Please help me with a floor plan and/or summit ideas

reydeicuoriAugust 21, 2013
I just bought this open floor odd apartment and I need help to make it the perfect living apartment.
As you can see in the picture this apartment has many windows and openings into the balcony, is a corner apartment, has a balcony all around, so I have a problem with the bedroom size. How can I make a more efficient layout.
Note: The main utilities (gas, electric, water) come thru the concrete floor and are located in the area where I layout the bathroom in my picture
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ncreature
So do those walls exist or did you just buy an empty shell. Obviously this does not work and would need to be worked on by an architect. There's a number of code violations and things like pocket doors where you can't have them, etc.
    Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 12:55PM
PRO
Dytecture
Agreed, very difficult to make suggestions without knowing what is existing and what can't be moved.
    Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 1:08PM
ncreature
Just messing around in CAD I sort of came up with something like this to better utilize the space you have. Of course without knowing what is and is t there it's a shot in the dark but the idea was to help you see that the circulation of the space could be better. Also this is more or less thrown together so don't take it as anything meant to be real, the dimensions are rough (the bathroom sink is out of scale, etc). Its just a rough guide.
3 Likes    Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 2:58PM
PRO
ReSquare Architecture + Construction
If you are in the US and this is an apartment in a multi-unit building, you will in all likelihood legally need an Architect to do any layout changes, so might as well get one on board right away.
1 Like    Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 5:10PM
reydeicuori
The apartment is an empty shell on the top floor, there no interior walls, there are also many windows and glass doors leading to the balcony, the building is a new construction 10 floors 2 years old concrete and rebars construction. I will definitively hire an architect, but I also like to know different ideas, the measurements are in the previous print,
    Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 7:36PM
reydeicuori
Thanks for the idea ncreature, the apartment is in Europe , I live in the USA but I want to make it my soon part time retirement place. I know I need an architect and a designer, as I said before I also like to have ideas.
    Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 8:10PM
ncreature
Yea its kind of a crazy footprint, but I think as long as you go with a good architect you should be fine. Many European architects are often very skilled in turning, shall we say 'interesting' spaces into something that works. A quick chat with them will help you nail down whatever programming requirements you need. Best wishes on your retirement and future.
1 Like    Bookmark   August 22, 2013 at 12:28AM
PRO
ReSquare Architecture + Construction
@reydeicuori: ok, good to hear! I did not mean to not look for ideas here, sorry!

My suggestion, if it's not too exposed for you, is to have the bedroom in the angled wall area. Get it away from the front door and close to the plumbing stack. That way bed and bath are tucked away from the entrance and you enter into what can be an open kitchen/living space that has a view directly out from the entrance to draw you in.

Your Architect can work out the fine details from there!
1 Like    Bookmark   August 22, 2013 at 9:30AM