Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hanoof83

Please help with wall color

hanoof83
10 years ago
I feel that the light walls and light floor look dull . Changing the wall color is much easier . Any suggestions would help thanks !

Comments (7)

• hanoof83
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you for the advice , would you suggest panels in a far color ? I was thinking to paint the walls a darker grey?
  • J.B.
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    The blinds do look awkward. But that could be because they are at different heights; and I can see the extra windows below that benefit with coverage when needed. So, keeping those blinds?... always have them equal length. For an eating area this is fabulous... What's your theme look for this area. The classic no nonsense lines of table and chairs warrants clean lines. For example, IF you could replace the blinds with fitted shutters... (white to dark brown) they're still a classic! Plus, fitted is neater -- more privacy without gaps as in blinds -- and (dimmer switched) pot lights above cascade light over the shutters and below to the table...so nice for mood lighting during & after dinner; warmer on cooler nights. Bring on the cosy with...? tropical wall colours?creamy-yellow? terra cotta? brown suede? I couldn't go with, say, cobalt blue. That's why I always need a theme: which way gives me welcoming pleasure. The sliding door would be less office looking with a treatment to compliment the other window dressing. And nicely framed. This is a family kitchen with a cute little one joining in, I can see! :_)
  • J.B.
    10 years ago
    Oh, and I'm sorry but a darker grey around this huge space could be institutional...'ya know, cafeteria & card games kinda thing? Does that make sense? J.B.
  • scandahovatplay
    10 years ago
    I'd definitely change the blinds to a warmer, wood substance textured roller roman shade and then paint the walls a warm beige, avoid too "yellowie" of a base of beige. I also like the idea of adding a coordinating area rug. Good luck! Love the spaciousness of the room!
  • Betsy Bimbi
    10 years ago
    I think you should leave the walls white. It's making a comeback. I think you should get rid of those shades and put curtains the entire length of the wall with a very modern clean simple print. Also change the light fixture to something but warmer plus add a nice table centerpiece.
  • J.B.
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    White walls are always nice. To break the monotony of the large expanse it would create, the right window coverings could provide a calming, uniform contrast. Fabrics in a kitchen are tricky as they can absorb all kinds of tuff stuff! Pictures, decorative objects = the final touches!...colours should compliment the table design and/or the centrepiece. Main focus here is the dining area. All the light is going up to the ceiling. If the light was directed down you may see your kitchen in a totally "different" light before you begin :_)