Narrow family room-kitchen design dilemma
emlado
So we are finally knocking the wall between the family room and kitchen. However, I am losing the only available wall to the TV, unless I put it over the fireplace. I just hate the way that looks! How can I decorate my new family room (that is only 13 feet wide), without putting the TV on fireplace and still having comfy seating. My fireplace brick is being replaced with white mantle to match new kitchen. I will have open concept and a large island in kitchen. The only natural light is coming from the sunroom. You can see the tile surround I have also chosen for the fireplace.
kcabotsmith
Have you looked on houzz.com? They have thousands of pictures under the search "hiding television."

I like your new light colored tile choice. That is really going to lighten up the room.

If you're new Decor is going to be less traditional you may want to consider not adding a mantel to allow you to keep the television at a good viewing height. You could potentially put the television a little bit lower and cover it with one of those beautiful photo screens that automatically raises when you want to turn the television on.
0 Likes   Thanked by emlado    August 18, 2013 at 6:08AM
TVCoverUps
I think placing the TV above the fireplace will work great! You may want to consider hidden TV solutions like kcabotsmith has mention if you don't want a "black hole in your wall". One of those solutions is TVCoverUps: Framed Art (including your own!) or panel provides the focal point of the room and adds to the decor, with the TV and Entertainment Consoles hidden beneath. Units have options of Automated and Manual Lifts & allows for TV tilting hardware(allowing you to lower the TV to the perfect viewing height!). Standard Sizes available(37,42, 50, 55, 65) or have the unit built to your custom specs and situation!
0 Likes   Thanked by emlado    August 19, 2013 at 10:37AM
Need help with decorating an extremely narrow living room/kitchen
I've purchased this tiny condo with a very small and...
help with family room/kitchen!!
we have a long rectangular family room/kitchen. there...
Need advice on Family Room/Kitchen - I'm Stuck!!
Hello, I am in desperate need of some advice for my...
Need help for open concept family room/kitchen - color that will match both
I have an open concept kitchen/family room that I have...
Help with rug size and shape
We are having trouble finding the right size and shape...
Need help with Wood floors
Need advice on wood floors. My kitchen and nook area...
Help with bathroom lighting
We have a home built in the late '70's and the top...
Backsplash time!
Hi I need some help with what color/ type of backsplash...
Pulls on Closet Doors
Hi guys, Dilemma. See below picture. Top 2 closet...