Dark or off white? real wood or faux?
annellepe
we are building a new home and are stuck at what color to choose for our blinds. i love the color espresso and picked espresso cabinets for the kitchen and bathrooms, a golden yellow granite with hints of red in the kitchen, crisp khaki paint, and most of furniture is espresso except our couch will be lighter to not be so dark if we decide to go with espresso blinds. would it look ok to have real wood 2 inch espresso blinds? it is a 2 story home in Gilbert Arizona. its 1800 sqauare feet. I intend on lightening everything else up; accent walls, pillows, wall decor etc if we go with the espresso blinds. I like decor from pier 1 imports, pottery barn, Z Gallery etc. If not people say go with off white. So confused and stuck and have to make a decision in 2 weeks. Also need to keep in mind that I love earth tones and warm tones so all of the fixtures will be venetian bronze even door hardware and lighting. which one should we choose? off white wood or espresso wood blinds? Thank you so much for your help!!
below is how the espresso blinds look hanging on their own, and the foor pictures show the the tile color, carpet color, and granite color that i picked.. the fourth picture is just a picture of the model kitchen for an idea. keep in mind the houses are ten feet apart both side to side and in front of each other so we have shade that way not a lot of light coming in i dont think,
also should we pick the real wood blind or the faux wood blind? please keep in mind i cannot pick any other window treatment, just blinds. so off white or espresso??? real wood or faux??? please help!!!!!
annellepe
here are the windows from the stairwell
August 12, 2013 at 10:26pm   
allisongray
I would go with the faux blinds in the off white color. It will tie in nicely with your base boards and door trim. Real wood can warp in excessive heat.
August 12, 2013 at 10:36pm   
TJG Design Studio
Design tip: hard drapery (blinds) should work with the trim color, soft drapery (fabric hanging) should tie in with your wall color and decor. Faux wood lasts longer.... Trust me, dark blinds will date faster, and will close your room in. TJG Design Studio
August 12, 2013 at 10:44pm   
annellepe
thanks so much for your advice! we are going to go with the off white chenille faux wood blinds and then just hang nice drapes in the living room and bedrooms. thanks again!!!
August 14, 2013 at 1:31am   
Is Houzz a bit snobby about less expensive renovating options?
Not everyone can afford or wants to go with the most...
Does anyone know what kind / name of this counter top is?
Does anyone know what kind / name of this counter top...
Need help with baby room colors!!
I love eclectic bright baby rooms. I want my baby girls...
Need a cheap way to update this pink bathroom
I just bought an old home badly in need of updating....
Building a sunroom looking for ideas to design interior space
Going to add window 4 season to all openings exterior...