Clear Glass shades over dining table
jilljill24
Does any one have this type of clear globe lights over their dining table?
I was wondering if they are pleasant to dine under or if they are too "glarey".
http://ab.weimgs.com/weimgs/ab/images/wcm/products/201323/0068/img41o.jpg
Pamela DeCuir Interior Designs
Very cool looking light fixture - however, looking at a bare bulb in any environment is not comfortable. If you really want to use it, then make sure to install a dimmer switch.
August 17, 2013 at 7:39AM        Thanked by jilljill24
Lightlink Lighting
It is cool, especially when off. So many lights like this are designed without thinking of
Function, of actually enjoying the experience of dining beneath them. To enhance the
Experience you'd want something your eye doesn't have to compete with, which means
Something where the light is filtered before it hits your eye rather than a bare bulb (of
Any kind: Incan, cfl, LED, it doesnt matter, it's light in your eyes). It's best to have task light
Below your eye level and focused on the event at hand...the food, glassware, centerpiece, etc.
Strategic and thoughtful (and artful) light is the most beautiful light, it enhances the entire
environment and experience. Consider beautiful room photography. That room is enhanced
By the lighting that was designed to balance and enhance certain key elements within it.
It didn't just happen to look that way, unless it's pure natural light at just the right time of day.
Any night shots would be expertly lit, or they wouldn't look Thier best. This all applies to
Any part of your home: knowing how light affects everything and doesn't fight or fatigue
Your eye. If you really love this light, consider a mini spot light buib so the light hits the table
Not your eye.
August 17, 2013 at 9:09AM      Thanked by jilljill24
jilljill24
I thought so. Back to the drawing board then! Thank you
August 17, 2013 at 12:51PM     
Lightlink Lighting
Just an example of what an exposed bulb fixture might look like over a dining area where the light is tasking the table not in your eyes.
August 18, 2013 at 3:09PM      Thanked by jilljill24
Need Help Choosing Mirror and Sconces for Tired Bathroom
I am in the process of remodeling my small guest bathroom....
Kitchen
I live in hot and humid Houston, and my kitchen is...
Update a family room
I want to modernize my family room and take it out...
Kitchen color redo
Just bought this home! Need to make this kitchen work...
Help with a paint color
does anyone know of a color that pairs well with SW...