need kitchen design advice desperatly

nikkimsAugust 13, 2013
We are adding an island to our kitchen. Our first home is 1 year old and we are working with a set budget. We are hoping to find something that matches with what we have now but can also work in the future when we change the space with higher end finishes when our budget can accommodate it.
Currently we have a white kitchen with a shaker style door that has a extra ridge in the cabinet. We have dark grey counters that has a slight pale white design in it (almost looks black) . Our floors are pale grey with a pale brown accent in it. We have stainless steel appliances. There is a dark brown stair banister that is in the kitchen that has a cool undertone to it.
We hope to change our counters to a stone and our floor to a hard wood down the line.
We are struggling because the companies where we want to source the island from cannot match the cabinets exactly in color or style to our current kitchen cabinets. The whites do not match nor do the cabinet door styles. We are hesitant to add another color cabinet color because when we want to change the flooring down the road and are worried its just going to look to miss matched.
The original cabinet maker can match the doors but cannot offer us many of the things we want in the cabinets such as wine racks, book shelf, etc in our current cabinet. The original cabinet maker is also charging a lot compared to others. We feel a bit like we are forced to go with them because they are the only ones that can give us the doors that match the current kitchen.
Where do we go from here? Any thoughts on combining styles please let us know!!!!!!! So greatly appreciated.
Main Line Kitchen Design
Really need picture to advises you and maybe cabinet line names etc. There will be other dealers maybe farther away that also sell your cabinets and possibly for less. Without seeing anything though it's hard to know if even adding the island is a good idea.
1 Like    Bookmark   August 13, 2013 at 3:12PM
girlyy567
You should start something simple but yet in style something like and islandy style here is an idea!
nikkims
I have included some pictures to give you an idea of what we are currently working with, the green tape are possible island locations and sizes. We are placing it the standard 42 inches away.
    Bookmark   August 13, 2013 at 3:57PM
need design advice for my Walk-in Closet
Hi everyone, I have 2 questions regarding my walk-in...
levijo
Need advice on kitchen layout and design
We have a faily large square kitchen in a room of its...
rmbiff
Need design advice for living room with build-in tv cabinet. Help!
Moving from modern apartment to this old style unit...
dominiqueu
I am building a new house and need design advice.
I have heard that granite is going out of "favor" in...
Linda Leonhart McCall, LLC
Please help--conflicting advice from designers about island in narrow kitchen
I posted on here about a week and a half ago about...
ksal2010
Need help on choosing polished or satin nickel hardware for kitchen
I just updated my kitchen. Replaced everything but...
derano97
I made pavers out of a oak tree, how should they be maintained???
I cut down an old oak tree that was dying, I made the...
Sweetlake Interior Design LLC
tear down? paint? what do I do?
any suggestions on what I can do with this ugly thing?...
lindzblake
PLEASE help me decorate!!!
We've had a huge mess for 6 weeks. Just finished my...
Jenna Carr
Hanging pictutes
I'm not sure if I like the art one one each side of...
mooremomaz
Sponsored Products
Cast Iron Candleholder Set
$49.99 | zulily
Context Dining Table
Overstock.com
Meurice Linear Chandelier
Lightology
Sample-Crema Marfil 6/8x6/8 Tiles Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Coco Chair in Soy Milk
Grandin Road
Typist Coasters - Set of 6
$16.99 | Dot & Bo
American Drew Jessica McClintock Couture Splat Back Dining Arm Chairs - Set of 2
Hayneedle
Zuo Glen Park Distressed Wood Chair
Euro Style Lighting