momof3athletes
November 6, 2011 in Photo Questions
I am thinking of either painting or wallpapering the interior of two double door cherry cabinets in my kitchen. The cabinets are stained a little lighter shade than this cherry. I am also replacing the kitchen island with a mocha cream cabinet with a cherry colored glaze, which picks up the cherry stain on the additional cabinets. I am doing all of this in order to lighten up the kitchen, which presently has a ton of cherry cabinets. Were the cabinet interiors here painted? And if so, what color are the interiors? Seldom do I see cabinet interiors on cherry cabinets painted. You usually see painted interiors more on cream or white cabinets. Am I crazy for wanting to try this idea on cherry?
Rebekah Zaveloff | KitchenLab
I think this is a great idea - I love the way the interior looks on a painted face. I'd suggest a rich cream or even a sage green like shown on the base cabinets.
November 6, 2011 at 5:01pm   
yeblad
You've probably already completed this project, but for what it is worth, I love the idea.
However, I thought you meant painting the interior of the cabinet - not the doors.
If this is what you meant I would recommend trying out the color first by inserting either
a piece of colored fabric or paint to see if you like what you see. Paint with a good quality
paint ( probably 2 coats), let rest several days. Wipe with 600 grit paper ever so gently, then
wipe with a new microfiber cloth to catch the dust. Finish by applying 1 coat of water based
satin varnish. I'll bet it turns out beautiful. Good Luck. Kathy
April 6, 2012 at 5:44pm   
Bond Girl
Have you considered mirroring the backs of the cabinets? It may sound odd (and not traditional, as the picture you've shown) but mirrors will bounce the light around. You won't "see" the mirror, instead you'll see light, depth, your plates reflected, etc. If this sounds scary, got to Home Depot, and buy a box of 12" x 12" tiles, and put them in the back of your cabinets. You won't get the full effect, but live with them for a bit. You may be surprised.
April 6, 2012 at 8:34pm     
Need help with new master bath
I have a wall between the tub and the shower and just...
Bathroom Sinks - What shape should I use!
Remodeling Master Bathroom: L-shaped vanities with...
Need help on the best method to secure two thick wood without joints
I am looking for advice on how to secure two pieces...
Kitchen Backsplash Help!
Ideas anyone!? I wanted a clean simple gray colored...
Rug size for living room
Hello, I'm not sure how big a rug to get for my living...