Change of plan
4anj
Got the couches from my parents and area rug from a friend. Now my lamps and curtains look off. Should I change them? I still haven't bought any decor yet. Any suggestions?
sstarr
I think a different area rug that doesn't pick up the circular pattern would be an improvement.
August 18, 2013 at 6:26PM     
4anj
I have no plans of changing the area rug for the next year or two. I need a home decor idea that would compliment the rug. I am planning to change the curtains.
August 18, 2013 at 6:28PM   
Stamps Design Services
The furniture should be placed around the area and actually touching it. I would change out the curtains for either white or plain color panels and add colorful pillows to accent your rug.
August 18, 2013 at 6:42PM     
sstarr
Is there plastic on the lampshades? Removing it might reduce reflections in the room.
August 18, 2013 at 6:47PM     
howellmsue
I have to chuckle. I thought immediately that you needed some green and blue pillows on the couch. I think your model wearing the green shirt and blue jeans matches your room very well. I think arranging the furniture differently and possibly turning the rug would help. What does the other side of your room look like?
August 18, 2013 at 6:48PM     
4anj
Yes. They're brand new. I am still decided if I'm gonna resell those lamp shades because I thought it doesn't go with the furnitures and rug anymore.
August 18, 2013 at 6:48PM   
howellmsue
I think lamps with a colored base (green- or even white) would look good. And definitely remove the plastic from shades.
August 18, 2013 at 6:49PM     
abbyjean
Try the couch on the long wall with only one side table and lamp with it. Put the rug under the feet of it or as close to the edge of it as possible. Then put the love seat where the couch is and the other table and lamp at the end of it......the end closest to the right of that wall opening. Place the chair BY the love seat at an angle toward the couch and then the chair can also share the end table. This will leave your window open, which I love. When you can, find some pillows that match the rug and I think you will be happy with the room. Maybe a throw in one of those colors for the chair. I think your lamps are fine. Find a nice piece of BIG art work to hang over the couch.
August 18, 2013 at 6:50PM     
Kevin xiu
hello,we are a professional manufatcuer of pvc ceiling, pvc panel products , we have18 lines ,and we are supplying pvc ceiling, and panel to USA ,Afica,mideast market , we hope we can do your OEM about pvc ceiling or panel products , so that you can low down your cost , if possible , pls email to me , so that we can delivery our product catalog and more information for you , we can produce any pvc ceiling and panel according to your moulds .Email address:kevinpvc1104@gmail.com
August 18, 2013 at 6:51PM   
abbyjean
What color are your walls? I am trying to think of a curtain color for you.
August 18, 2013 at 6:54PM     
4anj
My wall is light grey. I was gonna get a white couch but changed my mins because it's hard to maintain especially with little ones. I have posted my previous plan
August 18, 2013 at 7:00PM   
abbyjean
I like what you have NOW much better! AND light gray on the walls is what I was hoping. I would really just look for a nice white drape.
August 18, 2013 at 7:06PM     
4anj
Thanks. Just plain white for the curtains?
August 18, 2013 at 7:09PM   
abbyjean
Yes.......that will go with the white in the rug and with your lamp shades. You already have the black and the gray in your rug.
August 18, 2013 at 7:10PM     
4anj
Gotcha. Thanks guys for all your responses
August 18, 2013 at 7:17PM   
HI -- Could you please re-post proper pictures if this is on the level --- with out the models --- thank you !
August 18, 2013 at 7:18PM     
brickln
Yup- hope you have the models' permission to use the photo.
August 18, 2013 at 7:49PM     
Stamps Design Services
Here are my favorite lamps http://www.lampsplus.com/products/set-of-2-quad-stacked-crystal-table-lamps__x8518.html The style is classic and the price is great...
August 18, 2013 at 8:15PM     
4anj
Here ya go
August 18, 2013 at 8:32PM   
applecandi
I don't believe that rug will last 2-3 yrs. It would go better on the wall.
August 18, 2013 at 8:38PM   
abbyjean
Yup, I really think the chair needs to get away from the window, especially now when it looks like a tv is there, too.

If the couch and love seat are staying where they are, slide the rug so it fits with THEM. It will not extend beyond the couch.
August 18, 2013 at 8:40PM   
abbyjean
I'm sorry......rug ON THE WALL???
August 18, 2013 at 8:46PM   
4anj
??
August 20, 2013 at 4:43PM   
August 20, 2013 at 5:38PM     
4anj
I am thinking of getting rid of the single chair and add some of these circular crochet thingy. They're supposed to be a foot rest or cusion to sit on.
August 20, 2013 at 5:42PM     
4anj
Love the pillows!
August 20, 2013 at 5:43PM   
4anj
Oh is my cherry tree okay in there?
August 20, 2013 at 5:45PM   
chemayne
I would recommend you move the artificial cherry blossom to another room (perhaps your dining room) and introduce a mirror on the far wall over the loveseat. Examples:
Asian Murray Feiss Helena 34" Wide Round Wall Mirror
Mirrors

Bring in some fresh greenery instead like this dracaena (aka ironwood) for a zen feel.
DRACAENA MASSANGEANA Potted plant
Red Lacquer Asian Bowl ~ Ikebana
August 20, 2013 at 5:57PM     
chemayne
I think the poofs are fun pieces to have in the space but I don't think you need to remove the armchair. I would instead add a garden seat beside it for dual function and another shot of complementing colour.

August 20, 2013 at 6:09PM     
abbyjean
The cherry tree just does not belong...sorry! There should be NO floor showing in front of the couch and love seat. The rug should be covering all of that space, and it will if you move it down. Do not have it extend beyond the couch.
August 20, 2013 at 8:24PM     
Pull rug closer to sofa. Add glass round coffee table 24". Add big art over sofa in he lime greens. Hang 5" above top of sofa. Add teal and lime green pillows to sofa. Change panels to a dark gray woven fabric. Use white accents.
August 20, 2013 at 8:30PM     
Take plastic off lamps.
August 20, 2013 at 8:31PM     
Add small tables next to chairs. Add white pots tall. TJMax has some good art and decor. Even panels for windows.
August 20, 2013 at 8:32PM   
Lamps are fine keep them.
August 20, 2013 at 8:33PM   
I like the colorful foot stools above but go black you can over do the green and blue.
August 20, 2013 at 8:35PM     
Preliminary house plan! Anything you'd change?
I'm absolutely in love with my house plan... It's 1900+...
planning a remodel- not sure how to "envision" changes
What resources have others used for "working up" or...
Our living room is driving me crazy. Please help!
This room was one of the reasons we loved this house...
Living room needs some life
My living room is missing that pop of colour that can...
Need help for a screened rear porch
Would like to remodel and update the rear screened...
Difficult living room layout
I have a long and narrow living room with way too many...