Mid-tier kitchen cabinet recommendations in SoCal?
luckystar22
Hi, we are remodeling our tiny 1950's house. For budget in the kitchen, IKEA cabinets seem to be our best choice. However, the wall cabinets do not reach the ceiling and we need all the space we can get. So:

Who makes more affordable semi-custom cabinets that will reach mostly to the top? (Ideally in a more contemporary/modern look.) Or do we have to do custom wall cabinets to use up all the space?

Jenny Youngblood
The entry level Crystal cabinets called Keyline will do that. They are very reasonable considering the excellent quality but will be more than Ikea. Where about in SoCal? Look at crystal cabinets website for a dealer- but if you are in the LA area- I can recommend someone.
August 17, 2013 at 10:55am   
luckystar22
Thanks for the recommendation Jenny! We are in the LA area so happy to talk to your person.
August 17, 2013 at 11:11am   
Jenny Youngblood
Perfect. Her name is Robin Denker or Kitchens by Design in Westlake Village. She has been doing this for 20+ years. Tell her your budget and she will work with you. I interviewed over 10 designers and researched 12 brands of cabinets for a year before I decided on her and Crystal cabinets. For your more contemporary look, Keyline should be ideal. Bonus- the hinges (which are a large component of the quality of cabinetry) are the same ones they use in their upper cabinetry, so I think you will be pleased. This is also one of the few brands that lets you mix and match "lines" so you could do the majority in Keyline, but if you wanted one or two special pieces you could do Crystal or Crystal custom- that is how we got a very high end custom look for a reasonable mid level price.
August 17, 2013 at 11:39am     
Patrick Peyton
Great advise. I will keep them in mind as well as our firm is also based in Southern California and we are always looking for quality suppliers and installers to partner with.
August 17, 2013 at 6:48pm   
Patrick Peyton
August 17, 2013 at 6:48pm     
Patrick Peyton
Wow, no idea how that happened, I guess I stuttered.
August 17, 2013 at 6:49pm   
Ideas for arranging double duty living space in Family room
Long living room (looking at from front door entry)...
Need help picking gray exterior paint color
I am having the hardest time picking an exterior paint...
Need advice for DR Chairs
I would like to add two more chairs at the ends of...
Please help me design my barren conference room. .
I own a company where I sell and design custom websites....
Need Help To Find Similar Night Table
Ikea discontinued this Hemnes Rounded Night Table....