Bedroom
Kirsty McFarlane
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on what color of paint would go with black and white Marylin Monroe wallpaper. This wall paper would be the statement wall ;)
Joanne Jakab Interior Design
Pick your favourite colour but then make it super pale. Marilyn was such a girlie girl I would pick a soft pink and take it up onto the ceiling Benjamin Moore 2086-70 50's Pink or 2084-70 Gentle Blush. Use a Matte sheen finish which is part way between Flat and Egg shell.
0 Likes   August 18, 2013 at 7:53AM
Kirsty McFarlane
Thanks for your comment :), I've never really liked the color pink. My favorite colors are burgundy, purple and turquoise, if I picked one of these and made it very light maybe that would work? I have a black leather sleigh bed so I would need a color that would go with this. I'm liking the turquoise idea, just not sure.
0 Likes   August 18, 2013 at 8:06AM
morristodo
What about adding a transparent wash of turquoise over parts of the wallpaper too?
1 Like   August 18, 2013 at 8:23AM
mlkr1
My daughter just recently painted her room red - Sherwin Williams Show Stopper with lots of white on the trim, windows, five doors and ceiling. The red is a deeper color, not quite maroon that is easy on the eye. She uses lots of white/black patterns elsewhere in the room and put a shaggy white rug on the oak floor. The effect is spectacular. I think this red would look good with your paper. If all the walls would be too much, consider using it on the largest wall and paint the rest to match the white color in the wallpaper.
0 Likes   August 18, 2013 at 9:29AM
wryrhino
Look to the old movie posters from her work. Also check out some of the dresses she wore to premieres or cars from the era! Plenty of great colors - pastels might be to "retro"
0 Likes   August 19, 2013 at 8:07PM
Kote Delgado B
white furnitures + pink wall (any tone) + grey curtains.. although i want to paint the smallest wall or my door with black as a chalkboard. =)

my room is also decorated with Marilyn Monroe, but i try to follow some feng shui rules, to decide which wall should be clear, for example.

greetings from chile.
0 Likes   August 19, 2013 at 10:05PM
regina5697
Pearl colored walls. Red accent pillow, like lipstick.
1 Like   August 19, 2013 at 10:14PM
2 Likes   September 11, 2013 at 10:51PM
PLease help me with MEdia Center Ideas
I have a 20x20 room with a 2 story ceiling.. My TV...
picking wood floor color
we have oak every where in our house and I want a different...
Need help to plan color scheme for 3 bed rooms
I recently bought a semi finished flat that has Plaster...
mirror bedroom furniture
need ideas to pull a master bedroom together. Love...
Looking for easy home renovation project management apps
We are knocking down our old house & building a new...