Master bedroom re-do from scratch...help!
hoffette
August 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We just bought a king size mattress and sold our old bedroom furniture so starting over completely from scratch and it is so overwhelming! Our bedroom is not large (11x14, the longer wall is the one with the windows) and 8' ceilings.

The following are my dilemmas:
1. Bed frame- I am set on an upholstered bed frame and am trying to decide between the EQ3 B2C Upholstered bed (84w x 91d) and the EQ3 Dune Upholstered bed (86w x 96d). The Dune bed has storage underneath which I like but is 5" longer than the other bed and only leaves 3' walking space at the foot of the bed. So with the non-storage bed we would have closer to 3.5'. And if we are going to put a chest of drawers in the room (see question 2 below) we want ample walking room between it and the bed so it doesn't feel squishy. The fabric we would choose would be polo cream. Thoughts on all of this???

2. Chest of drawers - we want to use vertical space with a taller chest of drawers. Likely placed somewhere around the one picture we have hanging in our room which is next to the master bath entrance (there is 3' of space between the wall and bathroom door moulding)? Suggestions for placement and finish of a chest of drawers would be appreciated.

3. Bedside tables - the floor registers will be under these so they have to have legs or be floating units to allow air into the room. Ideas?

4. Wall colour - we want to paint the wall behind the bed, either a different accent colour/wallpaper or paint it to match the rest of the room which is currently General Paint's water cracker? Or should we paint the whole room a different colour?

5. Textiles, etc - thoughts on drapes, bedding, light fixture, addition of crown moulding? I would like a light and calming space!

We appreciate any input!!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Whispar Design
With regards to the textiles and paint, since the bed is most often the focal point of the room, some find it easier to pick the bedding/duvet set first and then pull colors from the bedding for accents./ paint. Perhaps post a photo of a duvet set that appeals to you and let the talented designers who post here go to town with ideas :)
   August 16, 2013 at 11:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoffette
Thanks for the tip, Whispar Design, maybe this is why i'm having difficulty with this space! I haven't picked out a duvet cover yet but the following are some covers I like, likely in a white or off white shade...Not a lot of pattern or colour I know! If I do put any colours in the room I would like them to be pretty muted.
http://www.desiretoinspire.net/blog/2011/5/6/nathan-and-brandis-bedroom-makeover.html

Image 3 of 14 on this site: http://www.hgtv.com/bedrooms/headboard-ideas-from-our-favorite-designers/pictures/index.html?nl=HGI_022212_featlink1&sni_mid=30569&sni_rid=30569.324.553925
http://www.livingonthechic.com/2010/01/diy-pin-tucked-duvet-cover.html
   August 17, 2013 at 4:39PM