Need help with living room wall and table accents and curtains?
pj530nm45
My living room is long and open to my dining room. The accent wall in my living room is a dark brown. The side walls are cream. My dining room is olive. I need help blending them color schemes together. Also I want to change wall decor, curtains and add pieces on tables. Please help!
Your dark spaces will be improved with removal of the dark curtains and valences in favor of roman shades under stationary panels in a lighter color. Replace your brown wall with the same or a lighter shade of the olive in the dining room if you're satisfied with that color. If you want a complete change look into greige. Can't see your dining lighting but would hang the sofa mirror vertically between the sconces in the dining room and would remove the dated floral sconces from behind the sofa. You need art hanging about 5" above the sofa back, and the art above the mantel needs to be lowered as well. See how it is closer to the ceiling than to the mantel and is hanging higher than the door frame. Those are clues that it is hung too high. Replace the builder's special foyer light with a semi flush drum fixture. You'll gain a lot of floor space if you'll simply hang a flatscreen TV on the wall and remove the space gobbling cabinet.
August 21, 2013 at 10:16AM   
Forgot to attach this about greige.

August 21, 2013 at 10:18AM   
Light In Art
You definitely need to brighten this room. The curtains are too dark, which takes away a lot of natural light. Also, if you want to change your wall decoration, you should think about something light fire stone that light up a room, or even put a white chandelier to give the room more light. We make Contemporary Stained Glass Lighting and Art and we make fire stones that can be customized as well as chandeliers. We customize size and color; visit our website at http://www.lightinart.com/ to see some options.
August 21, 2013 at 2:02PM   
Need help with curtains and accents for my living room
Hi there. We recently moved into a home and are looking...
Need help with selecting an accent wall color for our living room
Hi, our living rm walls are celery ice (I've attached...
Need Help selecting living room rug and accent wall color
Hello Houzz Community :) I recently purchased a...
Living room dilemmas! I need suggestions
I've been struggling since I moved into our condo with...
Need help for our kitchen
We are currently thinking of remodeling our kitchen...
Looking for someting to go on the wall in my dining room
Looking for something that does not compete with the...
Music in your home?
Do you regularly have music playing in your home? ...
Help, small dining room space!
Should I replace my large buffet with the size of the...