Please help with wall color
hanoof83August 14, 2013
I feel that the light walls and light floor look dull . Changing the wall color is much easier . Any suggestions would help thanks !
Center Stage Design
It's hard to say what color to paint, due to te fact tat I can't see the rest of te room. But I would look into replacing the huge blinds with a roman shade to fit, or a bamboo shade. Maybe add some panels with bold pattern on each side. I would definitely add a rug in coordinating colors to walls to break up the white floor .
2 Likes    Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 4:32PM
hanoof83
Thank you for the advice , would you suggest panels in a far color ? I was thinking to paint the walls a darker grey?
    Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 2:12AM
J.B.
The blinds do look awkward. But that could be because they are at different heights; and I can see the extra windows below that benefit with coverage when needed. So, keeping those blinds?... always have them equal length. For an eating area this is fabulous... What's your theme look for this area. The classic no nonsense lines of table and chairs warrants clean lines. For example, IF you could replace the blinds with fitted shutters... (white to dark brown) they're still a classic! Plus, fitted is neater -- more privacy without gaps as in blinds -- and (dimmer switched) pot lights above cascade light over the shutters and below to the table...so nice for mood lighting during & after dinner; warmer on cooler nights. Bring on the cosy with...? tropical wall colours?creamy-yellow? terra cotta? brown suede? I couldn't go with, say, cobalt blue. That's why I always need a theme: which way gives me welcoming pleasure. The sliding door would be less office looking with a treatment to compliment the other window dressing. And nicely framed. This is a family kitchen with a cute little one joining in, I can see! :_)
    Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 7:35PM
J.B.
Oh, and I'm sorry but a darker grey around this huge space could be institutional...'ya know, cafeteria & card games kinda thing? Does that make sense? J.B.
    Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 7:53PM
scandahovatplay
I'd definitely change the blinds to a warmer, wood substance textured roller roman shade and then paint the walls a warm beige, avoid too "yellowie" of a base of beige. I also like the idea of adding a coordinating area rug. Good luck! Love the spaciousness of the room!
    Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 7:56PM
Betsy Bimbi
I think you should leave the walls white. It's making a comeback. I think you should get rid of those shades and put curtains the entire length of the wall with a very modern clean simple print. Also change the light fixture to something but warmer plus add a nice table centerpiece.
    Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 8:15PM
J.B.
White walls are always nice. To break the monotony of the large expanse it would create, the right window coverings could provide a calming, uniform contrast. Fabrics in a kitchen are tricky as they can absorb all kinds of tuff stuff! Pictures, decorative objects = the final touches!...colours should compliment the table design and/or the centrepiece. Main focus here is the dining area. All the light is going up to the ceiling. If the light was directed down you may see your kitchen in a totally "different" light before you begin :_)
    Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 5:40PM
Need Help for my Kitchen!
I want to update this kitchen without going broke....
chxdinner
help me please with my bedroom wall colors
I am desperate to choose walls' color for my bedroom...
manal2013
Help with an "antiqued" bathroom
I am redoing a large jack and Jill bath and would like...
S East
PLEASE help with picking wall colors for great room
I recently purchased beige colored couches and feel...
mbocquet
Long Entry/Living Room/Dining Help
Hi! We recently purchased our first home and are having...
aimeestauffer
Help needed for wood floor install
We want to install wood flooring in the living room...
minndakwolf
Need help with my shutters and home exterior
I recently changed my exterior paint colors from black...
Kristi Evans
Family room sectional?
We bought a Beautiful sectional, I am just not sure...
omoge25
Stack front load with cabinetry
I really like the look of laundry rooms where the front...
nrpyle