NEED A SPARK FOR THIS FIREPLACE
michiemich
Help transform this fireplace to something a little more modern ...room will be updated with grey walls, black leather sofa, chrome and glass ....fireplace will be focal point for living room that opens into dining area. All dining room furniture will be changed. No tv as we have family room on same floor with widescreen etc
mveasey
Beautiful living room you have got. I would potentially take the little trim pieces off the mantle and do a marble insert and paint your brass unit black. It is not über modern... Would you prefer something more modern?
1 Like   August 16, 2013 at 5:32PM
mveasey
Also as you can see on the photo I attached, your focal point could benefit from more modern or more streamlined accessories.
0 Likes   August 16, 2013 at 5:35PM
2taniya
As it looks now it is very busy. Perhaps make the trim on the fireplace the same color as the fireplace - not black on white as it currently is. Maybe it would look good all black with your gray walls and furniture - or it could be too dark. I would try to remove the top piece of the mantel and make it all one level and put only a few BIG decorative pieces on it and not a lot of little ones. I hope this doesn't offend you but I would remove the portrait (to perhaps a bedroom or bedroom hallway) and put up a vertical picture or sculpture or other wall art to contrast with the horizontal windows. If it is a glass door in front of the fireplace I might consider replacing it with either a bigger one or a fire screen. If it is a heatilater I would probably leave it. Maybe a half round rug in front of the gray hearth.
0 Likes   August 16, 2013 at 5:37PM
2 questions I need help with. ..HW FLOOR colors & furniture
hi...im getting ready to purchase new furniture...DR...
elenacuomo
Ok it's me again, mforr are you around?
Starting a new project! Building a small house 1350...
marvymare
Need help for kitchen set
I'm not a fan of the finish for my kitchen set. Rather...
vgr611
Paint for wood trim
We are closing on a house next month and NEED to paint...
rlbistany
Would a chandelier fixture look odd over a fireplace?
I need some advice on lighting over our fireplace....
miggyz