Need ideas for bare wall

shirleenAugust 17, 2013
Sits opposite fireplace and in same room as kitchen.
Art.
2 Likes    Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 8:07PM
Marren Dizon
Mirror
    Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 10:17PM
Marc Russell Interiors
Lamp the console behind the sofa with a pair of tall buffet lamps. Console has to be inset at least 6 to 12 inches to the end of sofa. Add art to scale in the center, ditch the dated floor lamp, and the small accessories. Unless we're reflecting something pretty, no mirror! Good luck!
1 Like    Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 10:27PM
abbyjean
I think I would have the couch right against the wall with NO table behind it. It would give more room to the area, which is a fun one to have with your kitchen. AND I know this does not fly with lots here, but I personally would love to see family pics there as a gallery wall. If you keep the table, there would be room for floating shelves to display the pics and a few accessories on....layer them and have fun.
2 Likes    Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 10:32PM
daynahaley
I think a set of three 2"x2" square paintings would look really nice! Remember to place art eye level, misplaced art looks so bad. A local artist could do a series and pick up the color scheme and details from your kitchen. Your Light fixtures have really great details that could be integrated into a theme in the paintings. Then you could place throw pillows on the couch to match. And yes, losing the table behind would do wonders for your space. If you aren't attached to it.
    Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 10:09PM
daynahaley
Quick drawing. Don't judge my skills, lol
1 Like    Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 10:40PM
2dogssashatess
I agree your wall needs a picture/s but I think the room needs to be decluttered. I agree with the other poster that the floor lamp should go. There is too much clutter around the armchair in the corner by the fireplace; I would get rid of the twig arrangement behind the armchair and the vase on the floor by the fireplace. I do not think those cushions in front of the window are helping the look.
1 Like    Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 11:29PM
2dogssashatess
I think I would get rid of those small objects behind the couch if you are going to put a picture/s on that wall
    Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 11:31PM
Rina
Lamps on either side, and something like this in the middle? The culture is different, but I think the colours may speak beautifully to your armchair. And with a mirror this pretty, I don't think it matters a great deal what it reflects :). I found it on Overstock. Alternatively, art behind the sofa, and this mirror or similar above the fireplace?
1 Like    Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 11:46PM
Rina
Didn't attach. My fault.
    Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 11:47PM
Angelina Vick
Hi Shirleen, I'm an artist...but even if I weren't I would still say that wall should have art on it. Your space has a nice classic traditional feeling to it.

A few suggestions. I like the idea of that three piece arrangement, but you could also do 5 across that long wall. I have a medallion series that would suit your space nicely. I am showing an example of a setup with them, also they come in different colors, I would suggest the tan or olive for you.

Here is a direct link to the gallery:
http://angelina-vick.artistwebsites.com/art/all/ornate+designs+and+medallions/all

Feel free to contact me for consultation if you have any questions, angelinavick@ymail.com
    Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 12:05AM
cathieg
I think you need to remove the sofa table and the sticks behind the chair. I think the bottle vase next to the chair could be used elsewhere once you tweak your accessorising. I think you could add a decorative round mirror above the fireplace. Some shelves with a few select objects and art would work on the sofa wall and add some interest to this lovely room.
Miami Living Room ReStyle · More Info
1 Like    Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 2:07AM
amaradi .aristotelis amarantidis
θα το προτιμούσα με εσοχές από γύψινη κατασκευή με φωτισμό για υποδοχή διακοσμητικα στοιχειον χωρίς την tv με μια σειρα ντουλαπιών θα μπορούσε ράφια βιβλιοθήκης και προσωπικά θα μ'αρεσε να ειναι ακαταστατο το σχέδιο όχι σαν στρατιωτακια.
    Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 2:35AM
Fortunately, google translate speaks Greek, but not very well:

"I would prefer to recesses of plaster construction with lighting socket embellishment without the tv series with a closet could bookshelves and myself would be kinda messy project not as soldiers."

I agree: no soldiers in the living room.
2 Likes    Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 6:50AM
shirleen
Wow. Great ideas...o.k.
Table goes from behind sofa.
O.k table next to fireplace goes as well as vase and sticks

Thank you for all the great suggestions and photos.
    Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 8:19AM
Bare wall in family room needs decorating.
Hi All, I've got a huge bare wall in my family room...
Angie Smith
Need ideas for decorating a small dining room with one bare wall
I just painted my dining room yesterday. It's very...
nannies25
Need help with bare wall
I cannot figure out how to decorate this wall. I'm...
rsmith603
Tacky waterfall, bare walls behind stairs, stair design needs updating
I have this odd space on top of my foyer and i initially...
Nikki Sun
My Kitchen Idea Board
What do you think of the finishes together? Which island...
Terri
Painting oak cabinets
I want to have my oak cabinets painted with vanilla...
janhrussell
Need help for my bedroom
If someone can advise me as to what I should do regarding...
dgersh2389
What would you suggest for window treatment
This big bay window face south, lots of lights shining...
upperunionville
Need help with new color palette for 1994 condo bldg lobby
Hello! Our building lobby has windows/door with a bit...
martina72