spencerbetz
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan. After a year, they decided to come back to California. They Skyped me 6 weeks before coming back because the 'wife' had found this Rococo bedroom set that she just had to have. Now, there's no FedEx, Wire or Mail service at Playa Del Carmen where they were. The wife begged me to go pay for this set that was advertised on Craigslist for $3000 'hand painted, from Italy, cost $15,000 new. ... I say no, but the husband Skypes me the next morning and after much debate back and forth with me repeating over and over 'You are moving into an apartment!!! You can't afford it AND it won't fit... He to begs me to please just go pay for it and they will repay me as soon as they get here. I looked at this bedroom set and thought it the ugliest think I had ever seen... Look like a dated set from some 80's Italian mobster movie to me... I buckled and went and paid for it. Of course, as soon as they got here, they stated they had run into additional expenses and asked if I would take payments over the next several months...

Hindsight is 20/20... I said 'No... that I wouldn't have bought that for myself and now they want to make payments?' SO.. it is sitting in my garage and every time I go to get in my car not only do I have to look at it, it is a reminder that it ended a friendship of 20 years...

I put it on Craigslist... but no offers... go figure... this is a specialty item and you either love it or hate it... Thinking maybe if I painted it, it might grow on me, I called a couple of furniture re-finishers and both said they wouldn't touch it, that it's a work of art... Well, it's not art to me the way it sits.

I'm moving into a new house I bought in just less than two weeks... SO... I decided to turn to HOUZZ members for advice. I've read about a lacquer made by Amy Howard that is suppose to be easy to use. But even then... what to do with this thing... I've decided that if i can figure out what to do with it to make it gorgeous, I will put it in my new and very large master suite... I'm including additional photos that show my new bedroom & bath... The room is even larger than it appears and has 9' ceilings... Okay Members... bring it on!
pegjustpeg
That's for sure, Marjie. There's still a lot to learn and sadly, there is a shame stigma still attached to mental illness. It's better, but still there, so a lot of people don't seek help.
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 16, 2014 at 10:20PM
Maggie Andersen
Try painting it all white-white or all heirloom white. What have you got to lose? You don't like it as is. Lose the metallic gold. This will take it from overdone castle to a more vintage cottage. Easier to work with. Walls sort of neutral sky blue with white woodwork. A really large, colorful European coastal village scene over the bed or in a prominent place framed very simply. I would go watercolor looking prints and not oil painting look, You need light and airy, For bed linens, think eclectic version of Country French, vintage cottage, Scandinavian Country.. No velvet, satin or beige lace! Try to avoid seating pieces with wood that conflicts, Upholstered ottoman, chaise or love seat with no wood showing would be nice. Pick fabric prints that are splashy and fun! Balance prints with some solids and bold stripes in colors you love. Don't be afraid of painting the set. Even if you still end up hating it, it will have a lot more resale value as a vintage cottage set than overdone castle. If you do a dressing table area, do simple shelf with ottoman seat. Nothing that competes with this. I think you might end up with something really cool and unique. If you still hate it, it will be easier to unload vintage cottage in a consignment shop, You would be playing to a more receptive audience. Shame on the furniture guy who tried to give you a guilt trip for wanting to change it. People like that immobilize other people's creativity. This challenge will take courage.
    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 2:02AM
BLee
no, no, paint it black!
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 10:41AM
zazfuzzroc
Glossy black? ;)
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 11:19AM
BLee
Furry black - after some consideration, I have decided black and white zebra stripes will be perfect, to keep the leopards happy.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 11:24AM
zazfuzzroc
Good thinking BLee! :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 11:26AM
zazfuzzroc
I know you're better, but how's the footsie? And did you catch a cold? I thought I heard mention of that? Hope you're okay. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 11:28AM
licksch
Rofl...
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 2:18PM
BLee
Hi Zaz et all - broken ankle healed; sprained knee still needs support, so I stroll around in my clunky knee brace another 4 weeks. Cold about over, achoo! Clearing debris achoo! scattered about from past ….. yikes, a little over 6 weeks. Nice collection of top soil here in my apartment, so I am cleaning gently … I am curious what seeds I planted, since my memory only stretches back 7 to 10 days. Hopefully wildflowers for early spring.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 8:21PM
zazfuzzroc
BLee, glad you're a bit better. :) Don't feel bad...I'm lucky if I remember last nights dinner. lol :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 8:30PM
marjie1059
Bought turkeys today, one for Mom's celebration this weekend with my sisters, one for Thanksgiving at our house next week. Just curious....what do you pay for turkey at this time of year? I paid 69 cents/pound today--that is the cheapest I will find it anywhere.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 8:36PM
marjie1059
Am pleased--one sister is bringing two pies...good...now I can cross that off my list. (I'm the only one living close to Mom, so I tie up the loose ends.) I don't mind making pies....it's just more things to do, when there's enough already.
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 8:38PM
zazfuzzroc
I saw them for 59cents. :) I wait because I got a 20 or so lb turkey for $7 to $8 last year. I bought two. Couldn't resist. Who says turkey is only for holidays, right?
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 8:44PM
zazfuzzroc
Really? Now, you know I'm Italian, but I do like the thanksgiving's day feast. Make them get you some from somewhere. :(
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 9:12PM
zazfuzzroc
Ali... check it out.....http://www.houzz.com/discussions/1285862/this-train-is-off-the-rails
    Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 9:45PM
Mike
BLee,
I must say how impressed I am with all of these postings. You must be a very well liked person. Best of luck to you in your recovery. It is great to have friends that care!
7 Likes    Bookmark   November 18, 2014 at 7:43PM
BLee
A sweet bouquet! Many thanks! I was on our Houzz trip to Nashville, minding my own business on a Segway … another backed into me and I was aloft. 8 wonderful ladies rallied around, 2 of whom accompanied me on a long walk from restaurant to taxi - if you must break an ankle and/or sprain a knee, I recommend Nashville - Extraordinary cab drivers {one never set his meter], most of hotel staff out to greet me with a lovely just-my-size wheelchair, no-charge bedtime wine for me and roomie, breakfast in bed … pampered!
6 Likes    Bookmark   November 18, 2014 at 8:38PM
nwduck
Prince, your assumption is correct. BLee is a lovely lady on line and in person, and well worth our care.
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 18, 2014 at 8:51PM
Ali
Hi Prince! Welcome. You are so right about BLee, she's a true joy. Enjoy a drink on the houzz. It's our roccoette specialty...a leopolitan. :)
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 18, 2014 at 9:10PM
BLee
had to take my hat off - head seems too big!

Hello Spencer - hope you are enjoying your guests! Photos?
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 19, 2014 at 9:01AM
Ali
Hellooo...echo, echo, echo. Hmmm...everyone must be busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. Well take a load off your feet, sit down and rest a moment. Here's a nice hot cup of tea to warm you up, or perhaps you'd prefer a glass of wine to wind down with. Oh and how about a fall bouquet of flowers to feast your eyes on. And lastly a few logs on the fire to take the chill out of air. Enjoy...
6 Likes    Bookmark   November 20, 2014 at 6:50AM
zazfuzzroc
Thanks Ali.... my coffee was getting cold. ;) Good morning. :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 20, 2014 at 7:00AM
Ali
One last thing...this is to put a smile on your face.
7 Likes    Bookmark   November 20, 2014 at 7:07AM
Ali
Morning Zazzy! My coffee is getting cold too, might have to nuke it. :) Btw, I want that bird. LOL
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 20, 2014 at 7:09AM
moggie73
Ali, thank you for the warmth and the best laugh of my morning. Loving that bird!
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 20, 2014 at 9:50AM
Ali
:)
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 20, 2014 at 9:52AM
BLee
:-D Laughter is contagious!
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 20, 2014 at 10:41AM
BLee
wild turkeys gobbling gobbling at China Camp, SF Bay Area - a favorite camping spot.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 20, 2014 at 10:44AM
Depo SD
Ali, thank you for the laugh! I've got to share that with my granddaughter, she loves birds.
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 20, 2014 at 3:49PM
marjie1059
Ali, I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering how you were doing, looking at the snow outside, standing at the door with my coffee in hand, thinking how I would like to be able to sit outside and have my coffee (with a friend, of course). I'll go out, well-wrapped up if it's cold, but the snow would get my blanket all wet, so not this week.
Thanks for the pictures...that fireplace looks lovely, doesn't it? Would like that in my house. *sigh*
That bird is crazy. (Where *do* you people get these pics and clips?!)
6 Likes    Bookmark   November 20, 2014 at 9:45PM
Ali
Depo, I don't think I have ever watched a video that made me laugh as much as that one did. The bird's name is Pebbles and I'm sure your granddaughter will get a big kick out of it. :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 2:56AM
Ali
Marjie, I'm doing okay, I guess. Some days better than others. Thank you for asking. :)

It's been very cold here but has warmed up some. All bundled up against the cold I was able to enjoy my coffee on the back porch this morning. I just love the smell of fresh air.

I get silly videos emailed to me daily from Someecards and 1Funny.com. You know what they say...laughter is the best medicine!
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 3:06AM
Ali
All you have to do to have a handsome man in his senior years enter into your life from the comforts of your home is to approach the tender age of 65. Yes, your birth date is in a medicare salesmen's data base.

And there I sat staring into his gorgeous blue eyes, not listening to a word he said. Into everyone's life a little happiness prevails. Heaven sent he was. I sat there just like this...
6 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 4:40AM
Ali
Lust and love...sigh.
#t=101
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 5:02AM
zazfuzzroc
Hi Ali, hope you're having a nice day. :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 7:16AM
BLee
Good morning - everyone, please have a nice day!
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 7:58AM
zazfuzzroc
You too BLee! ;)
1 Like    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 8:00AM
Ali
Hi Zazzy, just woke up from a nap. So yep, I'm having a good day. How's the kitchen coming? or shouldn't I ask. LOL
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 8:18AM
Ali
Hi BLee, hope your day is funtastic!
1 Like    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 8:19AM
licksch
Hi peeps... I've been a bit crazy here dealing with the bank assessing my house and the volunteer work that I'm doing.

Had a fabulous time listening to Blackie and the rodeo Kings. Went out with friends on Tuesday night to a lounge. My friends bought me dinner and it was delicious. Sunday is my actual birthday and I'm turning 65. Let's see if I can post a link so that you can hear them. I actually got to shake hands with the lead singer Steven he was standing right by the door as I came in around 6 PM. I felt like a real groupie.
6 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 4:02PM
licksch
Here's the link… It was such a treat to see these guys play

Hopefully you can get it to show up.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 4:08PM
Ali
Licksch, sounds like you had a fabulous time. I enjoyed listening to the song...thanks for posting it. Any medicare supplement insurance agents knocking on your door? They've found me! LOL
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 4:22PM
Ali
HAPPY 65th BIRTHDAY, LICKSCH!
11 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 4:49PM
BLee
Nice guitar work - I also enjoyed. Happy 65th.I make it to 3/4 of a century next Wednesday, and yes, I still feel young.
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 4:52PM
Ali
Well golly gee BLee...

HAPPY 75th BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
6 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 5:25PM
zazfuzzroc
Happy Birthday BLee!!!!!! :D
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 5:55PM
zazfuzzroc
Happy Birthday Licksch, you share your birthday with the most important and influential person.......that was ever in my life.... my grandfather. :) And though he's not here anymore, I'm glad to know someone who shares that day. Made me smile. ;)
7 Likes    Bookmark   November 21, 2014 at 6:04PM
licksch
Looks like we have a small Sagittarian club here. I'm wondering what signs everybody is? I'm a Sag, so is BLee, who is out there?
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 5:28AM
BLee
PINK FROSTING, LITERATE CUPCAKES! WOW!!!!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 7:40AM
Depo SD
Virgo here.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 7:49AM
zazfuzzroc
Pieces here. ;)
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 9:22AM
Ali
Pieces here too! 65 in March. :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 10:02AM
Ali
BLee, tee hee. :D
1 Like    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 10:06AM
Ali
Zazzy, so we really are twins, but some may say that sounds fishy! LOL
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 10:22AM
zazfuzzroc
Yay Ali.... see I told ya! :) Though we're not fishy. ;)
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 10:27AM
Ali
For Licksch and BLee, just a little birthday card from me to you...inside message:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROCOCOETTES!
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 10:49AM
Ali
Zazzy, then explain this photo of us...hmmm...
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 10:57AM
moggie73
BLee, I am not sure if I will be home Wednesday so sending you an early Birthday Greeting. Have a wonderful day! Hugs.
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 12:06PM
Ali
Moggie...sending special wishes for Mr. Moggs...
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 12:39PM
LB Interiors
Pisces also Ali and Zazz :)

Happy Happy Birthday to two very special women. OOOps BLee and Ali.
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 12:46PM
Ali
Wow, another Pisces among us!
LB...I think you meant your birthday greeting to BLee vs. me. Mine's not till March. :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 1:46PM
jenkins54
I think you should keep it the way it is. Make the bedroom French shabby or what ever. It is different and no one will have another one like it. I think all the art work on it is beautiful . It would be a shame if you change it.
    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 2:17PM
Ali
.
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 2:28PM
zazfuzzroc
LOL :D
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 3:12PM
everdebz
Is that a screaming computer programmer-- or me?
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 3:18PM
everdebz
Somehow don't think you're looking for a rug, but if your room is large?

2 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 3:22PM
everdebz
@Ali, @Zaz, is that what You look like too, at times?! tee hee
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 3:26PM
zazfuzzroc
@everdebz, I was like that all day! I had to assemble the minions to clean. LOL :D
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 3:52PM
everdebz
uh, how many of those do you have? :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 3:58PM
LB Interiors
Sorry Ali and BLee, yes the wish was for BLee. Got confused.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 4:00PM
zazfuzzroc
@everdebz....in total there are five people in my house including me. But I'm the bossy one. ;) I run the show.... if not .....they all lag worse than Comcast internet. LOL ;D
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 4:07PM
Ali
I want minions, too. :(

And that is a look of surprise on the computer programmers face in response to the previous comment.

AT&T internet is the worst. Fact.
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 5:00PM
pickyvicky
Leo here! Any other Leo's?
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 5:12PM
I am a Leo;)
6 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 5:27PM
OH- I just read it is Blee's birthday coming soon;) Happiest of Birthday's Blee!!! Say no to hang gliding;))
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 5:29PM
LB Interiors
Picyvicky & Margo, my very very best friend was a Leo....
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 6:02PM
pickyvicky
Wow, I'm in good company! I love being a Leo.
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 6:06PM
fissfiss
It's like 27 comments too late, but I believe you can ask for the more modest Muslim lady gown at the hospital.....
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 6:19PM
Ali
Fiss...huh? What hospital, what gown, what Muslim lady? LOL I am so confused...
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 6:31PM
licksch
So... Two Sagittarius which is blee and myself, two Pisces which is Allie and Zaz, and three Leo's? Now I've lost track.

And then there's a couple Virgos in there too. Interesting.

So far the birthday celebrations have managed to go on all week… With Blackie and the rodeo Kings on Tuesday and getting taken out to dinner and then being taken out for brunch today and then again tomorrow… Bring on the food!
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 6:34PM
licksch
No three Pisces; LB is a Pisces also, depo is a Virgo, and then we have two Leo's. Margo and Pickyvicky.

BLee and I are Sag.

Did I get that right?
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 6:38PM
elenacuomo
I might be late with my comment but if u still have this furniture there is a gal on FB that does awesome refurbished furniture. she specializes in this look. n these pcs r hard to get here in NJ. anyways my suggestion is. Take a look at her stuff maybe she can teach u how u can finish it yo look like the masterpcs she creates. if u want her name let me know. good luck
    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 6:42PM
Ali
Licksch, you are correct. And wow, you lucky birthday girl. Save me some of that birthday cake. :D
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 7:00PM
fissfiss
Ali, you posted a picture of a critter in a hospital gown this afternoon! For Mr. Moggie....I was just commenting that here in Maine, we now have special more modest gowns for our local Muslim ladies! I think we should have a revolution and insist on them for everyone!
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 8:19PM
Ali
Fiss, whew I thought I was going crazy for a second...thanks for explaining. In the UK they are coming out with this style pictured below. No worries about bed hair, having no make up on...why no one would even know who you are!
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 8:40PM
Ali
I wear my own nightgowns in the hospital. Heck, I walk in wearing my nightgown. LOL
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 8:51PM
Ali
For Mr. Moggie...
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 24, 2014 at 3:19PM
Ali
With Thanksgiving Day fast approaching I just wanted to send this your way... :)
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 24, 2014 at 4:22PM
pegjustpeg
Oh, sweet Ali, thank you for the lovely prayer. That we'd all keep it in our minds and hearts during all the hustle and such of the holiday season. That's it in a nutshell.

Please, remember to keep the people of Ferguson Mo in your prayers.
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 24, 2014 at 4:32PM
marjie1059
Ali, that has been one of my favorite poems that always gets read when the book I'm reading to _______ (fill in the blank with child or grandchild name here) features this. Thank you for posting this!
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 24, 2014 at 8:18PM
auntiebuzzybee
Moggie, honey, the sun will be up soon on that day you and Mr. Moggs have long waited for. When you are sitting in the waiting room, close your eyes and feel the circle of friends gathered around you. I will hold you hand as will others. I have counted down to this day and now, it is out of your hands. You must sit and let the quiet be. This is it. This is where new begins. You will be in my heart and thoughts. Hug on Mr. Mogs for me. Prayers and love, b.
6 Likes    Bookmark   November 25, 2014 at 1:59AM
Depo SD
Moggie, woke up with thoughts and prayers for Mr. Moggie and you.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 25, 2014 at 7:23AM
glschisler
Moggie, thoughts & prayers for DH, & a healthy recovery!
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 25, 2014 at 8:13AM
BLee
For the past few days, in that fog while coming awake, I have asked myself "is this Tuesday?" Today it is Tuesday, and I am with you Moggie.
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 25, 2014 at 10:09AM
licksch
Mr. Mogs...and Moggie...
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 25, 2014 at 3:04PM
licksch
BLee...

:)
7 Likes    Bookmark   November 25, 2014 at 3:05PM
zazfuzzroc
How is spencer? Hope the home decor is coming along. Have a great thanksgiving's day! :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 25, 2014 at 5:50PM
Ali
BLee...
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 25, 2014 at 9:46PM
Ali
.
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 3:05AM
Depo SD
Happiest of birthdays BLee!!!
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 7:40AM
zazfuzzroc
Happy Birthday Blee! Have a great day!!!! And many, many, many more wonderful birthdays to come! :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 8:14AM
BLee
My first birthday celeb with all my wonderful new friends. Thank you!

Forwarded News: DepoSD writes to tell us that Tiffany is OK and still recovering from her illness. Good News.
7 Likes    Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 10:18AM
edithsmom
Happy Birthday BLee...my goal is to remain as active and engaged as you in a few years (I just turned 70). Every day when I awaken, I am a little surprised and know how fortunate I am...and I have the thought that you also awaken that way.
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 1:50PM
Roxana Bentea
Where can I buy something like that?
1 Like    Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 1:55PM
Ali
Craigslist.
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 5:58PM
marjie1059
Happy Thanksgiving, all, as we reflect on the many blessings we have been given, though our lives are so varied. May your blessing list be l-o-n-g.
9 Likes    Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 8:26PM
Ali
Amen. :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 8:33PM
LB Interiors
Moggie, best to your Hubby!!
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 8:43PM
marjie1059
Ali, how's your seafaring brother doing? Has he recovered from his race yet? Is he planning a new adventure? (My kids tell me I ask too many questions.)
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 9:21PM
Rizal CV Furniture jepara
we specialis mek this vanity.. :D
    Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 10:34PM
flyingartcher
Milk paint, chalk paint or mineral paint! These will allow you to let bits of color show thru. If you use candle wax on the spots you want to show thru it will chip or sand off those spots easily. You could then match your night tables with the same colour
    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 7:37AM
zazfuzzroc
Happy Thanksgiving's day! Have a great time today! :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 8:34AM
Happy Thanksgiving Spencer and all the Rococo Houzzer's;))
7 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 9:04AM
Ali
Meet, Diamond, our 4 month old puppy. That's my sons voice in the video.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY! :)

6 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 9:26AM
moggie73
Love you all. Mr. Moggie and I are home. Surgery went really well. Post-op pain and swelling are tough, but, We both are relieved and see improvement already. In a few weeks he will be getting around like a fabulous vintage car. A GTO? An, XKE? A Karman Gia?
I am so thankful!!! Happy Thanksgiving to my wonderful friends. Wishing you all good health and sending hugs.
10 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 11:26AM
Ali
Moggie, what wonderful news and it is a truly blessed Thanksgiving for you both. :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 11:31AM
zazfuzzroc
Glad to hear that moggie!!!! :) Have a wonderful day. :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 11:49AM
Depo SD
Moggie, so glad to hear about Mr.! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 12:00PM
glschisler
Moggie, great news about DH! Funny that you mention XKE. my DH just bought a 2000 XK8. A cool looking car but it looses its coolness if anybody sees us getting in or out of it! :)
9 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 1:11PM
Ali
marjie, my brother said he had a fantastic voyage! Here are some photos of their rally and the last two are when they were approaching their final destination and then enjoying a glass of champagne in celebration. But there is one photo in particular...it's of the rainbow in the sky. So yes, my mother was there to protect them. :)
9 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 3:57PM
Ali
Land Ho!
10 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 4:07PM
marjie1059
Well, ali, how cool is that? Thanks for the pics. They make it look like a fun adventure. That rainbow is certainly something to make you stop and think, isn't it? And they both look very healthy and happy. Glad they enjoyed it, even though he didn't get there first.
6 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 4:08PM
zazfuzzroc
Ali, we all enjoyed looking at those pictures. Very cool! :) The one of your mom watching over them was especially beautiful! Thanks for sharing that with us. ;) Hope you had something good to eat. :)
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 5:45PM
Ali
Zazzy, glad you liked the pictures. I was in awe when I saw the one with rainbow. :)

They promised me turkey at Christmas. A-n-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-i-o-n...

Those desserts of yours looked absolutely scrumptious and I bet your dinner was even more delectable. Let me wipe this green with envy off my face... LOL
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 6:11PM
Ali
marjie, I wondering what type of fish my niece is holding. Yea, that rainbow photo really makes me wonder. Uncanny.
6 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 6:14PM
Ali
This is what was so uncanny about the rainbow picture...I had posted this picture below for fun while he was at sea and Moggie wrote...

moggie73
Ali, I think of your pic as your Mom's rainbow. She is cheering, too.
4 Likes November 14, 2014 at 1:28PM

Then he actually took a photo while they were at sea of a rainbow. Just shaking my head here.
8 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 6:25PM
zazfuzzroc
That's really cool. I remember that. Oh...I didn't have the heart to show you any turkey. I figured you would get dessert though. ;) Yay for you Christmas turkey. :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 6:37PM
BLee
Of course Diamond is smart … any puppy with such lovely freckles is automatically smart.
1 Like    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 7:04PM
Ali
Zazzy, can you post just one photo of the turkey? I bet I could smell the aroma from a photo. :D
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 7:09PM
Ali
BLee, she sure does have freckles. I'm not a huge dog lover but she is growing on me. They should have named her Spot. LOL
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 7:11PM
zazfuzzroc
I can't do that Ali. :(
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 7:24PM
Ali
Zazzy, oh woe is me. :( sniffle
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 7:32PM
zazfuzzroc
Don't cry Ali. I also can't show you how the carnivores tore it apart. lol :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 8:12PM
Ali
Zazzy, LOL
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 9:05PM
BLee
Sniff really really hard, Ali … even this morning I can still smell my friend's San Francisco turkey, and then I can see it!
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 7:28AM
LB Interiors
Great to hear about a successful surgery, Moggie!!!
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 11:33AM
LB Interiors
Ali, thanks for the sailing trip photos, Brother looks great! After all that hard work. That Rainbow tells us something very Special, doesn't it?
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 11:39AM
moggie73
Hoping you dear people had a lovely Thanksgiving! Yesterday, we had a small version of our traditional dinner, just the two of us. Hubby's neck is still swollen and hurts to swallow, but it was so grand to be home and far, far away from hospital broth.
Tomorrow will be the delayed, real deal dinner with our kids. I think I have everything ready.
Of course I will forget something. Who cares? Today is our Anniversary. (Bonus!)
Thank you all for your kind wishes. I remain thankful for each of you.
Ali ... Rainbows all around.
10 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 11:58AM
LB Interiors
Moggie and Hubby ,,,,,,,, A GREAT BIG ANNIVERSARY WISH to BOTH of You!!!!!!!!!!
Sending Love and Hugs!!
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 12:23PM
Depo SD
Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Moggie!!!!
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 12:50PM
pickyvicky
Moggie, Happy Anniversary! How special!
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 2:48PM
licksch
Thanks for the rainbow story. And the sailing pics are great. I know my son who is a sailor out in Vancouver would love them. It must've been really exciting to finally see land. How many days did the trip take?

Happy turkey day everyone…
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 5:28PM
licksch
Meanwhile, does anybody know what Spencer is up to? Is she okay?
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 5:29PM
pegjustpeg
Happy Anniversary Mog couple! Many, many more! Glad you are extending your TDay celebration another day.

Ali, great pics of bro and niece and their sail boat. Makes sense Mom was there the entire trip! Protecting and enjoying.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 5:41PM
Ali
Moggie...
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 9:06PM
Ali
Licksch, glad you enjoyed the photos. My brother was at sea for 11 days and had the time of his life. Best part was he got to share it with his daughter. :)

How exciting that your son is a sailor. Does he own a boat? Perhaps he too would enjoy a rally such as the one my brother did.
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 9:14PM
Ali
Depo, how the heck are you?
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 9:16PM
Ali
Hi LB! Hoping you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 9:17PM
Ali
Peg, it was I who ate your turtle candy off your tray. So yummy. Please forgive? :D
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 9:20PM
marjie1059
Happy anniversary, Moggie and Mr. Moggie! Prayers continue for speedy recovery; glad to hear of progress.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 9:53PM
BLee
Anniversary/Successful surgery/Two Thanksgiving dinners, all in one week! You have so much to be thankful for.
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 29, 2014 at 10:30AM
Depo SD
Licksch, Spencer is busy working but is doing great. She spent Thanksgiving with friends doing a progressive dinner.

Ali, I'm fine. Spent Thanksgiving up at my MIL's. Had a great time with the family.
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 29, 2014 at 5:06PM
Ali
Depo, that's wonderful to hear. :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 29, 2014 at 5:16PM
licksch
Ali, my son belongs to a sailing cooperative that has a number of boats in the Vancouver area at various marinas. It's very expensive to own a boat but particularly in Vancouver because the moorings cost a fortune.

As members of the cooperative they work on boat maintenance and put in a certain number of hours per year and they get to sign out the boats. The boats are well-maintained, I've sailed out with them, when I have visited in Vancouver. Sailing is a lot of work!

He and his wife are working on their international yachting certification levels. You likely know about that.

He doesn't have enough experience to sail for 11 days across the ocean. At least I don't think he does.
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 29, 2014 at 6:14PM
Ali
Licksch, yes I know it is very expensive to own a boat. I once saw a check my brother had written out to the marina where his boat was docked and my mouth dropped.

Your son is very fortunate to belong to a sailing cooperative and I would imagine he gets a lot of hands on training. I wish he and his wife the best of luck with their certification. Someday soon though he'll be ready for that journey across the ocean.
1 Like    Bookmark   November 29, 2014 at 6:34PM
marjie1059
Ocean?! Wow!
1 Like    Bookmark   November 29, 2014 at 7:15PM
marjan
سلام میشه نمونه نور پردازی
1 Like    Bookmark   November 30, 2014 at 4:10AM
BLee
Everyone, including Spencer and BLee, is busy, I guess - no comments since Sunday! The 1st week of December is insane here: Celebrated friends' 50th anniversary Monday / Lunch with another birthday girl today, bussed home and then stopped by at a 'giving to music party' at a nearby church, especially pleasant because many friends there whom I have not seen in months [none worried since word got around in the music world that I was hobbled] / Wednesday the patrons' Christmas party at the art museum / Thursday the opening night of a show by an exciting dance ensemble / Friday a noon film about the Brit National Gallery, then a concert PM / Saturday the symphony and Sunday I stay home, probably just a shadow of my usual energetic self. Having a wonderful time getting out after a somewhat reclusive autumn.
For my combined birthday-Thanksgiving-Christmas- New Year celebrations, I splurged on a rug, all over peacocks and flowers, impossible to describe so I'll send photo [hopefully]. It is round, just the right size [5",6" diameter] to fit near the edge of my deco rug with the border still showing. After I can't remember how many years the rug is quite worn where my heavy recliner used to sit and in the center. I am also gradually changing my color scheme from muted Autumnal colors, and adding a new colorful rug, as well as lot of jewel tone accessories. In the spring the old rug may move on to its third owner via my favorite thrift shop; because all the wear is in or close to the center it would be fine in a dining room with an ordinary size dining table, or under a large coffee table. First time I will live with light/bright colors and mostly pale natural wood … I am excited.
Office decor waiting, delayed by all the boxes I can't yet lift; and right now just the sight of a ladder scares me witless. I also want to browse for some teardrop shaped shiny ornaments for my chandelier amongst the plethora of Christmas stuff that shows up at my bin stores.
Plenty of fun jobs to keep me out of trouble!
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 2, 2014 at 8:57PM
Ali
Hi BLee! I'm excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of your new bright and cheery rug. And yeah...please stay off a ladder!! :D
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 6:33PM
glschisler
Beach theme CHRISTMAS tree in our condo lobby. I just put a small white tree in our dining room window, but I haven't gotten it out of the closet yet.
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 7:17PM
Ali
glschisler, what a beautiful tree. My tree is still in my closet too. And at the rate I am going I'm afraid it won't make its merry way out of there either. On the positive side...in 23 days it won't matter. LOL
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 7:25PM
Martha Carlton
Maybe a movie set design company or studio could find a use for it. They store a lot of interesting stuff and that is certainly interesting. You can also rent it for movies etc. good luck!
    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 7:28PM
LB Interiors
Uh oh .............
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 7:53PM
Ali
LOL
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 8:01PM
zazfuzzroc
How are you ladies tonight? :)
    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 8:15PM
glschisler
It was warm here today. Like 73, then around 2 PM The fog rolled in! Crazy!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 9:19PM
Cathy Voelker
Take the payments from your ex-friends. They would have paid you back by now and still been friends of over 20 yrs! It is actually a stunning piece of furniture if the rest of the house matches, or if you live in Versailles. Eat crow instead of the furniture.
    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 10:19PM
Depo SD
Oh puleeeeeese!!
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 10:22PM
Depo SD
Speaking of Christmas trees in closets, I took my little white one out of the condo closet today and it had turned a tan color!!! It looked burned! I know it didn't look like that when I put it away last year. The pic is from a couple of years ago. I think "Uncle Buck" will be my only decor this year.
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 10:27PM
zazfuzzroc
Depo, lol :) My garland is tan too. :D
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 10:54PM
Depo SD
Zaz, is your garland supposed to be tan, or was it once white? We have been trying to figure out what happened to it. It is 4 yrs old.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 11:03PM
zazfuzzroc
Depo, nope, it was a nice white. I noticed the same thing with my white flocked green garland too. When I stored them in cardboard boxes, they were fine, but when I switched and bought all new plastic/storage containers that's when I started to see the change. Pretty nasty, tinted garland. I'm not sure which looks worse the flocked that looks like it was left out for animals to coat.....or the white garland that looks dirty??? Terrible. :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 11:11PM
LB Interiors
Depo, love the tree and Mr Buck!!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 3, 2014 at 11:38PM
Depo SD
Zaz, mine was in cardboard, I thought that was what caused it. My daughter thought it was scorched from the sun, the window I used it in faces W and we get very intense afternoon sun. I guess both theories were wrong after hearing about yours.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 4, 2014 at 9:00AM
zazfuzzroc
Depo, Oh no.... Just when I thought I figured out something??? LOL :D
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 4, 2014 at 9:17AM
Ali
I love Uncle Buck. He's certainly a fashion statement. LOL
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 4, 2014 at 3:07PM
glschisler
Cool looking Buck Depo. I hope my little white tree doesn't change colors. It is in a cardboard box in a Rubbermaid tub. The tree is 4 or 5 yrs. old. Oh well, another day...sigh. I have a very fragrant pine candle burning now. Pretty nice!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 4, 2014 at 5:56PM
Depo SD
I hope your tree doesn't change either L. Ours is 3 yrs old. I was going to use it anyway, but our DD asked if she could have it. She has fabulous decorating skills so I know she'll play up the tan to her advantage.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 4, 2014 at 7:52PM
marjie1059
No artificial tree here. No tree at all for about 25 years, but the last few years we have gotten one from a local tree farm. We tagged our tree last Saturday...don't know what day we will get it. After the semester is done for several people here....and ACT for teenager is over...whew.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 4, 2014 at 9:01PM
nwduck
Last year our local newspaper ran a story about a young dad starting a service called "Stress Free Christmas Tree". You order the size and type of tree you want. He tags one at a tree farm. A day or so before you want it, he and his brother go cut it down, bring it to your house and put it in the tree stand for you. Additional removal service if you want it. We did it last year AND IT WAS FABULOUS. Totally did it again.
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 4, 2014 at 9:07PM
marjie1059
What a great idea, nw! How much do they charge for that service? I can so see that being a wild success--people who love the fresh trees, but can't go get them and put them up themselves. (That will be me in 30 years.)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 4, 2014 at 9:15PM
fissfiss
But if you hire Mr. Stress Free, how will modern darling children ever learn how many bad words Daddy knows? Another good old fashioned holiday tradition bites the dust!
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 5, 2014 at 5:33AM
fissfiss
And to all those who admired those beautiful $350 cowhides in Kansa City with me? IKEA has them for $199, at least in Boston.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 5, 2014 at 5:38AM
pegjustpeg
Depo and Zaz, MIL has a white tree also. About 7 yrs old. She puts it in South facing window, stores in original cardboard box in garage rafters. Last year when I set it up for her, it had started turning the brown color too! Went ahead with the decorating and it was fine. Put a load of ornaments on it, so hid the brown color! Ha this year it was worse. So now we have several possible causes, sun, cardboard storage, temperature extremes......hmmm.....maybe they just turn naturally, whatever we do with them. No more white decorations for her or me!
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 5, 2014 at 10:47AM
Depo SD
OK Peg, now I know not to buy another one! Seems universal. My mother had a white tree when I was growing up, but it was the heavy plastic kind and never turned. Of course, that was before things were made in China.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 5, 2014 at 11:42AM
glschisler
Too funny Peg!
Nw, the one time we went to a tree farm, found the perfect tree on the side of the hill, had it cut. Put it in the stand & it was tilted! I thought it was hilarious, DH took it down 2 days later & put it curbside for the trash men! Then we went & got a 7 1/2 ft artificial tree. :)
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 5, 2014 at 11:46AM
licksch
That's a great service, putting up real trees for people.

As far as those white ones turning brown goes that's pretty weird. What about spray painting them?
1 Like    Bookmark   December 5, 2014 at 2:17PM
Depo SD
Licksch, I thought about getting that canned flocking and spraying the white/brown tree, but it's pre-lit and I'm waaaay too lazy to mask each bulb! Gave it to DD, now its her problem, lol!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 5, 2014 at 5:42PM
moggie73
Miss you peeps. Mr. is having a bit of a rough road recovering from his surgery. Think we can see it in the distance.
Love seeing your holiday decorating.
I will do a bit more, just in time to take it down. LOL.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 7, 2014 at 12:50PM
Ali
Hi Moggie...I'm sorry hubby is having a hard time. I knew it would be a tough road for him because my husband had the same surgery. Swallowing was the hardest for my husband because how they ah...ensemble your throat afterwards, so to say. He couldn't swallow anything for quite awhile, but that soon will pass. Just stay positive and soon he'll be making you morning coffee. :) Hugs.
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 7, 2014 at 1:07PM
moggie73
Aw, Ali, you are so sweet. Thank you. He can swallow pretty well, the bleeding and pain are the looming issues for now.
Have been thinking of you all day. Sending you a rainbow from the Flatlands. Hugs.
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 7, 2014 at 1:16PM
LB Interiors
Best wishes to Mr Moggie!
We do a lot of outside decorating here in California. Just started a couple of days ago, here and there. Inside too. Weather is nice after 2 days of rain... but was told more? Hmmmm. I bought a battery operated garland for my mantle. So much easier than the one I had with hiding extension cord :) Trying to find a place just for the old garland without the lights.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 7, 2014 at 1:20PM
LB Interiors
Moggie, gorgeous rainbow. Great for all those that are in the snow right now!
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 7, 2014 at 1:21PM
gimmesomesugar
Somebody posted a link to a medscape article about Alzheimer's. It sounded really good and now I can't find it. Can it be re-posted??
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 7, 2014 at 1:48PM
BLee
Moggie, seeing that luscious rainbow convinced me that Mr. M will feel better very soon.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 7, 2014 at 3:59PM
Ali
Moggie, Oh my a rainbow, so beautiful. Thank you for being so sweet and thoughtful.. :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 7, 2014 at 4:14PM
Ali
gimmesomesugar, are you sure the Alzheimer's article link was posted here because I went back and looked. But I did find this if it helps... http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1134817-treatment
1 Like    Bookmark   December 7, 2014 at 4:22PM
nwduck
Just chiming back in. Marjie, the tree is $100 for a 7' Grand Fir...waaaay more than we used to pay going to the tree farm and cutting ourselves. Since we don't have a little truck anymore, doing that is a non-starter. Plus, I'm the only one that has to endure swear words while putting in the stand, also a non-starter. Having it arrive, put in stand, centered and taken away by two nice young guys....well worth our helping out two young families, and them helping us.
10 Likes    Bookmark   December 8, 2014 at 11:00PM
gimmesomesugar
@ Ali, uh oh, I guess I better go read it!! I thought it was here.Thanks for looking.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 9, 2014 at 5:43PM
Lynne Mysliwiec
Love the stress free tree. I bought a faux fir 10 years ago, but it was too heavy for me to move around and put up all by myself, so I bought a new one 2 years ago and gave my old one to my sister. The new tree is a "flip tree" that is narrower & came on a rolling stand with purpose-designed zippered covers for the top and bottom. The flip tree is AWESOME -- it takes 5 minutes to put up & the thing rolls into a closet for the rest of the year. Will never go back!
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2014 at 9:19PM
nwduck
But Lynne...I live IN OREGON. Where they grow all the Christmas trees! I'm hanging in another 20 years before I go artificial, just for the sake of my heritage. :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2014 at 9:32PM
Lynne Mysliwiec
I completely understand...but if you have to travel to see relatives, the real tree dies while you're gone without anyone to take care of it...the artificial ones don't...
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2014 at 10:52PM
BLee
I too love the piney smell, but no room for a tree in my little space. Instead I buy a large wreath to adorn the inside of my door so every time I go in or out, that lovely scent greets me.
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:41AM
Ali
That's a neat idea, BLee. A wreath is far easier to take down than a tree. Do you mist your wreath so it stays fresh longer?
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 10:03AM
BLee
Yes, mist helps. Putting it up however [hangs from a long tack in top edge of door so I can swing it around to front when guests are arriving] can be hazardous - just before our musical chairs progressive party last year I managed to close the door on a finger, creating a weirdly colorful bruise more suitable for Halloween!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 1:25PM
fissfiss
I am a diehard real tree lover, but if we had stayed any longer in SoCal, I would have converted to fake...man, those real trees they sold in SoCal got crispy so quickly, it was scary!
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 2:51PM
Ali
BLee, sounds like you may need something like this. I'm sure you could pick one up almost anywhere, even at the dollar stores. You could have two wreaths then! :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 4:39PM
Depo SD
Fiss, I liked your comment, not because I "liked" it, but because I agree! Once we started staying at the condo during the week, we bought a fake tree. I wasn't about to risk fire with the real tree drying out. They are already almost dead when you buy them down here, and ignoring them spells disaster.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 4:52PM
nwduck
While I like the ease with an artificial tree (and completely understand the practicality), we're the Christmas house. For going on 20 years, Christmas Eve has been here for my husband's family, and more often than not Christmas Day is here with my family. Doing a new sort of Christmas scheme every year is my big entertainment and always a surprise for all. One year I finally wised up and bought two identical white Christmas tablecloths so I wasn't doing laundry as well as a boatload of dishes in between groups!
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 6:22PM
fissfiss
Niece arrives on Friday, so we'll decorate the tree with her this weekend. A real one, we are in CO!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 7:30PM
Natasha Assa
This is the most amazing thread ever! Has anyone married anyone here yet? Or are they already having a baby? And I missed the baby shower? You girls are something and something else. Good luck everybody! We are F-A-M-I-L-Y.
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:11PM
LB Interiors
I have a fake tree the last few years. Actually the real one is much easier. I hate arranging all the branches after being stored. It takes forever. I'm picky about it. Branches stay put on a real one. Then the way they are connected to light the sections is very trying to say the least.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:18PM
Ali
Natasha, there aren't any men! LOL Welcome...
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:18PM
LB Interiors
Hi Ali, I want that Santa kitten.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:20PM
LB Interiors
I have the leopard tights. Anyone want to borrow them?
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:20PM
zazfuzzroc
Hi Natasha, I haven't been here since the beginning, but all the ladies here are great. This is the friendliest thread out of all the ones I've come across! Welcome and hang on, it's quite the ride, in a good way! ;)
    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:22PM
marjie1059
LB, that would drive me nuts, the arranging the branches of a fake tree. I'd rather sweep up needles any day. Besides, when we get the tree, we also bring home a LOT of branches discarded from earlier purchases, and those are put throughout the house. Aaaaah, the smell for a couple of days is wonderful!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:24PM
marjie1059
zaz, check out licksch's thread on small spaces.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:25PM
zazfuzzroc
Marjie, oh that's right Licksch's thread is great too! Thanks...I will peek. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:30PM
poohella27
Scary and I can relate to you wanting to change the set. Oh,excuse me?(art work ).Change it!!!!! You have everything to gain . Spray the entire set the same color and if you need texture rub it with a accent color . Do it . You may want to sell it to the royal family if you don't like it when your finished ..... Donate it ? I would like follow up pics ,please?
    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:31PM
BLee
Hi, Natasha! Yes, we are family and happy to welcome you.

Thanks, Ali, I have never seen such a useful object ... Will look for one immediately.

I also prefer live trees, but some of the artificial ones are quite successful. I remember a few trips to buy trees in Los Angeles in the mid 1940s when Dad was working for the navy. It ALWAYS rained! Different world then.

Everyone else - the rug arrived, absolute perfection.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:33PM
LB Interiors
Marjie, I'm with you. I miss a real tree. Made a mistake. A big mistake! Boo Hoo
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:41PM
LB Interiors
BLee, I want that rug, it's amazing!!!! I especially like that the peacocks are in both directions, so that you can enjoy them no matter how you place it in a room.
By the way, did you get the butterflies yet?
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 9:44PM
Lynne Mysliwiec
LB - if you buy a flip tree there's a lot less arranging because you don't have to moosh it all up to put into a tree bag -- gravity makes the hinged branches fall.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 11:29PM
Lynne Mysliwiec
I believe that Frontgate has Balsam Hill manufacture their trees, because mine has the same base, the same style bag (except it's green and has Frontgate printed on it).
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2014 at 11:30PM
BLee
The butterflies are enchanting, LB - mail was piled up in my mailbox, so I just discovered your beautiful card yesterday. After I had opened several Christmas cards, I came to your envelope expecting the same, so those lovely creatures were a surprise. Of course I will use them, but want them closer to my chair, so will dangle them in a cluster, various lengths, from the shelf above my display of pretty pink items. Perfect!
And what a beautiful card you made - I will treasure that as well!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 9:51AM
LB Interiors
Hi BLee. Glad you received them. However, thanks but I did not make the card. I've had some of those special cards for a very long time. A very dear friend of about 30 years, who just passed away this past year, had them made for me as a gift. They are unique and fit my personality :) Only special people have received them. You are one of them :))
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 10:35AM
LB Interiors
Lynne, I have a tree that does have hinged branches that open up and each of the three sections do flip open (easy part). The time consuming thing that I have to do is adjust every little finger of each separate branch because all the fingers are pliable wired and movable. Ughh. Is that the same for the 'flip' trees that you are referring to?
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 10:42AM
Ali
BLee, your rug is so beautiful...bright and cheery! What a lovely new addition to your already beautiful home. :)

How is your leg healing?

And I'm glad that you found the wreath double hanger useful. Sure will save you the effort in swinging the wreath around when guests arrive. :D
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 10:45AM
Ali
Hi LB! Here's a Santa baby for you... :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 11:12AM
Ali
We are all beautiful in our own little way...
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 11:13AM
LB Interiors
Ali, thanks, I'll take 'em all!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 11:15AM
Lynne Mysliwiec
Yes, LB - there is always a bit of fluffing, but not to the extent required by the non-flip trees...maybe 20% of what I was used to with my old tree.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 11:44AM
Ali
I don't get a real tree anymore and nor do I fluff my artificial 7' pencil post tree either. I throw a sheet over it fully decorated and shove the whole darn thing into a closet until the next year. LOL When I moved the movers looked at me in true amazement that I actually wanted them to load a fully decorated tree into their moving van. They did of course and not one ornament broke after traveling through 3 states! Yes, I know...I'm crazy. :)
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 1:06PM
Ali
My tree...
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 1:08PM
Ali
A little holiday cheer...
1 Like    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 5:30PM
BLee
LB, I will still treasure that card … happiness that you chose me to receive a special one.

Ali, love your tree!

And everyone - good news from Dr today about ankle/knee. All healed nicely and I don't have to wear the clumsy brace any more. I requested a "stabilizer" brace, short and very comfy, for awkward jobs and hopefully some longer walks on dirt trails in out botanical garden, weather permitting. Have more exercises to do now, as the muscles in my leg have gone flabby.

Decorating time this weekend. A visit to the thrift store resulted in 3 lovely angels and a gold tinselly swag, so along with NWDuck's twinkly lights and some spangly gold snowflakes, my window will be a nice companion for my new rug.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 6:36PM
LB Interiors
Thanks BLee, you are 'special'
    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 7:55PM
kelhen
Why didn't you just take payments from them and get rid of it that way...if you must keep...a shabby sheek robins egg blue with sanded edges can be done by DIY in no time...ad some crisp white modern linens and you make a statement haha...
    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 8:07PM
:))
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 8:23PM
Ali
Oh, Margo...ROFL!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 9:06PM
Ali
Margo...call it an early Christmas present. :D
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 9:14PM
LB Interiors
Margo, I saw you at my Target the other day. Two of your favorites ... Mr Moooz & leg lamp ornaments. I should have picked them up for you. A bit pricey for ornaments. Sorry, but it's the thought that counts right? LOL
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 11:01PM
licksch
They just keep coming don't they? It's like a game of whack a mole.

Paint it black. Whack.

Paint it pink. Whack.

Paint it...whack

Paint...whack

P... Whack whack whack....

Next?
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 2:33PM
Ali
Whack...
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 2:53PM
Ali
Whack...
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 2:54PM
zazfuzzroc
Licksch, you are so funny! :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 3:03PM
licksch
Lol...chartreuse...
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 3:21PM
moggie73
spencer just called and wants us to know she has been thinking about all her peeps She fell, a fractured tailbone? Ouch! Is still buried in work and will check in after a few days. Sounded very tired & her computer crashed. Yikes ... lots of issues salvaging her work invoicing, emails, etc..
But as sweet as always.
So sorry she is exhausted and hurting, but so thankful to hear from her. It will be grand to have a 'Welcome Back To Your Home' party for her.

Mr. Moggs is so much better, we even managed a short trip yesterday. Drove an entire mile to pick up his med refills. Still, it was very nice to get out.

Hope everyone is happy and feeling a bit of holiday spirit.
11 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 3:33PM
fissfiss
Therapeutic, Ali?
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 3:33PM
fissfiss
Oh, ouch, I busted my coccyx 23 years ago...it's a vestigial type of body part, almost completely useless, but REALLY annoying when fractured. Still troubles me, I'm very particular about seating!
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 3:46PM
Ali
Fiss, why yes, yes it is. whack! :D
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 4:14PM
Ali
OMG! Ouch is right. :(

Get Well Soon Spencer!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 4:17PM
Ali
Hi Moggie! He's doing good. Soon you'll be traveling the globe to exotic places and he'll be doing the hula! WhooHoo! :D
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 4:19PM
moggie73
ali, not sure if I can stuff a hula hoop in his Christmas stocking. lol.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 4:40PM
Ali
No, but that doesn't mean you can't slip an airline ticket to Hawaii in his stocking! ;)
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 5:10PM
LB Interiors
Moggie, so glad he's on the mend. It's time to really kick in the Christmas spirit at the Moggie Home!
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 5:20PM
Depo SD
So Fiss, from one of your comments about gassing up in Glenwood before heading up valley, I figured out where you are! My sister lived in Aspen for years and now lives in Carbondale because the cold just got to be too much for her. My niece and hubby live in Rifle, a bit further west. I don't visit much because I can not take the cold whatsoever. Besides, they are always happy to come to SoCal!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 7:43PM
BLee
Are you sitting comfy on a little inner tube, Spencer? Looking forward to hearing your sweet voice on here again.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 9:32PM
marjie1059
Sorry to hear of your fall, Spencer....ouch. Hope healing goes as well as BLee's did for her leg. Glad to hear you're still in the game. Now if you can just convince the computer to do the same!
Moggie, that mile-long drive can be totally exhausting for one who's had so much stress on the body! Just getting out of the house can be a major feat. My mom says it's "terrible", getting in and out of the car. (She does it once a week for church, and once in a while to come to our house for the monthly family lunch. Everything is harder when you're 92!)
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 10:07PM
zazfuzzroc
Yes, I am awaiting Spencer's arrival too. It seems like a long time. I miss the house updates too. By the time she steps back in the Houzz, I hope everyone is doing much better..Mr. Mogs included. :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 10:15PM
LB Interiors
Oh no spencer, you didn't need that to happen. Hoping you will recover soon. Missing you!
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2014 at 10:46PM
Ali
A Christmas story...

My MIL and I were very close and I absolutely adored her. She was the epitome of Christmas as she lived and breathed it. Sadly we lost her many years ago to cancer that had metastasized from her skin to her breast and then to the brain. She passed away just 9 days before Christmas.

On the day she lost her fight our family, along with a priest and a Sister, had gathered around her bed in the intensive care unit. The room was quiet and the mood was very solemn. From out of nowhere we heard a Christmas carol being sung and we just looked at each other in totally amazement. From her room I could see people coming out into the hallway looking around to see where this beautiful music was coming from. So I too strolled out and upon looking towards the end the hallway I could see a choir standing there and they were all dressed in their choir gowns holding music books. I stood there listening to their angelic voices as tears rolled my cheeks. I soon walked back into my MIL's room and then over to her bed. I reached my hand down to hers as the choir started singing Silent Night, mid-song my MIL sighed her last breath and the Lord took her home.

For someone who loved Christmas as much as she did that choir was heaven sent just for her. God works in mysterious ways. The memory of that moment is just as beautiful as she was.

Although not sung by a choir this is my favorite version of Silent Night and it is so beautiful. Enjoy...:)

8 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2014 at 1:46PM
moggie73
aww, ali, thank you for sharing your story and music.
Made me weepy and took me back just months ago when first we lost our BIL, my wonderful MLI passed and then my own Mother. They were followed quickly by my last Uncle on earth, five friends and two newborn babies. I was so sad about the 'silent nights', until I remembered to be thankful for the 'Holy Nights'.

Mr. Moggs and I have had a restful day of laughter and laziness and healing.
Tomorrow, I really need to clean. But that is tomorrow. I like now.

Hugs to you Ali, licksch, BLee, LB, Depo, marjie, zaz, fiss, nw, lynne, pickyv and to all!
And bubbas, and Unwanted and all on D's thread. How nice it is to have so many people I want to hug.
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2014 at 3:16PM
Ali
Moggie, I like "your now" too. :) And here's a big (((HUG))) for you. :)
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2014 at 3:30PM
zazfuzzroc
Moggie, Thank you so much for including me. :) I think you're pretty great, I'll gladly take the hug..... and right back at ya! :) Sorry to hear of all the hard times. Been there... not fun. Glad things are looking good for you both now. Best wishes in the future for you both. :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2014 at 3:49PM
pickyvicky
((Hugs)) back, Moggie. I'm so sorry you had a really rough patch there for a while. Sometimes it seems like it never ends, but it eventually does.
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2014 at 4:57PM
fissfiss
Moggie, hugs right back...sadly, part of life is loss...but I am so pleased Mr. Moggie is progressing....may you and yours truly enjoy this holiday season!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2014 at 7:04PM
marjie1059
Ali and moggie, thank you so much for sharing...
Ali, if I could play any instrument well besides the piano, it would be cello. It is amazing that such beautiful sounds exist. Happy and sad music at the same time.
And your story is wonderful and heartwarming. And how wonderful that she could be surrounded by her family.
Moggie, I love the way you craft your words...."silent nights" and "holy nights"....
"laughter and laziness and healing...I like now." Yes, indeed. Sounds like you know well how to respond to each moment as it deserves.
Already feeling heart-full from this evening (caroling at nursing home and retirement center with family), and the comments shared here by so many add to it. Thanks, all.
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2014 at 9:54PM
Depo SD
Good morning Moggie. Hugs back to you and Mr. I'm so glad you had a great day yesterday. Have another one today, cleaning can wait!
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 14, 2014 at 10:16AM
BLee
More and more hugs for everyone. Wish I could share the lovely blue sky outside my window with all of you!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 14, 2014 at 11:23AM
licksch
Depo SD...

I need you to check my thread for my Christmas card offer. I left you a comment there. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   December 14, 2014 at 2:51PM
licksch
Ali...great sharing...I think Silent Night is one of my favorites along with Ava Maria.

Spencer... I think the universe is trying to tell you something...
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 14, 2014 at 2:55PM
Depo SD
Got it Licksch!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 14, 2014 at 4:07PM
Ali
MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 20, 2014 at 6:32PM
BLee
A snow kid with a leopard hat? Fun.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 20, 2014 at 8:25PM
whistlerhouse
Try Sothebys auctions. This is a grand piece that should not be tampered with. You hate it now and will hate it forever.
    Bookmark   December 20, 2014 at 9:55PM
cjohnson5605
I'd make the dresser my vanity & add sinks to it. Paint it all black with a gold foil on edges. Not a work of art for me either. A good convo piece
1 Like    Bookmark   December 20, 2014 at 10:03PM
Ali
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Paint it black...why of course! SMH
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 20, 2014 at 11:22PM
moggie73
Good Morning friends. Was pretty ill for a while, but almost totally recovered. Yippee!

I think about you wonderful people all the time. Here is hoping each of you has a blessed and happy Christmas Holiday.
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 8:17AM
Depo SD
Moggie, so glad to hear you are on the mend! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 10:03AM
auntiebuzzybee
BLee, remembering you so fondly and hoping you have very Merry Happy Holidays. I hope you are doing well, sweet lady.
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 11:03AM
Ali
Moggie, so glad to hear you are feeling better. Wishing you and Mr. Mogs a Blessed Christmas! :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 12:17PM
LB Interiors
To all of you wonderful friends, a very very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!!!!
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 1:23PM
Ali
Another year has come and went
Here on Spencer's thread
Where wonderful friends have met.

Tis the land of a Princess
And Rococoettes dancing
In leopard prints no less.

We heard chants of paint it black
Naysayers were aplenty
So we played a simple game of Whack!

Our kingdom had Yurts
With bears, deer and fish, oh my
A resort almost of sorts.

Stories and laughter
Shared by all
Always to be remembered hereafter.

Merry Christmas
Dear friends
May your New Year be filled with gladness.
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 3:29PM
moggie73
ali, you never fail to warm my heart. Tonight is the same ... and I want to thank you for my basket overflowing with ALI smiles!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 3:53PM
Ali
;)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 21, 2014 at 4:05PM
LB Interiors
Nice going Ali !
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 1:45AM
Ali
LB, it was visions of you wearing those leopard pants that were dancing in my head that provided me inspiration. LOL

Merry Christmas, my friend. :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 1:54PM
licksch
I hope Santa is extra good to all you Houzzer peeps. Just hang that leopardprint stocking up in front of your fireplace and he'll know who you are....
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 5:47PM
nwduck
Just popping in to wish everyone a most happy holiday! I have so enjoyed your internet voices, and hope for wonderful days to come for all. My stress-free Christmas tree was duly delivered in all its real perfection. Decorated, shopped, cookies ready for icing....now, what to wear?
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 6:10PM
zazfuzzroc
Merry Christmas to all, everyone included! :) @Spencer, I hope the new year finds you feeling better, all healed and as energetic as ever. :)
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 6:25PM
Ali
nwduck, ah...leopard? LOL Merry Christmas to you! :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 7:11PM
zazfuzzroc
Thank you Ali, that made my Christmas! :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 8:13PM
zazfuzzroc
I hope you get your turkey for Christmas. :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 10:49PM
Ali
Ham. :(
    Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 11:14PM
zazfuzzroc
Really? Ham? But they told you turkey? Well, nail it down now......... for new years! :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 11:17PM
Ali
We actually had turkey last week. The boys picked up a 15 pounder for 4 bucks and had it in the oven before I woke up. So...turkey it was. Makes no sense to me either. LOL
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 22, 2014 at 11:34PM
marjie1059
I agree that a turkey that size for only $4 does not make sense, but getting it and eating it makes perfect sense to me, no matter what day it is. :) Yum.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 23, 2014 at 5:05AM
glschisler
MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 23, 2014 at 6:59AM
Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
The twinkling of the Christmas lights
The crackling sound of the fire
Eating turkey and roast tats
Them green things ...they call sprouts
And remembering what goes in
Must come out
Pigs in blankets snuggled up close
Gravy poured over nice and thick
Christmas Pudding ......find the sixpence ...if only I could
Oh I forgot we set light toooooo our Christmas pud
Childhood memories of Christmas past ......
They have gone so fast ....
Pulling crackers
With plastic toys inside .....silly jokes
Never as good as granddads
Tangerines ......After Eights
Floater coffee
Apple pie or maybe Banoffee
Wrapping paper thrown all over the floor
What would mother say ...
Oh she's sleeping next door
Worn out poor love ....
Queens speech at 3
Best awake her she loves royalty ....
Oh I feel stuffed blown up ...my tum about
Tooooo burst
Singing songs by the piano
Playing charades
Grandkids coming
Smiles beaming
They wonder
What Santa's bringing
Best part being with the ones you love
Who needs all the above
Oh well there's always next year

Happy Xmas one and all
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 23, 2014 at 11:50AM
Ali
Merry Christmas, Vintage! :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 23, 2014 at 1:34PM
licksch
Nice, Jazz... Brings back memories.

Seasons greetings to all of you… Don't eat too much ham, turkey, or fried hedgehog.

:)

Spencer I hope you are up and about and feeling more the thing soon.

FYI The photo is the peak of Mount Everest. A stunner isn't it?
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 23, 2014 at 5:06PM
LB Interiors
Linda, Love your Christmas Tree vignette. So beautiful.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 24, 2014 at 11:21AM
LB Interiors
This year is a change from the normal Christmas planned at my house. My niece is doing Christmas for the very first time! It was the right timing.

On top of getting a bad cold for the last 3 days ....
I'm trying to finish a quick 3D canvas art piece that I was asked to do as a surprise design! I hope they like it , as I am creating a design feel that fits their 'Hollywood Glam' Room.

The room currently has an old art print that was supposed to be temporary. The room is seldom used, so it got left on the back burner.

Inspiration came when I was Christmas shopping. I couldn't resist a subtle glitter branch that started my madness. DayQuil & Night NyQuil is helping me through this :)
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 24, 2014 at 11:21AM
BLee
Laundry time here - no clean socks to hang with care on my grand circle!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 24, 2014 at 2:33PM
moggie73
To the ever precious circle of people brought together through spencer, I wish you each a Christmas evening full of stars, warm smiles and Peace. Hugs to all!
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 25, 2014 at 3:06PM
zazfuzzroc
Hi Moggie, the same to you! That includes Mr Mogs and family. Hoping you had a wonderful day! :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 25, 2014 at 3:21PM
marjie1059
Christmas is almost over, and if you are like me, you wanted to sit down and send good wishes to fellow readers, but maybe couldn't because ____ (wrap gifts, put up decorations, prepare food, do laundry, chase down kids to do a job, chauffeur Grandma, go to church, fill stockings, catch a few winks, open gifts, etc.) Know that I have been thinking of you! My thought include prayers for each of you, that your Christmas and New Year would be full of cheer, a warm heart, and purpose in your days. Thanks to each of you for your reaching out to others through this thread. Thanks to those who have shared parts of their lives with us--it is appreciated. Thanks to spencer for starting this roller coaster ride, and we wish you well, hoping you are recovering well, that your projects and people are blessings in your life.
All of you have enriched my life in this last year. :)
11 Likes    Bookmark   December 25, 2014 at 5:42PM
BLee
Only 26 minutes left to wish you all a happy Christmas. Santa managed to fit 4 large bags of cough drops into my 1 small sock [clean], much needed and appreciated!
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 25, 2014 at 11:36PM
LB Interiors
I've really enjoyed connecting with all of you over this last year. So much fun and great to have new friends! Thanks!
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 26, 2014 at 11:46PM
licksch
Had Christmas today...family just got here yesterday...

So nice to hear from you all...

Blessings....
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 28, 2014 at 7:06PM
LB Interiors
Licksch, happy to see that that you are with family. That's what Christmas is all about!
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 28, 2014 at 7:21PM
LB Interiors
Precious felines, no place for family to sit?
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 28, 2014 at 7:23PM
glassieladie
Just a quick pass-through. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and can look forward to a blessed New Year! I so enjoy all of your 'bits of life' stories. : )
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 29, 2014 at 11:51AM
LB Interiors
Back at you glassieladie :))
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 29, 2014 at 1:16PM
Ali
Happy New Year, Everyone! For Auld Lang Syne, my dear friends...
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 29, 2014 at 6:33PM
cindyguent
Just wanted to wish all a Happy, healthy New Year, the best one possible! So many of you have been there for me this year and it was so nice to be able to sit down and connect with friends near and far who understood and offered kind or funny words.
I haven't kept up with what has been going on here but bet everyone has continued to reach out to those who are a bit down and need a picker upper.
Be well, and keep on houzzing!!!
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 30, 2014 at 3:27AM
librazen
i love this.. and i could make it work! not necessarily in my room, but could make it work :) i still love it
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 30, 2014 at 11:22AM
zazfuzzroc
She did make it work and its very elegant. You have to scroll back a bit.... but its worth it. ;)
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 30, 2014 at 11:41AM
marjie1059
"a bit"....zaz, that is too funny. How many comments is this now??
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 30, 2014 at 5:44PM
zazfuzzroc
Yeah Marjie, you are right. :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 30, 2014 at 5:52PM
LB Interiors
Nice to see you Cindy!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 30, 2014 at 6:33PM
moggie73
Cindy ... so nice to see you!

This was my first Houzz thread and I am so happy that it was. What a wonderful, sharing group. You have all helped me travel some tough roads with your kindness and humor.
Thanks to each of you.
Wishing all a blessed new year, filled with happiness, good health and joy.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 7:31AM
LB Interiors
Love you ALL!
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 2:33PM
tagan67394
So many lovely and kind people on this small part of the thread I have read. So sorry I have missed it. May you all have continued blessings in the coming year.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 3:54PM
Ali
Happy New Year, Dear Friends!

You wonderful ladies have been such an important part of my life and for that I am truly grateful. I love each and everyone you and I say that from the bottom of my heart. XOXOX

CHEERS!
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 7:48PM
pegjustpeg
Happy New Year, Rocconuts! I have had a blast reading along with you all!
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 8:02PM
Ali
Peg, we ain't got a home... :(
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 8:16PM
licksch
Memorable year, Rococonuts...lots of laughs, lots of joy. Thanks fir being on the train...
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 8:46PM
Ali
Licksch, awww...how beautiful. :)

Happy New Year, dear friend!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 8:50PM
Depo SD
Happy New Year my dear friends! I love you all!
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 8:51PM
LB Interiors
Spencer, I hope you know I miss you very much!!! Wishing you a Wonderful New Year!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 8:56PM
pegjustpeg
Lol, Ali, if we can find each other, we have a home! Happy New Year, Hon!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 9:21PM
Ali
Peg, yup! :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 9:37PM
LB Interiors
Ali and Peg, it's nice being with friends and staying home for New Year this year and keeping each other company in between Netflix. :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 9:40PM
pegjustpeg
Yes, it is, LB. We only have 5 minutes till 2015 here in Midwest! Whoohoo! Hope you are well real soon. This season has been a bad on, so far, for colds and flu. Stay out of crowds, when you can. 3 minutes. I'd better find my sweetie for a kiss!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 9:57PM
Ali
Thanks, LB. I've enjoyed your company as well. Anything good on Netflix? The older I get the less I care to watch the New Year's Eve TV programming. I can't rap to save my soul. LOL
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 10:12PM
marjie1059
Watched the ball fall in New York one time. I couldn't figure out why it was so exciting. I was 19 at the time.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 11:21PM
LB Interiors
How cute Peg. Was your sweetie asleep? Sorry I missed your comment earlier.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 11:24PM
LB Interiors
35 minutes 'til the New Year!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 11:25PM
LB Interiors
Ali, watched Nature: The Gathering Swarms. Very interesting about animals and insects.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 11:27PM
Ali
LB, you are so far behind the times! That is so like yesterday from where I live. LOL
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 11:28PM
Ali
I'm watching "Zero Dark Thirty". Little heavier stuff this movie is...about how we nailed Bin Laden. Interesting though. SEAL Team 6 got him. :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 11:30PM
Ali
marjie, cute story! LOL I hear ya...I hear ya...
    Bookmark   December 31, 2014 at 11:31PM
Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
HAPPY NEW YEAR ..
Not sure what went on in the Houzz
In 2014 while I had a bug
sneezes and all !!
Sleeping under my rug ....
Well was going tooooo say bedcovers
But it just didn't rhyme .....
But may 2015
Bring you
All you wish and want from Houzz
Dilemmas answered ...
Kindly and clear
Talking with cyber friends wishing good cheer
Chit chatting of course
But this now I fear
So may Hand out hugs
Making one thing clear
Poems are good really yes really ...
For ones ear ...
I can't solve your dilemma
Of that it's been made clear
But I wish you all
Well
and Happy New Year
6 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 5:27AM
Ali
Happy New Year, Vintage!

Your poems always make me smile. Always. :)
Hope your feeling better soon.
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 5:46AM
Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
Thanks Ali
I hope all is ok with you also
And spencer of course ..who's dilemma this is ...
Can't wait for an update
so hurry back ......

Waving at Zaz:@)
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 5:57AM
Ali
D, Happy New Year!

I put a request in to houzz about your thread. :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 7:39AM
Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
It also seems Jacksplash's Thread
also is missing ...
Oh dear I thought it was New Year
not Halloween
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 7:52AM
Rina
Excuse a brief thread crash, please -- Happy New Year all, but especially Ali, as our conversation yesterday was whipped from under our astonished feet. Heigh ho, here we go for 2015.
9 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 8:42AM
Ali
Rina, I'm so thrilled that you found me so I could wish you a Happy New Year! Our excursions will continue after this brief lay-over. :D
5 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 11:37AM
Depo SD
Hi all, just an update about Spencer. She has been in the hospital since the week before Christmas. She is finally home, but now has Shingles over half of her body! She wants all of you to know that she has not been flaking out on this thread, but had gone from tail bone injury to something far more serious. She wishes everyone a Happy New Year.
10 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 3:42PM
moggie73
Thank You Depo! Prayers to Spencer.

Rina, good to see you. Happy New Year!
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 3:58PM
Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
Oh no ...
Hope she gets better real soon
Shingles is S@&!
I am sure your Houzz
Friends will keep your Thread warm ...
Hurry back
Wearing those patched up Jeans :@)
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 4:12PM
LB Interiors
On no Depo. That is terrible news. I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers and best wishes to Spencer for a quick recovery. Spence take care my friend!!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 5:07PM
Depo SD
LB, I emailed you.

Moggie, I commented in one of your idea books.
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 5:21PM
BLee
Warm greetings for a satisfying 2015 to everyone … and especially to Spencer, who has blessed us by bringing us together in laughter, support, and friendship. Hang in there,Spence, and remember how much we love you.
5 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 6:49PM
Ali
Depo, thank you for letting us know about Spencer. :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 8:17PM
Ali
Spencer, missing you...
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 8:48PM
LB Interiors
I was tired of my photo ... Ha
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 9:55PM
Ali
LB, you're a beautiful butterfly! I must say you're looking fabulous and it's so you. :D
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 10:03PM
LB Interiors
Ali, just wanted a change. Got bored. Early morning Dr. app't tomorrow. Good night!
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 10:09PM
Ali
I have no where to post what I want to say right now and I'm hoping no one minds that I post it here. D has closed her Kaffeeklatch thread and I have met some wonderful friends there and I merely wish to thank them.

D, thank you for being such a gracious hostess and the kindness you extended to me with welcome arms will never be forgotten, my friend. I've so enjoyed our times together. :)

I feel blessed knowing each and everyone of you who have shared a story or a laugh with me. You have warmed my heart and I thank all of you dear ladies for being my friend. :)

Rina, where shall our minds take us today... :)

This is my wish and I love you all...
8 Likes    Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 11:41PM
pegjustpeg
Oh, Ali. This has been the hardest thing to deal with. Fussing is one thing but what has been done here to hurt kind people, enjoying and helping one another is near unforgivable. I am so sorry this has happened. There are tragically sad and desperate souls in this world, that have a need to lash out and hurt others. We happened to be in the path this time. Stay strong and don't worry. We'll all be okay. We're all gonna take another trip together.
6 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 12:11AM
Ali
Peg, oh my goodness, you are so special. :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 12:45AM
licksch
Depo...thanks for update on Spencer... I was beginning to be concerned that something horrible had happened to her but I'm happy to hear she has not fallen under a bus. Shingles is horrible enough but she still on the planet.

Spencer ....you probably won't be able to read back through your thread but I'm sending you get well wishes anyway.
5 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 6:56AM
Rina
Hello? Safe to come in?

Firstly, to Spencer, the very best wishes to you for quick healing and strength.

Thanks for the invitation, Ali, and I do hope Jan rocks up. Who's on this thread already, aside from half the human race? Hello all, and hello everyone else. It's been a rocky launch into the year, but I have faith in the continuing creation of lovely, hospitable threads.

Oh, I have ideas, Ali ... but for now, that beach you've just given us will do me just fine. I need some deep-breathing time.

Oh, yes, and working time. I haven't done badly so far today. Not gobbling up the pages (I'm an editor, folks) but refocusing on horrible paragraphs and wrenching them into shape. Somewhere to put the aggro.
7 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 7:14AM
Ali
Hi Rina, so glad you made it here. Big smile on my face...see it? ;) Scroll up and take a peek at the b/w New Year's photo I left for you. It's awesome!

Everyone please meet, Rina, a delightful and wonderful dear friend of mine from D's thread.
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 7:51AM
Rina
That's one fine b/w party! Great pic. You can hear it.
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 8:02AM
Ali
What do you think, mid 30's? 20's?
1 Like    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 8:06AM
Rina
Early thirties, I'd think. And I'd probably be wrong. But look at the lady back left; that doesn't look twenties to me. Same with back right, actually.

Not that I'm a fashion fundi. I worked on a daily paper fashion supplement once, for about a year. The single worst job of my entire life, and I don't use "suicidal" lightly -- though I worked with very super grown-up fashion editors on other publications, that little miss was enough to make you dress yourself in paper bags for the rest of your life, just to make the point.
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 8:30AM
Rina
Just to get the taste of that out of my mouth .... favourite designer ever? When I was 10 I fell in love with a ballgown, and I have worshipped the artist who created it ever since. This wasn't it, but you get the idea. Balenciaga.
8 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 8:45AM
Rina
Now I'm going to shush. Too much natter for a newcomer to the thread. Good night.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 8:46AM
Ali
Gown is to die for. Simply divine. Night, Rina and sleep well. ZZzzz
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 8:55AM
Libbmom
Gown is lovely...something Audrey Hepburn might have worn in "My Fair Lady"
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 11:14AM
Libbmom
Spencer...wishing you a speedy recovery...
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 11:15AM
BLee
Welcome, Rina - glad to have you aboard.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 12:55PM
janbhan
Oh wow, I am so happy to see you all together again. We are still rushing around, saw the American contingent off at the airport last night, came home and crashed - but today is a working day for hubby, and I have to go to look at daughter's renovations. In the evening we are attending an anniversary party, this time a fifth anniversary; the bride's father is a well known jazz musician. Our paths have criss-crossed many times over the years, and it is such a pleasure to be with such very creative people. By Monday i hope to be back on track and tell you about our adventures, including visiting a famous jeweller's shop to see his studio, and handle gems we could never ever afford... What a rich and wonderful experience.
Happy happy new year everyone. Spencer, get well soon.
Now must rush off and hang out the washing. We are back to earth with a bump!
8 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 8:51PM
Ali
Jan, Happy New Year to you. Anxiously waiting to hear about your latest adventures. Glad you're here. Happy laundry day! :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 8:55PM
Ali
Everyone, please meet, Jan. She is an adventurous traveler and a writer. Reading her captivating words will take you places you have never been. :)
5 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 9:00PM
Ali
BLee, Happy New Year to you! I'm hoping that leg of yours has healed. :)
    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 9:02PM
BLee
Yes, Ali, nicely healed, though some twinges and aches, especially in knee … probably for many months - normal, as sprains are slow slow slow. It is such a pleasure to stride along outdoors again, though presently nursing a virus attack … coughing. Should be over in a few more days. So far enjoying 2015, back to work today, but just entering books at home and beginning compilation for taxes.
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 11:21PM
BLee
Nice pic of those two little pussy cats!
1 Like    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 11:22PM
Ali
BLee, yes sprains are slow to heal, as is jammed fingers. Sheesh. I'm happy to hear you are on the mend though. From what I'm reading everyone has caught that viral bug over the holidays. Thank heavens I was spared, but then too, I don't go anywhere. Gosh, I hope you feel better soon. Tis something when your new best friend is a box of Kleenex. LOL
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 11:34PM
LB Interiors
BLee, I hope your virus is not like mine. Had to see the Dr. today. Still coughing since Dec 21st. No antibiotics because they won't help, but got prescription for cough. Amazing how that has helped. Dr. said the cough can last for 2+ weeks. Didn't like that though.
5 Likes    Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 11:35PM
janbhan
Ali, thanks for your introduction!
We have had a roller-coaster 3 weeks while hubby's younger daughter was here with her 2 kids and hubby. He wanted to see Rajasthan, tigers, and desert. I think we did all of that! My picture of tiger strolling alongside the road was not good, i was so excited I forgot to use the zoom. hopefully son in law's pictures are better. Posting a couple of photos of the hotel we stayed in, a modern version of ye grande olde tymes. But still lovely. The dining room with mirror work ceiling is very grand. And of course a snake charmer in Jaipur. And jewellery for a queen.
11 Likes    Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 12:26AM
Ali
Jan, what a grand dining room indeed. Wow, and that jewelry...talk about bling. Yea see, I'm not so sure about the snakes and besides how do we know they are charmed. LOL Who are the two gentlemen on the right? Street performers?
1 Like    Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 12:51AM
Ali
Ladies, we have a new thread in the houzz for the recently displaced...
Everyone here is invited to join in and share a cup of kindness with us at:

THE GATHERING PLACE
Where Friends Meet

http://www.houzz.com/discussions/1354763#3201851
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 2:58AM
bubbasgma
:)
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 3:11AM
Ali
:)
1 Like    Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 3:14AM
Lisa Rousan
would like to suggest that it be painted. If the mirrors are detachable from the dresser, I would suggest it. The set is large as a whole, but if you break it up, it is workable! Dresser could be used as a buffet or in a guest room. Mirrors could be a wall statement, possibly over a shelf or mantle. The bed frame speaks for itself.
    Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 6:13AM
Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
Hi
Lisa ....
The .....set speaks
For itself
Spencer has done
A fab job
With all the above
She's
Away poorly
From her thread
Resting in that fab bed (frame )
5 Likes    Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 6:21AM
moggie73
jan, so wonderful to see you again. Thank you for your pictures. I can see Rina in her dream ball gown in that corridor.

Hugs to all buddies!

Be well, LB.
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 7:38PM
moggie73
ali, still cannot connect to the new thread? Please give my regards to all.
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 7:40PM
LB Interiors
Thanks Moggie! You and Hubby too!
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 7:41PM
nwduck
Get well wishes to Spencer, Be well, best thread starter ever. Ali, I tried to get to Gathering, but nothing...:(
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 3, 2015 at 8:56PM
Ali
Moggie, nwduck and everyone, some unfortunate soul has taken the pleasure for their own amusement (again) in flagging the thread. It will be up and running again, I promise. Hang in there. :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 2:09AM
janbhan
The two gentlemen in exotic dress are local musicians, recruited by the hotel to welcome guests and serenade them at dinner time. In the evenings they are joined by dancers, who teach the guests the steps and get everybody into the mood for a graceful, whirling dance! You can even add bells to your ankles and stamp out the beat! The kids loved it. My back doesn't permit much action, so I stood like a tree and waved my arms sinuously. Hubby wore the local turban and looked impressive. His mustache, with its twirled ends, was much admired. He was totally in sync with the ye olde world look, mirror-decorated ceilings included.
I am sorry someone is trying to stop our harmless thread, which gives support and enjoyment to us all. I hope we can find a place where nobody will trouble us.
Attaching more pictures, mostly of the city palace at Jaipur. The peacock gate is painted using only mineral and plant colours. An entrance is framed by delicately carved marble. A huge jar of pure silver, used to transport Ganges water for the Maharajah of Jaipur, holds 60,000 gallons. He only bathed in Ganges water, and it was also used for cooking his food, and for drinking.
Now I am going to close. Last night we had gone to a musician friend's New Year Party, and got home at 2 am. It was fun, but awfully tiring, we have had so many late nights recently. So we are going to treat ourselves to an afternoon nap.
Do not disturb! Snores are the order of the day.
7 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 3:04AM
janbhan
tried to find our old Kaffeeklatsch thread, but it has vanished. And the new thread is also not available.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 3:41AM
janbhan
Ali, Rina, Moggie.... I am so glad to find you here. And sad that I have lost my posts. I used to so enjoy going through the thread, opening videos and learning about your lives.... We should incorporate more about house design and furniture in our chats, maybe the person who did this thought we should be elsewhere, not on Houzz?
Anyway, I hope we can congregate somewhere else, do you think I should start a thread?
Ali, I loved your video of the loving cat, and your little pup. Cross breeds are always so intelligent. And that one of the hysterical cockatoo.
Spence, get well soon. I have had shingles, and it was very uncomfortable. I hope you are over the worst now. Avoid being in the sun, and very hot showers. Both will make you tingle more. And i hope your tailbone is better. That can take ages to heal.
Just back from a walk to the market to buy provisions for the next few days. I will be too busy to shop as I have to get back to Daughter's flat, where work is going rather slowly. With hubby to lug the bags shopping is not such a chore.
Goodnight, dear ladies. How happy to be back. And with some new names.
7 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 6:15AM
pickyvicky
Jan, start the thread! I'll be there. :) Your world is so interesting. Love seeing your projects, too.
6 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 6:30AM
janbhan
Now how do I do that? I think my thread about the bathroom (and after) happened almost by accident.
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 6:32AM
Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
Oh Ali ..
I am so saddened by this ..
For you .. :@(
And your friends ......
Who! why!!!!!!!!
I guess you will never know ......
All this happening
After resent events on here
In December ...
I guess some people
Are only happy ...
When they are plotting
Hay Ho ...
Just speechless ....
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 9:35AM
Mzhottie
I love the bedroom set it screams princess for a little girl or teenager I wish I had a set like that . Pink walls beige carpet sit it on a platform... Gives a rich royal look ...
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 9:38AM
Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
Hi Mzhottie ..The little princess set
Is all grown up
Spencer did a fab job .!!!!>If you keep an eye On this thread
When spencer comes back ....
I am sure if you
Ask she will post Pictures of what she did
Yes I wished
that I could have had that princess set
But now I want it even more seeing what spencer did!!!!
Thanks for popping by:@)
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 9:48AM
Ali
Vintage, it is very sad indeed. Hang tight, the thread will be back up momentarily (tomorrow). We'll all be together again on our journey across the states. Meanwhile, I have to find the perfect vintage hat to wear while we cruise along in my old automobile.
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 9:55AM
Ali
Jan, hold tight my dear...your very much part us and we don't want to lose you! :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 9:57AM
Ann
All of this thread reporting of late has me wondering just what the Houzz staff must be thinking as they receive all these "issues" to deal with. I imagine it's not at all what they expected Houzz to be when they set up the website. It's clear some aren't liking arguments and are reporting those threads but now it also seems clear that others aren't liking the chat threads, even if arguments aren't involved. I haven't reported any threads but am beginning to kind of see and possibly agree with the frustration of those that are choosing to report the chat threads. I am wondering if a forum like Facebook might be better for a group like the one that was on the Kaffee thread - maybe more appropriate for that type of conversation. I used to enjoy Houzz so much but am having a heck of a time finding good dilemmas lately. I'm wondering if established Houzz groups are making it an odd place for new people to come and get decorating advice. I like it when threads are friendly but it's also nice when at least half of it is dedicated to the design dilemma. Just some of my thoughts as I ponder the recent Houzz chaos.
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 10:21AM
Ann
Ali, I wouldn't assume to know who is reporting any of the threads. I think everyone might be surprised if we all actually learned who is reporting. It just might be people you would least expect, or at least that's what I'm beginning to wonder.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 10:26AM
Ali
Margo, that is an old expression and it was NOT directed at you in any shape or form. I'm terribly sorry you took it the wrong way.
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 11:00AM
Ann
I've begun to wonder about Carolyn, abbyjean, deco, ASV, bluenan, grover, JudyG, ironwood, Darzy, River Valley, etc., etc. Is it possible these chat threads are bothering some of these regular Houzzers that never participate in chat but always help in design dilemmas? I do think Houzz would be quite repectful of the frustrations if regular Houzzers like one of this group was annoyed with the activity.
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 11:05AM
Very well Ali, I will accept that. I apologize. Perhaps you should have been more direct to with whom you were speaking to erase any assumptions.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 11:07AM
Ann
Ali, good to know. When I read it, I certainly thought you were referring to Margo also.
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 11:08AM
Ali
Margo, I deleted it just for you. :)
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 11:08AM
Ali
H@ll, I'm old it's just an old expression. What more can I say? LOL
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 11:10AM
Ali- I have always thought you to be light hearted:) No need to delete anything. Things can be talked out. Thank you for laughing;)
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 11:30AM
Ali
Margo, I have not a clue who is flagging all these threads and it's very upsetting to me. My world has grown very small because of my illness and these dear friends of mine have supported me, given me joy and I cherish them from the bottom of my heart. And I can't be with them when threads are being ripped out under my feet. :(
6 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 11:55AM
Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
Just for you Ali
6 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:07PM
Ali
Margo, I would love to but I have too many health issues that would prevent me as being an OP from carrying it through on a continuing basis. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:09PM
Ali
Vintage, awww...you just made me cry. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:10PM
n247080
I've not reported anyone nor do I mind these long threads that are predominantly chats. I'm not even involved in this one, although I peak in on it periodically. It appears to be an issue that you ladies are dealing with and I can see how it would be annoying to some. Houzz was not set up for chat threads, it was set up do discuss decorating.

I can see the value in the friendships that and bonds that are made as projects progress. Perhaps it is time for Houzz to set up an additional option for just such situations? Sort of a new branch to Houzz? Food for thought and I have no idea who should be contacted or how it would be set up. I'm not that literate with computers in general. But I do think it would be appreciated by many.
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:11PM
Ok- I was just trying to say that new threads can always be started. Just trying to get you back in with your conversations;)
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:15PM
Ann
Ali and all. I was hoping to have an open discussion about threads and chat threads. I just started a thread in the Other category to hear how people are feeling about the chat that happens on Houzz. Ali, a comment like the one you made here a moment ago would be useful to that discussion. No one has posted any comments yet but I'm hoping we could have a discussion about it (more as one big group rather than divided factions). Please contribute your thoughts if you're willing.
n247080
I think you should put it in the POLL category.
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:22PM
pegjustpeg
Well, I am glad there is finally discussion over what has been going on lately. You have to admit, Margo, that new avatar is sinister looking to some! Me, included. Just bad timing to see something like that, I guess, past behavior being an indicator of future behavior, possibly. At any rate, all this negativity should stop, for all our sakes and for the future of being able to enjoy Houzz.

Ann, the threads that have the majority of chatting are in "Other", a place newbies rarely even know exists. I find it hard to believe the more established commenters care one whit what we are talking about, as they are busy helping OP's with design problems. Is it curiosity that would bring someone over to read a thread full of fun and companionship, then if it's not their cup of tea, report it? Wouldn't someone, with no ax to grind, just go somewhere else? Why antagonize a group of women who are supporting one another in our lives? Makes no sense. Is this what's acceptable to the majority of Houzzers? Maybe. I hope not.

If they think it is important, I believe Houzz can determine who the unnecessary repeat "reporters" are. Then they can ultimately decide what actions will be taken. Until then, I hope we can all support those of us in the community that love this medium and wish it well.
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:22PM
pegjustpeg
Just reread my first paragraph, and so it's not misconstrued, I meant your alternate personas as being past behavior. Didn't mean past sinister look or behavior! Darn, this writing what we feel! Can come out wrong sometimes! Where have we heard that? Lol
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:32PM
Ann
N247080, I should have thought of that:). We'll see if it gets going as is. Peg, I've been quite curious about who is doing all the reporting. I'm hoping a discussion about it can occur.
Pegjustpeg- come on. Are you serious? By your comments it comfirms my feelings of what you think of me. My avatar was to be of a *lone wolf* one who does not run with a pack. There is just no making any one happy?? What do you want from me? I have been around 2 years, if I was so evil would this not have happened long ago? I think you are being misguided in your thoughts.
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:32PM
River Valley Cabinet Works
What's this? River Valley? Someone is taking my name in vain? Usually when someone doesn't like what I say he/she will give me a verbal dressing down to my face.

Since you are wondering, I might as well tell you straight out: yes, I dislike chat threads and no, I do not report them so they get taken down.

Look, I've got an attention span, like, 5 seconds long (which is about the time it takes to scan the post topics on one page) These things keep occupying the top levels for years on end, and every so often a new poster jumps in with an answer to the original question, not realizing how far down the road y'all have gone. In addition, I' m tired of seeing the same pictures that have nothing to do with the current chapter of the thread. I'm kinda breaking my own code of conduct by even posting on this chat. If that's what y'all want to do, I guess you can; I don't think it was the original intent of the Houzz creators. I do understand that by posting you get to know people and there are definitely those more inclined to socialize. BTW, you can blame @Margo for calling my attention to this (unintentionally)....
or should I say, The Big Bad Wolf. Bwwaaaahhaa!
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:33PM
pegjustpeg
Margo, I was thrilled to meet you in Tn. and so ready to keep a relationship going when we returned to our homes. It was great for a while. I let no one pull me around. I know we can't get the entire story all the time, but you seem to put yourself in positions that just beg for trouble and altercation. Don't know why that is, but it seems that way to me. You like banter and ribbing, but somehow things get off track and all Heck breaks loose. Ann, I think this is more disturbing for other Houzzers than the chatting. Perhaps, I'm wrong. I am one person, with my own opinions based on many years life experiences.

We can all get along on here. "Shake It Off" as the song goes. Let things go, not jump on every supposed dig. Be supportive. That's all.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:42PM
Ann
River Valley, I was most definitely not using your name in vain, but quite the contrary. I was wondering if someone who does not participate in chat may be annoyed at too many chat threads. I looked through the list of top commenters and just listed a group I know never participates in chat. I'm sorry if it was wrong of me to list names specifically, but I was just noticing how many Houzz regulars there are that never participate in chat. Also, I wasn't guessing any of you were specifically reporting threads, just wondering what group of people might be annoyed with chat threads. Sorry if my comment was inappropriate. I was actually feeling the utmost respect for the group I listed.
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:43PM
bluenan
I will address Ann's post strictly from my viewpoint. I don't prefer to get involved with lengthy chat threads, that is not the reason I'm on Houzz, and I agree and have stated already, that I don't believe that is the intended purpose of this site. Does the airing of terribly personal details on this forum under the guise of a Design Dilemma make me uncomfortable and do I find it extremely inappropriate for such a forum? That would be a resounding, yes. Have I reported a thread, no. Once these online friendships have been established and the topic has moved way past the initial intention, it is time to move on to another method of communication. The threads should at the very least be redirected to "Other" so they are not consistently at the top of the Design Dilemmas when one hits 'Advice' looking for true design threads. You cannot escape them, they are in your face, and you can read snippets of the comments. I only saw this by noticing there was talk about a lot of reporting and I was curious as to what was being reported. I do think these chat threads turn a lot of people off and you must realize there are thousands of people that read Houzz and never make a comment. It could be anyone reporting.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:45PM
pegjustpeg
I will never verbally or any other way, beat you Margo. You have as much right as anyone to be here or anywhere. It's just much more pleasant for all, if we keep it civil and turn our backs on negativity.
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:45PM
LB Interiors
The response from Margo's new avatar... made me go awwwwww with sadness. I didn't read anything else into it.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:48PM
Ann
I feel terrible for personally listing people I feel have excellent Houzz etiquette, as I fear that comment was terribly misunderstood. I won't delete the comment as I don't like deleted comments. But, please, to that group, understand that I was noting Houzzers that never do anything inappropriate on this site and was just pondering if a group like that might be offended by behavior less in keeping with Houzz etiquette.
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:54PM
LB Interiors
I have a suspicion when individuals are called out on a thread.... it often is perceived as an attack and a need to defend. That's just the nature of people. Be careful everyone please.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:57PM
bluenan
I took your post exactly as you intended, Ann. I was only responding with insight as to how I felt about chat sites. There is no reason to even consider deleting it. I do, however, take issue with your statement that you were "noting Houzzers that never do anything inappropriate on this site". I absolutely do not resemble that remark! ;)
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 12:58PM
pegjustpeg
But why are people in trouble here? I don't understand why adults can't take care of their own issues. The real trouble starts when others pile on. That's why so many of us "try" to stay silent, in hopes things will die down and people in question can work it out. Then if anyone gets aggressive, they can be dealt with by Houzz. Seems it escalates when others get involved.

I'm hoping you all see this as a discussion to remedy a problem, not worsening it. I am sorry I saw something scary in the eyes of your lone wolf, Margo. An angry little girl in a corner is a lot less threatening, though! ;)
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 1:03PM
Ann
Thank you bluenan! I'm very glad you understood my comment. I did mean it with the utmost respect - as in that's a group we would all benefit by emulating:)
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 1:05PM
Ann
By the way everyone, there is now a lively discussion about chat threads going on in my new post over in the Other category, if we could take this topic over there and let Spencer's thread return to itself.
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 1:10PM
LB Interiors
Good idea Ann.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 1:17PM
River Valley Cabinet Works
Hey, ladies, you're not hurting my feelings here. I had someone demean my postings in a very unfriendly fashion the other day...even went as far as to say I don't give good advice. I think if you say something, you should think it out first and then stick by it.
5 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 2:21PM
licksch
Btw I had no problems at all accessing the new thread that other people seem to be having trouble with. But I have an iPad.

It hasn't disappeared on here.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 2:25PM
LB Interiors
Moved the new Chatting thread to 'Other" category

How are Houzzers feeling about non design threads on Houzz? http://www.houzz.com/discussions/1358069#3207409
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 2:29PM
pegjustpeg
Ali, I have the App on my IPad too, but sadly no Kaffee or Gathering!
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 3:48PM
Ann
Thanks River Valley. I was trying to compliment that list of Houzzers, not criticize. Probably wrong to list Houzzers like that in any case though.
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 4:09PM
Ali
Thanks, Peg. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 4:20PM
Ali
.
5 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 6:41PM
BLee
Blegh. I wonder if Spencer is enjoying all this nonsense. Goodbye.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 7:43PM
moggie73
Spencer friends, I wanted to tell you that during my 'year end review of 2014', I spent a long time thinking of so many of you and the year we all lived through.

Certainly, spencer has had such an enormous amount of obstacles, successes and now, more health mountains to climb. We all wish her well.

Thank you all for helping me through a year filled with so many painful losses, Mr. Moggie is slowly on the mend and I think I am winning this awful fight with my virus. Heck, I have decorating to do. It keeps me focused.

Ali, words are not enough to tell you how happy I am that you are here. So happy your son is better and thrilled always with your open mind and humor.

I cannot list you all, for fear of omitting anyone. Precious new babies, giggles, heartfelt advice, furry four legged room mate pics, old photos from our past and present ... all wrapped up in designer bows. Wow.

On many days, I turned to my houzz friends and spent so much time, I accomplished little. On others I was so inspired, I felt compelled to run off to accomplish 'something', in order to report back. That is the motivation you gave me.

Thank you!
6 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 8:10PM
LB Interiors
I totally agree Moggie. Blessings
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 8:24PM
Ali
Moggie, can you come here a minute? I want to give you a BIG HUG! I can't write anymore cause I'll cry and my eyes will swell and my nose will get all stuffy. I love ya!
5 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 8:25PM
Ali
LB...group hug! :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 8:26PM
bubbasgma
Love to you, Moggs. Thank you for lifting our spirits, as you so often do. Hugs.
6 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 8:27PM
janbhan
I would really be happy if we could have a space of our own that doesn't offend anyone! I'm a happy houzzer, and came in primarily to share the progress of daughter's new flat and its renovations. But I love this thread, even though it's troublesome to scroll all the way down on an iPad. Wisdom, encouragement, sharing sorrows and joys... this is a truly wonderful thread. But, reading comments from people who don't normally come in, maybe someone has seen it as being in the wrong place, and in a way I would agree - though if it were anywhere else I might not have found it! So do we have an alternative space? Can we do a facebook thread? Can we create a website all our own? Just thinking aloud. I don't want to lose this group. Now let me tell you something about my life. For 30 years it was a fairly normal Indian housewife life - husband, 2 kids, in-laws, etc. I taught art & craft for 25 years. I looked after my In-laws. My kids moved out to start their own lives. My in-laws moved in. Then my FIL died; 6 months later my husband also died. My MIL went to her son's house. I fell into a vacuum, because I had nothing to do. I moved house twice and began writing. (The interior design is more of a hobby.) My life changed when hubby came into my life. His world is so different from mine, revolving round army and the film world. (His father was a character actor).It has created a life with such different aspects, so enriching, added to my world of artists and writers. So what sounds exotic to you has evolved over the last 7 years. It's often exotic to me too! Now I must close and get down to some housework. Off to a site visit later in the day. Have a great day, all.
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 8:29PM
Ali
Bubba, more hugs! :)
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 8:29PM
Ali
Jan, thread will be back up tomorrow. :)
    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 8:32PM
bubbasgma
Jan-Ali-et al....

Hang tight...I'm sure that Houzz will get our "Gathering" spot back up and running in the morning. We'll pick up right where we left off!

We have a lot more fun companionship ahead, I am certain....
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 8:35PM
BLee
I visit 3 threads regularly. Two have now been used by people with complaints about material appearing on utterly unrelated postings. I am generally an "anything goes" laid-back soul [even riding a perfectly innocent Segway - yes the broken ankle is satisfactorily healed].
However I protest using a "borrowed" thread to gripe about something that appeared on another site, one with which the OP may well have no involvement with or responsibility for, may not in fact have visited, may not even know about the presumed offense., This unacceptable behavior, using an uninvolved third person's post for airing beefs sparked by activity elsewhere on Houzz, is akin to THEFT and uncomfortably similar to KIDNAPPING.

That the original offenders, when finding your comments on their threads "report" your post isabsolutely no excuse; report their comments, contact Houzz, but most importantly, stop TRESPASSISNG. OPEN YOUR OWN THREAD.

I have never reported an entry, and visit just one thread now, a refreshingly gentle, loving, positive thread that allows for some kindly chatter, but basically has remained a support forum for decorating and gardening information.

I WILL FROM NOW ON INSTANTLY REPORT THIS SORT OF UNSOLICITED NASTINESS ON MY GENTLE FRIEND'S THREAD, ON ANY SITE WHERE IT APPEARS APPARENTLY UNSOLICITED BY THE OP OF THE SITE, AND I WILL WRITE TO HOUZZ EXPLAINING MY REASONS FOR THE REPORT AND INCLUDING TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY THE IDENTITY OF THE UNINVITED POSTERS.
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 9:12PM
pegjustpeg
I am so sorry, BLee. You are absolutely correct and it will never happen again. I have followed all of Spencer's threads and like you say, it is a kind, sharing and humorous bunch to read. Excuse me for sullying it up with nonsense. I will only comment when it is pertinent and positive, from now on.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 9:30PM
BLee
After 68 years of clinical depression, I have received a miracle. I have lived 75 years, most of them a struggle just to creep out of bed each morning. I have faked so much I almost came to believe my own propaganda …. until that awful fog returned. Now the sun shines every morning and I look forward to every moment of my remaining years. I treasure every sweet moment, and daily build on this incredible wonder I feel at my freedom from mental illness.

Today I feel rotten, unhealthy, stinking, wasting an entire afternoon fretting and writing. I am tired of finding discord on Houzz.I am angry at people who misuse the site to satisfy their personal grievances. I reject meanness, accusations, ugliness. No more Houzz. No more, except the one unsullied thread i choose to visit. I may read now and then, but no more participation. I apologize to my new friends who have enjoyed our friendship for deserting you. I can already reach some of you directly and hope to find ways to hug all of you, to thank all of you.
7 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 10:23PM
BLee
I believe you are one of my loved friend, Peg. I hug you, thank you ...
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 10:30PM
pegjustpeg
I can't believe we have hurt you like this,BLee. Please, be well and forgive us the foolishness. Your feelings are far more important than any point we are trying to make during this discussion. I am so ashamed to have addressed anything on Spencer's thread that had nothing to do with any of you. We felt lik a crew with no ship and hijacked yours. Just so ashamed.
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 10:38PM
Ali
BLee, it's been a sad day all around for everyone. Thank you, for being such a kind, giving, loving soul and mostly for being my friend. Hugs. :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 10:40PM
bubbasgma
Blee....Like you, I've also struggled over the past few months. Unable to tolerate the nonsense, I've been in hiding, participating in only 2 "special" threads. One of those special threads was closed by it's OP the other day. Missing the fun friendships I had there, Ali and I posted a new dilemma under "other" yesterday,

Ali choose the title...."The Gathering Place", it is temporarily turned off but when it is turned back on, I would truly enjoy your company and I KNOW others would as well. I've been missing hearing about you and your comings and goings. Please join us...
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 11:18PM
auntiebuzzybee
Blee, when we open our dors to the Gathering place DO PLEASE come join us.You would so enjoy Rina and Jan along with the others. PLEEEEase?
1 Like    Bookmark   January 4, 2015 at 11:52PM
Ali
BLee, we to travel places together on our thread and dream of exotic places in far off lands. We talk of books we have read, share movies and recipes. We share our lives. Each and every person there is just as kind and gentle as you. Please come and share a cup of kindness with us?

That's us...under the table giggling and eating Bon-Bons. LOL

Here is the link to The Gathering Place... http://www.houzz.com/discussions/1354763#3201851
    Bookmark   January 5, 2015 at 12:10AM
janbhan
Ali, so cute! Now let me try the new chat spot before i go to bed.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 5, 2015 at 8:55AM
marjie1059
There needs to be 5 of them under this table for myself and my sisters....love this picture.
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 5, 2015 at 3:05PM
Ali
The Gathering Place is up and running...hope to see you all there. It's a wonderful new day in the neighborhood.

Spencer, when you are up and feeling better give a holler and we'll be here to help with whatever you need. Please come visit with us at The Gathering Place, and share your fabulous stories with us.

And Spencer, thank you, for bringing us all together here. :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 5, 2015 at 5:35PM
janbhan
Just started a new thread about planning or modifying for disability. Please contribute. BLee, you recently injured your leg, badly it seems - what did you do to make life easier? please go to: http://www.houzz.com/discussions/1361428/m=23/planning-for-disability.
Thanks ladies! Just off to meet my arthritis doctor, a delicate doll who is such an amazing person.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 5, 2015 at 8:12PM
Ali
Jan, good for you and a great idea! I'll stop by and take a peek after I finish this birthday card I'm making. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   January 5, 2015 at 8:21PM
janbhan
Do have a look. Very good response, I am so pleased. Now to Look at The Gathering Place. too many places to go!
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 6, 2015 at 7:06AM
marjie1059
Keep us posted re Spencer's progress. (Was the hospital stay from the fall/tailbone injury?) Best wishes to you, Spencer, and hope those shingles have waved goodbye and are fast disappearing from your horizon.
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 6, 2015 at 10:20PM
LB Interiors
Hi everyone. I called and just got off the phone with Spencer. She is on a very slow recovery that will take some time. A few months maybe, to get back to real good health. She regrets not posting on here yet.

She's thinking of you and apologizes for her absence. She is home and has further medical testing that is planned in the near future. She feels better and has a tremendous amount of help from her good friend Tammy. A Godsend. She is on the road to recovery. I was so happy to hear her voice and that she is better!!!
5 Likes    Bookmark   January 9, 2015 at 8:19PM
marjie1059
Thank you, LB, for the Spencer update. No apology needed from her--we are glad to hear she is home and improving. I'm sorry that recovery will be slower than hoped for, but glad for good friends to help. Prayers and hugs to Spencer now and in the coming days.
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 9, 2015 at 9:52PM
LB Interiors
You're welcome!
1 Like    Bookmark   January 9, 2015 at 10:07PM
janbhan
Hope Spencer gets well soon. Just trying to track down a picture of a (nearly) circular bookcase that we bought in Bali. Somebody had posted a nearly identical picture recently. On my camera SOMEWHERE!
1 Like    Bookmark   January 10, 2015 at 2:42AM
Ali
LB, thanks for the update on Spencer. She's in my prayers for a speedy recovery!
1 Like    Bookmark   January 10, 2015 at 12:23PM
moggie73
aw, dang it spencer ... we all want you to be better. Sending you hugs.
Thank you LB.
Best wishes to all.
5 Likes    Bookmark   January 10, 2015 at 3:57PM
LB Interiors
Hi Everyone... Sorry for the interruption
I need your suggestion to name my painting please.

Need a NAME for this 3D Artwork ? It is for sale.

http://www.houzz.com/discussions/2724064/m=23/need-a-name-for-this-3d-artwork-it-is-for
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 15, 2015 at 6:46PM
squareoff
Maybe if it was painted all one colour and the mirrors removed you would like it better.
    Bookmark   January 18, 2015 at 6:57AM
Depo SD
Black?
1 Like    Bookmark   January 18, 2015 at 12:22PM
bubbasgma
I was partial to the pink?
    Bookmark   January 18, 2015 at 12:22PM
LB Interiors
:))))) Depo & Bubba
    Bookmark   January 18, 2015 at 12:23PM
bubbasgma
Ok. Ok. Teal?
    Bookmark   January 18, 2015 at 12:23PM
LB Interiors
:)))
    Bookmark   January 18, 2015 at 12:24PM
zazfuzzroc
I say leopard! ;)
1 Like    Bookmark   January 18, 2015 at 12:25PM
LB Interiors
:)))
Ali
Cool...a new game of WHACK!
1 Like    Bookmark   January 18, 2015 at 2:14PM
Depo SD
Ali, I love your Hello Kitty kitty! So funny!
3 Likes    Bookmark   January 18, 2015 at 4:51PM
Ali
Depo, thanks! I love cats in hats. LOL
    Bookmark   January 18, 2015 at 5:32PM
waks2587
i have been scouring all of the rococo bedroom furniture sites for just what you have! go figure...
    Bookmark   January 19, 2015 at 7:01PM
licksch
Paint it...now there's a concept!
4 Likes    Bookmark   January 20, 2015 at 6:46PM
bubbasgma
Maybe Black?
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 20, 2015 at 7:11PM
Ali
Yea...paint it like this!
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 20, 2015 at 8:22PM
Ali
My kitty has found a new outfit and matching handbag. Just thought I'd share. :)
6 Likes    Bookmark   January 20, 2015 at 8:25PM
Ali
The Gathering Place has opened a new thread due to having so many videos and photos that is was extremely slow loading for some.

PLEASE VISIT US HERE: THE GATHERING PLACE CHAPTER 2
http://www.houzz.com/discussions/2758566#13982700
1 Like    Bookmark   last Saturday at 5:16PM
myperfectadvice
Gorgeous kitty cat Ali
Ohhhhh sooooooooo sweet. give him a smooch from me!
    Bookmark   on Sunday at 12:29AM
Should I Buy a Bedroom Set?
I am a twenty-something buying my first furniture in...
Kayla Samuelson
Need to re-do horrible master bedroom - help!
I hate the duvet set, think the walls are the wrong...
Lisa Bosse
Need help figuring out what to do with my bedroom.
I bought my furniture a while back and I have never...
pinkststic7
How do I block a lighted sign from the view in my bedroom?
I have a dilemma I'm hoping you can help with. For...
Stephen Curry
HELP!!! I HAVE A MAHOGANY BEDROOM SET THAT NEEDS UPDATING
I HAVE THE 4-POSTER BED, DOUBLE DRESSER, ARMOIR &...
CHERILYNLOUISE
Bedroom - Can't pull it together
Please look at the before and after photos. What am...
pegeen239
Need a new wall color
What color can we choose that will work with this existing...
Allison Smith
PLEASE HELP
Our new house has all original woodwork and we were...
K Reynolds Kearney
Living room window treatments
We recently purchased a 3-story condo. Floors are natural...
rtapp
How do I accessorize my new Michelle Armas painting?
I just moved into a small one room studio in New York....
jms465