This Kitchen needs your help!
Shajira Nazir
What to do with the walls and color scheme in this kitchen? I want to keep appliances in stainless steel range but have no idea what to do with color accents. Anything from paint to tea towel suggestions welcome. Rest of house is minimalist/rationalist light greys/metallics/mirrored furniture etc. THANKS!
Liza Jane Interiors
I commented before...thank you for taking a close up of the counter top and back splash tile. Based on this, again I would go with a light, warm gray or warm cream. I would use pretty cream accents in accessories and tea towel to lighten up the space. You could also install a cute valance above sink (just make sure to hang all the way up to the ceiling).
0 Likes   Thanked by Shajira Nazir    August 16, 2013 at 12:26PM
DMH DESIGN
Shajira--I like the mosaic tile, and although I am not wild about the color, it will compliment stainless steel appliances. Odd that the cabinets do not touch the soffit--is there uplighting on top? If not, I would consider a cable light, it would be a nice effect that would illuminate that space above the upper cabinets. For the wall color, I would suggest something in the color range of the counters. The color schemes and layouts aren't exact matches to yours, although I hope they may help what it would be like to visualize the walls with some color. Happy Houzzing.
1 Like   Thanked by Shajira Nazir    August 16, 2013 at 4:38PM
macdunlap
I would consider black appliances I think stainless may blend in with your background
0 Likes   August 16, 2013 at 4:40PM
jimandleeann
I think you should use a light grey lined box pleated valance mounted all the way up to the ceiling.
0 Likes   August 16, 2013 at 4:44PM
indianpatti
Are you keeping the backsplash and counter or are you open to changing either of them?
0 Likes   August 16, 2013 at 4:54PM
Unravel Design
Definitely missing decorative accessories from window treatment to colored potted herbs will make this place feel alive.

0 Likes   August 16, 2013 at 5:01PM
Shajira Nazir
Love the idea on adding cable lighting underneath the top counters. Changing the backsplash or counter are not an option for me right now. I was hoping wall color and accessories could help as I wasn't crazy with how the combo turned out.
How do the rest of you feel about black appliances?
thanks again everybody!
S-
0 Likes   August 16, 2013 at 8:37PM
Need your help for placing kitchen rug in my dull kitchen
Is it effective to place a kitchen rug which have a...
need your help -- need a new kitchen renovation
I live in Rochester Minnesota... Wondering if Ikea...
Need help designing your new kitchen? Building 9 can help!
Bring us your room measurements for a FREE digital...
Microwave advice needed
There was an October thread about how to add an OTR...
"De-Grandma"-ing kitchen with oak cabinets
Am stuck with the cabinets for awhile. Will be adding...
Is this backsplash okay?
I bought this beautiful Turkish honed marble tile for...
Need help with front door window treatment
I have an older front door with 6 panel windows at...