Kitchen window sugggestions
heidis123
At first I was thinking of just putting a valance inside the window frame...seems like an easy way out. I don't want to block the view to the horse arena you can see in the distance. Wall art can be changed- we just hung up things where the previous owners had placed some nails. Note: The cabinet to the left limits hanging anything of depth above the window, I can get away with some thin art piece but, that is it. Otherwise the cabinet door will not be able to open all the way or become scratched. Open to suggestions?
bevballew
First if you could take down the things and then take a pic that would be great. You could add a valance from ceiling to just the top of the window. You could add just a wrought iron type design just above the window. You could add a painted stencil around the window. You could just paint the window frame a dark color.
August 17, 2013 at 8:00am      Thanked by heidis123
bevballew
Oops I did not see the large drop from the ceiling. Forget the valance idea I suggested.
August 17, 2013 at 8:01am      Thanked by heidis123
heidis123
This is a closer view of the window.
August 17, 2013 at 8:01am   
Scott Design, Inc.
Consider these two options:
1. Top down and bottom up roller shade of casement-type fabric.
2. Remove the last cabinet door and make the cabinet an open shelf unit for cookbooks, coffee mugs, etc. This would allow a deeper window treatment. Maybe continue the upper shelf over the window?
August 17, 2013 at 8:13am      Thanked by heidis123
Kathryn Peltier Design
You don't really need any light control in here do you? Maybe consider trimming out the window in wood to match your cabinets, or if it's your style, something more fun: repurposed vintage lengths of trim in different finishes/colors - something a little funky. Or how about this: find old tack (bridles, reins, martingales, etc.), clean them up and glue them to a board to frame the window! Fun, unique and apropos to the house :-) If you want something more traditional, then make a faux blind (any style you like) and hang it at the cabinet height over the window so that it hangs just barely over the glass. This will make the window look more in proportion to the wall and the cabinets and give you an opportunity to add color and pattern.
August 17, 2013 at 8:23am      Thanked by heidis123
Family Room (Starting Over)
I'm starting over. I need suggestions on accessorizing....
dried flower arrangement
My husband thinks this dried flower arrangement is...
Backsplash alignment
Okay.The backsplash finally installed. But you will...
Property Line Disputes?
Ever have any issues with neighbors and property lines?...
New seat covers
We just got our orange covers, what do you think? Too...