looks quite right painted red. I'd go with a taupe like BM Silver Fox with gray or blue/gray on the stucco area and a creamy white trim.
http://www.houzz.com/photos/products/silver-fox-paint http://www.houzz.com/photos/products/gray-paint/p/72
1 Like   Thanked by Chris Tio    August 12, 2013 at 5:04PM
Chris Tio
brickln, that's not a bad idea actually. If you have some suggestions about making the stucco a darker neutral color and the trim made a bit bolder, like for modern pallettes, that'd be great. Do you recommend wood structures anywhere there to add some modern-ness to it? XD But I know exterior paint takes a lot out of the pocket and I was wondering if you would suggest a color to replace the orange so it would be less of a job to take on...
0 Likes   August 12, 2013 at 5:17PM
Chris Tio
Also should I remove the bricks on the side altogether? It makes it look messy and I'd like it to look a bit more like the picture without overdoing it XD
0 Likes   August 12, 2013 at 5:21PM
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
C-Tio we can paint the house and add finishes in 2D renderings as a visual reference for your project . Brickin knows my work. Hey brickin did holly find the stone yet?
0 Likes   Thanked by Chris Tio    August 12, 2013 at 5:38PM
Chris Tio
Sure! Please do if you can...
0 Likes   August 12, 2013 at 6:17PM
HI -- Chris - If you could do something with the roofs - either put a roof on the house or take the roof off the garage . The garage looks like it was an add on . Do something like the house picture you posted , that would make this house stand out in the neighborhood. You cannot make the painted brick look like unpainted now .The white painted brick could be a nice accent with the right color on the rest of the house . Just to get you started , for now just primer paint out the offending colors -- you have to prime anyway . Painting out the colors and then that will help you see what you want to do with out looking at the distracting offending colors
.
0 Likes   Thanked by Chris Tio    August 12, 2013 at 6:53PM
Chris Tio
Thanks! I'll consider that. But the garage wasn't an add-on. The house was built in the 70s so it looked like that even b4.
0 Likes   August 12, 2013 at 6:56PM
Chris Tio
Any color suggestions if the brick counts to be painted again?
0 Likes   August 12, 2013 at 7:06PM
HI - Chris - makes you wonder as to what they were thinking when they built the house , to have two opposing roof styles . The seventies wasn't the best era of design. You could just re paint the brick white or cream and have white or cream trims and so on then a pretty color on the rest of the house . Have a look at "Amsterdam Blue " by Benjamin Moore . The greys are kind of getting over done but go into the warmer greys or a charcoal if you want . Have a look at Behr.com and then go to architectural styles , you might see a color combo you like there .
0 Likes   Thanked by Chris Tio    August 12, 2013 at 8:34PM
Chris Tio
I'll go check behr...
0 Likes   August 12, 2013 at 10:35PM
Chris Tio
Pretty cool. I liked the simple charcoal and white combo with the red door. Thanks alot!
0 Likes   August 12, 2013 at 10:47PM
brickln
Well, try the trim in charcoal and a medium blue/gray on the stucco. Blue gray up against natural wood looks great if you'll be adding a pergola.

Red door will look sharp.
0 Likes   Thanked by Chris Tio    August 13, 2013 at 3:16AM
Chris Tio
That looks nice! Definitely looks modern. Probably a pergola by the small area on the right or by the backyard.
0 Likes   August 13, 2013 at 11:03AM
Chris Tio
Thanks everyone! Please post more suggestions if you have some, but lefty47 and brickln, I will definitely consider your ideas!
0 Likes   August 13, 2013 at 11:05AM
Looking for slip cover for sofa and chairs
Sending pics ....sofa seat cushions are just square...
Help! Feminine Home office needs color and excitement
This is a photo of my home office currently. I'd love...
Painting a wooden mantle
We recently moved into a home, and in the family room...
How to hide closet doors
I am looking for suggestions on how to hide these doors....
Need ideas for my backyard.
This dirt part is along the whole back wall of our...