What Color of stain should I put in my new stair
mchirin
What Color of wood stain should I do my new oak stairs
mchirin
This Is to the left from the stairs n the second floor has the
August 17, 2013 at 1:28am   
cutiesanya
bright red with some golden texture you may think of applying.
or u can play with beige/cream and brown
August 17, 2013 at 2:31am     
Matilda Bos Design Studio
HI....I would match your hardwood floors.
August 17, 2013 at 2:11pm     
Scott Design, Inc.
Key off of the dark color of the wood grain in your floors. Use a gel or thick stain such as Zar to maximize coverage.

Will you be painting the stringer (board under the end of the treads with the brackets) , risers and trim board (board against the wall) white?
August 17, 2013 at 3:28pm     
mchirin
What kind of curtain and color goes with my floor In the Living room N dining room
August 17, 2013 at 10:16pm   
Monica Towns
I recently did ours and matched the tread of the stairs to the same stain of flooring you see closet to the stairs. Paint the risers white. Spindles white and hand rail same darker stain as the floor. Happy decorating
August 17, 2013 at 11:04pm     
Monica Towns
Oops sorry my spindles are white. Yours should be dark :)
August 17, 2013 at 11:05pm     
nwduck
I think a good choice would be to stain similar to your hardwood floors. You might consider drapes in a traditional burgundy, gold and cream /pattern, hung closer to the ceiling at the large window, and tied back if you like (although panels hanging straight down is a more modern look). If I might make another suggestion? Try your console table under the art piece, flanked by the two chairs, pulled closer into the room. Move the couch across from the chairs. The seating should be closer to the coffee table. An area rug would help anchor the space. You could put your pedestal with floral arrangement at the window, centered where the drapes part.
August 17, 2013 at 11:32pm     
Scott Design, Inc.
I realize that my response may not have been clear. Your treads would be the same stain as your other oak floors. it's the railing that I would stain the darker color of the stained oak grain in the floor, particularly if the railing is not oak wood. In many cases the railing is beech and will not take the transparent stains in the same manner as oak. You will be successful in working toward a darker tone with a higher pigmented stain like Zar. It will be enough to set the beauty of the railing and balusters apart from the sea of flooring.
August 18, 2013 at 8:12am     
mchirin
Nwduck , thank you for your suggestions. I am adding more photos that I forgot to post it before with the other ones from my living room. Can you suggest how to re-arrange the furniture.
August 18, 2013 at 9:55pm   
nwduck
mchirin, thank you for the additional pictures! Now I see it is not two chairs! I think the issue may be that all the seating seems too far apart, and is really distant from your coffee table to make it of any use for guests to set a drink. What if you tried this: move the coffee table so it is reachable from the couch under the picture. Slide the armchair down into the room so it is at one end of the table at the window. Move the loveseat so it faces and is centered off the couch. Put your console table behind the loveseat. I believe there will still be an easy passage around into the seating, and to the dining room. If the space into the room seems too empty, an Oriental rug between the step down and the console would fill it.

I think you need something at the base of your electrified candelabra to hide the cords from view as you enter the room. A pot with a rather "fluffy" green plant would do the trick. You might look for an interesting painted chest at about a 36" height, or table for the corner where your chair is sitting...something eye-catching to see from the couch and dining room view. This would give you a third place to put a lamp for ambient light.

In addition to the colored drapes I mentioned earlier, I think I would change out the lampshade for something in a fine, simple fabric colored gold. I cannot tell for sure, but it looks like there is still the factory protective covering on the lampshade now, which you would want to take off this, or a new shade. They can be a fire hazard if left wrapped once you get them home. Another thing to consider would be to change up the pillows on the couch, and have only four...two in each corner. There are so many currently that it doesn't really look like you are inviting people to sit there. Non matching is fine, if you are comfortable with that. I hope this helps! :)
August 18, 2013 at 10:46pm     
mchirin
How does this chase looks in my living room, would the red/burgundy material would look good to make the curtain
September 7, 2013 at 12:34am   
What style of new windows should I put on my house?
Should I get windows with muntin bars? Full bars or...
What colour should I paint or stain my new front door?
My house is half chocolate brown and half cream. I...
what color granite should i put on my countertop
I ordered a White Kitchen with a Walnut island, what...
What color of walls should I put with my Restoration Hardware Light Si
I have dark wood built ins and ivory bedding. The open...
Any downside to succulents on a verandah?
What has been your experience in planting succulents?...
Describe Scandinavian style in one word!
Scandi might be the darling look of 2014, it's BIG....
What Colour Bar Stools?
I am trying to lighten up my kitchen with some easy...