Love this floor..im using it in our bath room.
candisharpe
August 18, 2013 in Photo Questions
I am using this tile for a bathroom floor..making it contempory with white free standing tub and toliet..what color tile walls and cabinet and countertop do you recomend? quartz top ..right now planning on SW painted cabinet in Less Brown..thanks so much..
nina stewart
If you want contemporary, I'd go with white ceramic crackle subway tile 3x6. Waterworks And Calcutta marble countertop to pull in the brown Paint I'd go with a very very light soft gray
August 18, 2013 at 2:16pm     
candisharpe
thanks..i like your ideas..
August 18, 2013 at 2:20pm   
Michelle Webster
What color grout did you use
November 24, 2013 at 12:44pm   
candisharpe
my tile is porcelian and has more blue and grey..I used gray grout
November 24, 2013 at 12:51pm   
Michelle Webster
Ok thanks we are laying it as we speak in our family room and he's asking me what color grout and I wasn't sure
November 24, 2013 at 12:54pm   
Phillip Rowland
Did the tile come in good condition? Bowed at all? And do you have a picture after installation? My wife and I are rebuilding our house and considering this exact tile through BuildDirect.com
December 16, 2013 at 6:54pm     
candisharpe
Not sure if my comment was posted..I'll try to attach a photo..my tile is like a puzzle piec ..not planks..my tile man did say there is trick to installing the planks because they sometimes are bowed..they have to be layed correctly ..
December 16, 2013 at 7:30pm     
candisharpe
Another photo
December 16, 2013 at 7:31pm     
Phillip Rowland
Yeah, I know there's a little bit of bow to most of the wood look tiles because of the length. I have a family member who owns a tile company who is going to lay everything for me. Did you get this tile locally? Or did you order it online?
December 16, 2013 at 8:12pm        Thanked by candisharpe
candisharpe
I got it in Miami..this comes like a puzzle not planks..so it is not long..I love it more. we can have water from the shower etc on the floor and it is not slippery because of the texture of the tile.
February 6, 2014 at 7:08pm   
Lynnie
I want this tile on the wall of a bathroom. I just love the various colors it picks up. Was wondering if BuildDirect is the best source to get the tile. I have gone on line trying to scout out prices. Does anyone know? SF/price?
February 19, 2014 at 11:06am      Thanked by candisharpe
candisharpe
I really dont know remember the price..I bought it at Parra tile in miami its been really great on the floor..because of its rough texture it is not slippery when wet.
February 19, 2014 at 4:06pm     
Lynnie
Thank you candisharpe. :)

Just one more question: Is it all together, or a space with grout? I like it without grout and that is how your pictures look. I

I just wanted to know who had experience with this tile and thanks.
February 19, 2014 at 5:07pm   
candisharpe
Very thin grout line..you really don't see it..looks like wood. It's great in the bathroom..not slippery when wet.
March 19, 2014 at 8:10pm     
maryjoeann
Got my sample of it today from Builders Direct. Thinking of doing my whole open floor plan downstairs ..kitchen, small living room, laundry room. Decor is coastal.. White cabinetry, ocra granite counters, huge grey island and glass subway tile back splash... Think these tiles would look good? Loved the price...
March 25, 2014 at 6:12pm      Thanked by candisharpe
candisharpe
Just remember it is not a smooth tile for standing on etc..but it is beautiful.i love the colors you are bring in..I used quartz counter top in a blue grey color.. What price did u. Get..I can't wait to see it down in your large area..
March 25, 2014 at 6:45pm     
maryjoeann
Got mine at Builders Direct...$2.29 sq ft. I hope at all looks good when said and done.... Considered laminate but was afraid of the water and potential spills in kitchen. Think it might be extra hard on the feet? I was gonna use big remnants in living room and under kitchen table with scatter rug where I'd be standing in kitchen. I was concerned about it being too cold in winter.. We aren't on concrete but we are right on the Chesapeake Bay...
March 25, 2014 at 7:30pm   
candisharpe
Sounds perfect..I'm going to look up what I spent..no clue..I was buying for the walls and shower.the rugs will be perfect..everyone remarks on it when they see it..
March 25, 2014 at 8:31pm     
Would you try temporary wallpaper?
Our office has been discussing the value of temporary...
Painting a dark wood entertainment center in a cream color paint.
I have a dark wood large entertainment center that...
Help with better use of space in my very long living room
I would like to the room to feel more spacious . We...
Countertop and backsplash
I need help choosing a countertop and backsplash. I...