Lila
November 8, 2011 in Other
Hi there, I need some help to decorate my dining room. I have removed the furniture around the fireplace and dont know what to to replace with. I need some cheap and easy to do solution as I am on a very low budget.
Hi roseli, an economical way to transform a fireplace like the one you have is painting it white. It will look fresh especially with the wood flooring you.

Some fireplace ideas :

Lovely Living Room

Amoroso Design

Dining Rooms:

the hideout

Forest Manor Model Home
November 8, 2011 at 7:14AM   
cathrine_m
That's a good suggestion. I would also create a still life on top of it - of matching items. Could be a nice arrangement of vases, candle holders etc.
November 8, 2011 at 8:56AM   
mmonika
I am usually not a fan of painting brick because its a one-way street and no going back. Although in this case, this brick doesn't look fabulous on its own.
Maybe try paint out all the woodwork all around the fireplace first and see if that is enough, and if not, go for the fireplace :-) You could beef up the mantle a little bit with some trim, thicker board or getting a salvaged piece of lumber (if your looking for character). The mantle needs some 'omphf! '
Use semi-gloss paint for your shelving and fireplace (easier to clean).
On your mantle, create a great vignette with your photos, get some large artwork to lean on it, some mirrors to reflect light and some beautiful vases. Enjoy your new look
November 8, 2011 at 11:35AM   
Julie Powers
If you dont use the fireplace put some candles inside of all different heights. Even try the candles that run on batteries they look great.
November 8, 2011 at 4:44PM   
Lila
Hi guys,
Thank you so much for your comments/ideas.
I am so glad I found this website. You guys are amazing, the pictures are amazing, I could spend an entire month just looking at them.

We have decided to cover up the fireplace entirely with some ‘white’ laminate (I know, awful but that was the best thing we could think of as neither myself or my husband are handyman and we can’t afford to pay anyone at the moment). Then will have the white furniture around.

We have removed the old one as it was way too old and ugly so painting wouldn’t do any good.

Later on I will put a picture of the framing we did and I need some ideas on what to do at the front of the fireplace (which will be covered) so is not so plain. Note this is a dining area and we won’t be using the fireplace at all.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions. Really appreciated.
November 8, 2011 at 5:06PM   
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
using 12 x 24 white tile on tub surround. Should I go matte or glossy
I have a 72" x 42" undermount tub (24" deep) going...
Kitchen with mahogany too much red tone. Please advise.
Hi everyone We r remodeling our kitchen and the contractor...
Need help picking out cushions for living room
I'm trying to finish up the living room. Would love...
Lets start working on the guest room
While I wait on items to arrive for the other rooms,...