half moon window
ksorensen07
I know - my current solution is embarrassing! I am desperate to cover this half-moon window in a much nicer way but I am stuck. The half-moon blinds are ugly and cost a fortune to custom make to these measurements. The ceiling is quite close to the top of the window so I don't think hanging a rod with drapes over all the windows will work. We like our room dark so leaving it open isn't an option. Thank you, thank you!!
Why don't you hang a large piece of plywood cut in a rectagular shape big enough to cover the whole arch and staple a decorator fabric to the wood. I would like to see the rest of the room to see if this could possibly work.
August 16, 2013 at 10:01AM   
Using brush nickel balls and rungs, ( can get at lowes) hang panels floor to ceiling extends balls pass window so only 1/4 I'd window is covered. Get a light weight woven fabric for best results. On arch. Also at lowes Home Depot , they carry a pleated fan. That can be cut to fit into arch. It sits on ledge. They may come in blackout. That should work and look a lot better. You can also have windows tinted very dark.
August 16, 2013 at 10:08AM      Thanked by ksorensen07
I meant rings.
August 16, 2013 at 10:12AM   
Another thought- just have it drywalled and painted. If you like it dark, the window is a waste.
August 16, 2013 at 10:12AM   
Ginkgoglass
You can have roman shades made with an arch top by a local seamstress. All they need is a template -- you could choose the same fabric for the other two windows. Unfortunately, these windows are always a problem -- I have done arched woven woods and fabric shades. You can also do a valance that covers the top eyebrow arch and panels on the sides that can be opened and closed.
August 16, 2013 at 10:16AM      Thanked by ksorensen07
August 16, 2013 at 10:28AM        Thanked by ksorensen07
Window film plus this stationary treatment that travis was describing (I think) would be a good combo for you. Also shown are the short single rods for stationary panels if they might work. Last one is the ideal, but space is an issue.
Custom Window treatments 1
104 Shore Oaks
Custom Window treatments 2
Wine Country Spanish Estate
August 16, 2013 at 10:37AM   
Sustainable Dwellings
Why would you cover it at all????
August 16, 2013 at 10:47AM   
Every time I see half mooned windows I just want to slap someone LOL and I would prefer to slap someone who does not like subway tile;))))
August 16, 2013 at 10:53AM     
Sustainable Dwellings
Allrighty then. I'll slap the half moon people and you can slap me, no subway tile in my house.. but it does look good in some applications. This half moon window gives dimension to a boring space, However, a nice transom would have suited better.
August 16, 2013 at 11:08AM     
Ginkgoglass
nobody gets slapped! they a beautiful in the right place but when light is a problem in a room they can be a pain to cover.
August 16, 2013 at 11:10AM     
Nice to know we are all a bit slap happy today...
August 16, 2013 at 11:11AM     
Sustainable Dwellings
I can imagine vampires catching on fire with the right sunlight exposure. hahahaha. Sorry, I guess you could add an awning over the window.
August 16, 2013 at 11:12AM   
Maguire
ksorensen07, where are you? Do you see what you've started?! Time for a pomtini!!!!
Friday!! Whoot whoot!
August 16, 2013 at 4:41PM     
Sustainable Dwellings
What is in a "Pomtini"? (a Pommeranian drowned in vodka and Pommangranite (sp) juice?
August 16, 2013 at 4:49PM     
Maguire
I can't stop laughing.....
August 16, 2013 at 4:53PM   
Maguire
That would be a teenypommpommtini. LOL
August 16, 2013 at 5:35PM   
rwhm
I have a window similar to this and we tinted the glass. Also, there is decorative tint that is sold.
August 16, 2013 at 5:53PM   
Bathroom sconces suggestion
The bathroom is new and needs curtains and lighting....
Back Splash for Laundry Room
Please help! I am having a hard time deciding on the...
fix a patio umbrella
how do I fix the rope inside a patio umbrella that...
Best Eames Reproduction
As an initial note, I am only interested in a new quality...