Fireplace dilemma
erinknack08
August 12, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I apologize if this is a ridiculous question. But since I do not have any talent in interior design, I greatly need your help!

We recently bought a new home and we are in the process of fixing and repainting. My husband and I bought an electric fire place for our living room to give the room more warmth (aesthetically and temperature wise). When I saw the fireplace out of the box, the color was not what I was expecting. The moulding in the entire home is white (perhaps a bit off-white but not by much). The fireplace is ivory. Is there any way to make this work or would I need to repaint all the moulding an ivory color? If we build large shelves next to it, would they need to be painted the same as the fireplace? Also, the moulding is white all through out the house. Would I have to repaint that as well?

FYI: My intention was to paint the living room Benjamin Moore's Gray Horse. Will the colors work together?

Lots of questions, I apologize!

Here is a link to the fireplace in case the picture does not work.
http://www.everythingfurniture.com/sei24-st-lawrence-ivory-electric-fireplace-1.html?utm_campaign=Performics&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_content=Primary&promocode=k154646

We got this fireplace at an awesome price on sale so I would love to not have to send it back.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Yolanda Ruiz
IMHO you don't have to repaint your mouldings (they will be far enough from the fireplace), and also the gray you want will work. About the shelves, it would be ok if you paint them the same color as the fireplace, but if your furniture is in a nice wood, you can also put them in the same wood, and distribute some ivory items around (small sculptures and decorative pieces), this way your decoration will have a continuation.
August 13, 2013 at 8:41am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Judy M
You could paint mantle to match your white trim.
August 13, 2013 at 9:17am