momof3athletesNovember 6, 2011
I am thinking of either painting or wallpapering the interior of two double door cherry cabinets in my kitchen. The cabinets are stained a little lighter shade than this cherry. I am also replacing the kitchen island with a mocha cream cabinet with a cherry colored glaze, which picks up the cherry stain on the additional cabinets. I am doing all of this in order to lighten up the kitchen, which presently has a ton of cherry cabinets. Were the cabinet interiors here painted? And if so, what color are the interiors? Seldom do I see cabinet interiors on cherry cabinets painted. You usually see painted interiors more on cream or white cabinets. Am I crazy for wanting to try this idea on cherry?
Painted and Wood Kitchen · More Info
Rebekah Zaveloff | KitchenLab
I think this is a great idea - I love the way the interior looks on a painted face. I'd suggest a rich cream or even a sage green like shown on the base cabinets.
    Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 5:01PM
yeblad
You've probably already completed this project, but for what it is worth, I love the idea.
However, I thought you meant painting the interior of the cabinet - not the doors.
If this is what you meant I would recommend trying out the color first by inserting either
a piece of colored fabric or paint to see if you like what you see. Paint with a good quality
paint ( probably 2 coats), let rest several days. Wipe with 600 grit paper ever so gently, then
wipe with a new microfiber cloth to catch the dust. Finish by applying 1 coat of water based
satin varnish. I'll bet it turns out beautiful. Good Luck. Kathy
    Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 5:44PM
Bond Girl
Have you considered mirroring the backs of the cabinets? It may sound odd (and not traditional, as the picture you've shown) but mirrors will bounce the light around. You won't "see" the mirror, instead you'll see light, depth, your plates reflected, etc. If this sounds scary, got to Home Depot, and buy a box of 12" x 12" tiles, and put them in the back of your cabinets. You won't get the full effect, but live with them for a bit. You may be surprised.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 8:34PM
is there a plan available?
would like to see the floor plan if possible.
msandoval88
Bedding nursery
What is the brand of the nursery crib sheets? Thanks...
assiasaad
Gwen
Hello! What is the paint colour and brand?
gwatts3655
floor plan?
do you have a floor plan for this place?
msandoval88
Help us with exterior! Color choices...
This new home needs some serious help on the exterior!...
briancarla
What is wrong with this picture?
I love this wallpaper. Is the size of the mirror wrong?...
lyndao
I need help with bedroom n livingroom
Hi, I started to redo my appartment, and Im stuck with...
Ahmed Alyahiawi
Should we paint original woodwork in Victorian home?
We own and rent out my childhood home. It's a Victorian...
ziggi10
family room
We moved into this house a few months ago and I haven't...
Kandi