Help choosing color for my living room
gv119
I thought i found the perfect color for my living room, it is confort gray by sherwin williams, i liked it because in pictures it looked a light green blue with a gray touch, i also tried rainwashed by sw, But when i applied to my walls both colors look blue, my living room has no direct sun light and is dark. I am attaching a pic of the room ( blog cabin show) . The color in this room is confort gray but this room has plenty light so the color looks very different. Please help!!!
dianahb
I rather like that color in this room. Is this your room, because it looks like it gets a lot of light??. Gray is always a problem, and you always have to test it in your own home. This room looks like it gets a lot of natural light, and natural daylight is blue-- which will almost always offer a blue cast to everything. One beige/gray that I've used is Ben Moore's 'Wind's Breath.' I mention it all the time, but it has zero blue in it. Very plain, but when you put it against white trim work, it offers a very clean light look. If you want gray, I'd go to a Ben Moore paint store and ask. Typically, a good store specializing in paints (not a big box store) will have someone there who knows paints and can help you. Tell them you do not want any gray with a blue or green cast to it.
August 21, 2013 at 8:11am   
gv119
The room you see in this picture is from a blog cabin show and it is what I want my living room to look like. My living room has the same layout with a cathedral ceiling, except it is a north facing room and dark. I love green blue color but confort gray it looked blue in my room, and no hint of green at all.
August 21, 2013 at 8:34am   
dianahb
Oh, I see. Well, there are plenty of gray-green paints out there. I would really recommend going to a paint store and finding someone who knows paints (and they do typically have them at individual paint stores). Take a picture of your room, too. In my experience, paints always show up darker (no matter how light the room) than what it appears on a card or in the can. Benjamin Moore has great colors -- and even a pale sage green might work for you, rather than a gray-green. I would spend the money on sample paints and just paint on your walls and live with those samples for a week or so--- see how the time of day affects the color/look.
August 21, 2013 at 8:39am   
shortped
SW Clary Sage?
August 21, 2013 at 8:44am   
Did you use their "chip-it" program with your rug before deciding? Here's the read I got on your space. Some of these grays may be better. Before you jump in again, buy sample pots of the colors and large white poster board. Paint a 12" square of each color on each board. Hang them around the space with blue painter's tape and watch what the colors do in different natural and artificial light. The white board is supposed to keep your current color from having influence over the painted sample.
August 21, 2013 at 8:51am   
Eve Horowitz
Ben Moore Silken Pine
August 21, 2013 at 8:53am   
Need help in choosing a third color for my accessory in my living room
I have two different Wood color between my living room...
Need help with choosing color for my living room/kitchen.
I'm thinking about a light yellow or gray. What do...
Need help choosing a paint color for my living room
I am currently installing white oak wood panels with...
need help choosing a paint color for my living room.
I have cherry stained crown molding and base boards...
Need help choosing wall paper color and design in my living room
I have a big living room in French classic style with...
Curb appeal needed. DESPERATELY.
We bought this house six months ago. As you can see...
lights, fans or both?
We have 3 electrical boxes on our new covered porch...
Kitchen Island Decor
I have a large island in my kitchen and am struggling...
Curb Appeal: Porch or Architectural Interest?
Looking to add some architectural interest to a 1970's...
Need help with our living room
I need help on how to design our living room, and put...