betty819
November 6, 2011 in Photo Questions
What type of paint was used on these baseboard heat registers so the paint doesn't peel off? We have them in all of our rooms in this house, even bathrooms..it must have been the rage with builders in 1977! Would love to paint ours the same color as the walls.
Shirley Corwin
He used a spray latex paint. Krylon Fusion.
November 6, 2011 at 4:57pm   
betty819
Was the cover of the baseboard heater removed in order to spray it, then replaced when spray paint was dry? How did you find a spray paint that matched your wall paint?
Many Thanks.
November 6, 2011 at 5:33pm     
Shirley Corwin
They took it all apart and sprayed it. They just used an off white that sort of matched.
November 6, 2011 at 9:15pm     
betty819
I thought the Krylon Fusion was for plastics only. This gives me encouragement to try painting those registers in the Springtime and hopefully I can find an experienced painter by then. We have a wonderful man that does just about any type of home improvement work but he's so booked up. Maybe I can make a reservations with him after the first of the year. When he paints, he says he always puts on two coats. My DH was a one coat painter and he can't physically do many handyman jobs anymore so I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and hire it out to somebody that I feel I can trust and that man is the one. He's not cheap but he's worth it! He's done work for us before.
Thanks for your input.
November 7, 2011 at 12:45am   
buckboater
what color paint is the wall
November 7, 2011 at 4:23am   
betty819
We moved here back in 2005 and the seller had the entire interior rooms painted white. I'm sure they came in with a spray gun and painted and installed new carpeting through out before listing the house. We put a contract on it within 3 days from when it went on the market as we had been looking for 6 mo. for this specific model. We do not like white walls; so we have painted one bathroom, one bedroom and the living room, dining room and sunroom. The living room and dining room are in some taupe brown/beige color. Don't know the exact color without going out into the garage to look for the can. Sungreen in a green and also the home office. Hallway in lighter shade of beige. We had crown molding installed in LR/DR and hallway. I think the Master Bedroom and bath is going to be the next project and I am thinking in the light lavender/purple shades. We use BM paints and I think I have the color fan marked what I like but that could change.
November 7, 2011 at 5:05am   
Shirley Corwin
I've used Krylon fusion for everything; wood, plastic and metal. It sticks to everything!! My black windsor dining room chairs are painted with it. (See other DR pics.)
The color of the walls is Behr, Pure Earth. I LOVE it!
November 7, 2011 at 7:02am   
betty819
Did you prime the baseboard heat registers first? Spray or handpaint with brush or roller? I'd like to try a small one by myself but it would be my luck not to be able to figure out how to get it put back together like it's supposed to be and my husband would panic and gripe about hiring somebody but he physically can't do any getting down and up anymore. We used to do all our handyman chores but age and lack of physical mobility has taken over.
February 5, 2013 at 3:01am   
betty819
Shirley Corwin,
We are finally going to get our sun room painted in a few weeks and it will be painted BM Key Largo Green. This will help pull some of the colors from living room sofa and living room valance, white woodwork and popcorn ceiling. DH wants the baseboard heat register painted the same color of the wall. I didn't mention that to the painter yet but I will get his opinion whether to go with the wall or do it same color of woodwork. Did you all prime yours first? Thank Your for all of your input and advice. It is greatly appreciated.
August 1, 2013 at 2:38pm   
Travertine pavers..45 degree or 90 degree pattern?
Hi, we're having our deck installed and I have to select...
Need help with my fireplace art or maybe stone?
My fireplace has a round shape and I'm having trouble...
DOGGY Dilemma
OK - this is not so much a design dilemma, but I've...
Window treatment for kitchen window w/ transom
This large window is in our kitchen. We used to have...
Help with design and furniture arrangement in new house!
Hello - We are moving into our new house next week...