How to fill this corner?
jeanniebalducci
I have a bare corner in my living room. I was thinking of nesting tables with iron base as there is already lots of wood in the room. A tall sculpture would work, but expensive. I already have tall plants on another wall, so no more plants.
abbyjean
How about a tall basket in the shape of a vase/pot to match the color and tone of the table between the blue chairs and fill it with some orange curly reeds?
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 12:32PM
abbyjean
OR you can leave it, too, as when I look at your room I am not upset by the space there. Sometimes the eye likes that blank spot more!
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 12:34PM
PH Interiors, LLC
I would remove the small round table between the chairs and add a larger table with a tall lamp in the corner. Tho I think the round table is very pretty, it looks a bit crowded.
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 12:35PM
jeanniebalducci
Thanks AbbyJean -- I doesn't look bad when facing the sofa as in pic #1, but entering the room from the open concept dining room (pic#2) it definitely looks bare.
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 12:37PM
I would put a floor lamp in that space.
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 12:38PM
abbyjean
Margo.......did you see the one on the other side? Move that one or add another?
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 12:40PM
oops, no, I did not see it, but I would move it to that space;) thanks abbyjean, good catch!
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 12:42PM
abbyjean
I am guessing it is on the other side for someone to use while enjoying the chaise? I would, that is for sure!!!
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 12:43PM
Well, either way, that space needs lighting as there is 3 seats with no lamp.
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 12:45PM
abbyjean
So how about the nesting tables with a fun orange lamp on them????? An orange base???

IF you get the nesting tables, I might have to agree that the small table between the blue chairs would have to go as then that end is overwhelmed with flat surfaces. I can't fully see the other end by the chaise.......could that fun little table go down there to put your book on when you finish reading it???
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 12:47PM
jeanniebalducci
Thanks for all of your ideas, everyone. I think I will put a table(s) there with a lamp and move the little round table. Yes, the floor lamp stays where it is to provide light for the chaise area.
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 1:23PM
PH Interiors, LLC
Hi Jeannie - just one more thought - make sure the table is not too small (a common mistake). It should take up about 75% of that area width wise. Lovely room!
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 1:27PM
Lights Online
A table with a lamp is definitely a great idea! Adding more light to a room is always helpful and can make a room look even better than it already does.
But for an unusual yet still functional look, there are some floor lamps that actually have tables built into them! For example, the Kenroy Home Hadley (hardy enough for outdoor use but is ok to use indoors, http://www.lightsonline.com/floor-lamps/kenroy-home-hadley-outdoor-floor-lamp-in-cherrywood-32196cygy/ ) or Dimond Corvallis (http://www.lightsonline.com/floor-lamps/dimond-corvallis-floor-lamp-in-clear-polished-nickel-d2310/).
So, a table or floor lamp can work well to fulfill your need.
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 1:32PM
CDR Design
I would like to see more pictures. However, my immediate reaction is that the room is too crowded. Also, I do not like the chaise by the window, blocking it.

Would you consider moving the couch to where the chairs are and then moving the chairs to where the couch is?
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 1:38PM
No more tables. It's too busy now. Add a tall big palm can be silk. Add the tall gray item to table between chairs take way other items on that. Less is more. Remove things from coffee table jut have books in corner. Clean lines.
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 1:42PM
I like paint colors. Take plant you have in other room add to coffee table on end. Add items you had on other table and coffee to that hall tree in other room.
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 1:44PM
Mirror in other room too small go twice the size. Rectangle . In a a Mosaic tile in turquoise for some color. Pier one has them. Or world market.
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 1:46PM
jeanniebalducci
Thanks, but this arrangement works best for the couch. As you can see by the attached new photo, there is plenty of window (120" or 3 door panels) across the room. Also, tv is on the wall across from the couch.
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 1:51PM
abbyjean
I think a table and lamp will work nicely to balance out that wall....not only will it fill in the corner, but it will balance the height the other lamp has started. Seriously.....is there room for that little table between the blue chairs by the chaise if you take it away from the chairs?
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 1:59PM
jeanniebalducci
Yes, I can put the little barrel table on the other side of the chaise.
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 2:05PM
abbyjean
Oh, yes! I get dibs on that spot for this evening!!!
    Bookmark   Thanked by jeanniebalducci    August 20, 2013 at 2:06PM
CDR Design
I understand the window is large. However, visually, you want your largest piece to face the focal point, which is the window and ideally, there should be nothing blocking the window.

There should be 2 pieces of art on that wall....same size and style or one longer piece.

I agree with travisinteriors. Mirror in hall is way too small. The plant on the table in the hall should go away.

Coffe table should have large, coffee table books stacked neatly..... and maybe one large organic piece. Nothing else.
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 4:22PM
Campbell Window and Door
Rattan Corner Hutch to match table between chairs. Might be hard to find but I bet you could on HOUZZ
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 4:37PM
madhubunny
What is that wall color? I like it!
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 4:47PM
jeanniebalducci
Behr Paint: Toffee Crunch 700D-5
    Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 10:20PM
CDR Design
By the way, I want to say that your house is gorgeous. I love the arches and the wide-plank flooring. You also have made some great choices in your furniture.

A few more suggestions:

-if you ever buy a new couch, I would buy something in a lighter shade.
- hanging your drapes higher would give a more dramatic effect.
    Bookmark   Thanked by jeanniebalducci    August 21, 2013 at 4:10AM
How to fill ?!?!??
It is an open living room/dining room/kitchen area,...
jannette chavez
Need help filling the living room corner
Hi everyone, I'm contemplating what to put in this...
Eusden Shing
Need help filling a corner in a tall room
My main living room has a pitched ceiling which leaves...
alnol5
How to fill up large wall space
Hi, We have a large wall and I could use some advice...
cmort57
I need help changing the look of my exterior
We need to replace the roof in the spring, so we thought...
pandolfo28
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
toatsmcgoats
Help with dining room color
What colors go with Normandy blue bm
ljknc
need RUG ideas to go with my light grey sofa and blue curtains...?
My earlier post outlined the problems I had when I...
fredsmommy
How do I accessorize my new Michelle Armas painting?
I just moved into a small one room studio in New York....
jms465