Is this for aging acrobats?
mimibrunner
August 16, 2013 in Photo Questions
If someone can't get up stairs due to injury or disability, it is hard to imagine how they could use this ridiculous bathroom.
Suncook Carpentry
Actually my thought, and having some experience with the needs of the elderly, is just the opposite. It will be very nice for them to have everything close together, and not have to move around a lot. And as the article states, the toilet becomes a perfect seat for showering. Should make cleaning a snap too, another big issue for the elderly. The only addition I would make would be a horizontal grab bar on the left wall.
October 31, 2013 at 11:03AM     
Shawn Scott
I agree with SuncookCarpentry. This tiny bath design, after looking at literally hundreds of them AND working with disabled folks, is pretty dang functional. If you bought a home with only 1 large-ish bathroom, this design would work quite well to create two out of one. Also, after hosting many Japanese foreign exchange students, this looks quite a bit like what they are more used to as bathrooms. Pretty cool for a master bath idea in a small space.
November 4, 2013 at 4:27AM     
Carolyn Upton
It's very much like an RV. Older people manage with those bathrooms, and it would make it possible to add a bathroom to an older house. I'm too old to only have one bathroom anymore.
January 8, 2014 at 9:20AM   
SKsouth
Very well designed. We Americans (see comments above) seem a big squeamish about not having enclosed shower. I'm looking for a solution to a small ensuite bathroom and this might be perfect. Thanks.
January 8, 2014 at 2:53PM   
DMH DESIGN
The issue here is that it is functional for the ambulatory, but likely preventative for those requiring any mobility assistance. I don't mind "wet rooms" as I have designed a number of them for clients with mobility issues, when space is at a premium. This version however, would appear to accommodate Olga Korbut, if she maintained her stature of the formative years. The shower valve height, the placement of the w/c in relationship to the outside wall and the tank top lav are problematic for those dealing with mobility. That being said, I would have no problem with a bath like this in a European airbnb rental--for now!
January 10, 2014 at 1:04PM   
Cape cod trim
Need ideas house trim for house and barn. Thnx
I am looking for reviews of a company named 27estore...
Tile behind chimney hood vent
The tile we have chosen for our remodel is a glass...
Help balancing rooms!
Hello. I apologize for being long winded! The room...
N-hance for floors?
Has anyone used N-hance? What are the pros and cons...