Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christian_tio

Exterior Colors?

Chris Tio
10 years ago
So... Our house has a white and orange trim and a black roof. There is painted brick beside the garage but we wanted to repaint into real looking brick. We also don't like the white and orange trim; any suggestions? We're going for a modern look with grays and reds but also a natural color palette like green or brown. The neighborhood our house is in has mostly a white, blue, or gold palette which limits me to using neutrals instead of bold colors. Any suggestions?

Comments (14)

• Chris Tio
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    brickln, that's not a bad idea actually. If you have some suggestions about making the stucco a darker neutral color and the trim made a bit bolder, like for modern pallettes, that'd be great. Do you recommend wood structures anywhere there to add some modern-ness to it? XD But I know exterior paint takes a lot out of the pocket and I was wondering if you would suggest a color to replace the orange so it would be less of a job to take on...
  • Chris Tio
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Also should I remove the bricks on the side altogether? It makes it look messy and I'd like it to look a bit more like the picture without overdoing it XD
  • PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    C-Tio we can paint the house and add finishes in 2D renderings as a visual reference for your project . Brickin knows my work. Hey brickin did holly find the stone yet?
    Chris Tio thanked User
  • Chris Tio
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Sure! Please do if you can...
  • lefty47
    10 years ago
    HI -- Chris - If you could do something with the roofs - either put a roof on the house or take the roof off the garage . The garage looks like it was an add on . Do something like the house picture you posted , that would make this house stand out in the neighborhood. You cannot make the painted brick look like unpainted now .The white painted brick could be a nice accent with the right color on the rest of the house . Just to get you started , for now just primer paint out the offending colors -- you have to prime anyway . Painting out the colors and then that will help you see what you want to do with out looking at the distracting offending colors
    Chris Tio thanked lefty47
  • Chris Tio
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks! I'll consider that. But the garage wasn't an add-on. The house was built in the 70s so it looked like that even b4.
  • Chris Tio
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Any color suggestions if the brick counts to be painted again?
  • lefty47
    10 years ago
    HI - Chris - makes you wonder as to what they were thinking when they built the house , to have two opposing roof styles . The seventies wasn't the best era of design. You could just re paint the brick white or cream and have white or cream trims and so on then a pretty color on the rest of the house . Have a look at "Amsterdam Blue " by Benjamin Moore . The greys are kind of getting over done but go into the warmer greys or a charcoal if you want . Have a look at Behr.com and then go to architectural styles , you might see a color combo you like there .
    Chris Tio thanked lefty47
  • Chris Tio
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I'll go check behr...
  • Chris Tio
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Pretty cool. I liked the simple charcoal and white combo with the red door. Thanks alot!
  • brickln
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Well, try the trim in charcoal and a medium blue/gray on the stucco. Blue gray up against natural wood looks great if you'll be adding a pergola.
    Modern Exterior · More Info

Red door will look sharp.
    Chris Tio thanked brickln
  • Chris Tio
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    That looks nice! Definitely looks modern. Probably a pergola by the small area on the right or by the backyard.
  • Chris Tio
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks everyone! Please post more suggestions if you have some, but lefty47 and brickln, I will definitely consider your ideas!