Home Office New Design
ckoeppel
Here is a new design I came up with today for my home office. The walls would be painted in SW 6222 Riverway, the ceiling would be painted in SW 7016 Mindful Gray, and the trim in SW 7008 Alabaster. What do you think of this one?
indianpatti
Love the art! I'd go with a soft green print curtain .. wall color is very pretty!
August 21, 2013 at 2:26PM      Thanked by ckoeppel
chemayne
Love the wall and ceiling colours! Any other art options? Something like these?
Honeycomb Abstract Art
Allure Giclee
August 22, 2013 at 5:59AM      Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
chemayne, I really love the honeycomb artwork, but I don't think it is available anymore. Do you think the aquamarine accessories go with these two prints and what about the curtains? I love the wall color, but I worry it might be too dark for the room and all the dark furniture. What do you think? I am starting to think I need to hire someone to put this all together for me. I am getting confused!
August 22, 2013 at 10:07AM   
AID Community
guys can you please take a look at my post and help me? http://www.houzz.com/discussions/617889/Dining-and-living-area-----
August 22, 2013 at 10:09AM   
chemayne
I love the aqua accessories you have pulled for the idea board so far. I pulled the art alternatives only because it needed a shot of yellow somewhere. Looking forward to your completed home office pictures! ;-)
August 22, 2013 at 11:01AM      Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
chemayne, I am SUPER excited! I found three prints I love that go well with the aquamarine and the rest of my furniture. I do think I am going back to the weimaraner colored walls just to keep it simple. I have attached the prints. The two with the frames go together and then there is one larger one. Both prints allow me to incorporate other colors.
August 22, 2013 at 1:31PM     
ckoeppel
Attached are my two new versions. I am just not sure on the curtain color - venetian blue or aqua?
August 22, 2013 at 1:39PM   
ckoeppel
Here they are on the blue background.
August 22, 2013 at 1:45PM     
chemayne
Crumbs! Choices galore! Still like the blue wall. Which artwork speaks to you?
August 22, 2013 at 11:16PM      Thanked by ckoeppel
obytheway
Those prints are beautiful. I like both wall colors, but have to give an edge to the blue. It just ties all the elements of your room together so nicely. Love the piece above the file cabinet. It ties in with your brown chair so well. All in all, a beautiful room!
August 23, 2013 at 3:20AM      Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
Thanks, chemayne and obytheway, I feel like I am at the finish line! I like both prints so that is my only remaining decision. I have decided to go with the blue since it has been an unanimous favorite. Now my next struggle is persuading my husband to paint those colors! Thanks for all your help!
August 23, 2013 at 9:02AM     
chemayne
Good luck with the painting and decorating. Pictures of the "finish" please!
August 24, 2013 at 5:05AM   
Ginny Reames
I've only looked at photos and created ideabooks on houzz. Is there a way to create idea boards, or is that an app? If its an app please give me the name of it. I LOVE your plan!
August 24, 2013 at 5:10AM   
Ginny Reames
Ckoeppel- love the art you found. Where are they from? And what app/program did you use to create the boards?
August 29, 2013 at 5:22AM   
ckoeppel
Ginny Reames, I am a web designer and I use a program called "Fireworks" to do all my photo and image editing. My boards weren't done using an app, just created them myself with this program. I am glad you love the art I found. It is actually sold at Z Gallerie. It is available online and in store. Of course in store you won't have to pay the additional weight charge or shipping which will save you some money. Thank you for your comments!
August 29, 2013 at 6:40AM   
Ginny Reames
Ckoeppel, I do most everything from my ipad now....its spoiled me. That's such a great way to be able to do it. I've found a few apps that try to do that but they are pretty bad. I love z-gallery! I just helped a friend decorate her living room and got these twig pieces from there. They add a wonderful texture.
August 29, 2013 at 6:31PM   
ckoeppel
Ginny Reames, I have seen those in the store and considered buying them to hang in a set of three in my house. They have awesome accessories! Love your pic!
August 29, 2013 at 8:10PM   
Ginny Reames
Thank you! I think your office is going to be wonderful. Im going to use another two in a bedroom im going to redo. Are you buying everything new? I love auctions and am able to get well made pieces for a fraction of the cost. I did this room for my cleaning lady with some new accessories, a new couch and chair and mostly auction finds for $2,000 total incl new furniture. Here are some before and after pics
August 30, 2013 at 5:01AM   
Ginny Reames
Before pic of the cane chair
August 30, 2013 at 5:07AM   
Ginny Reames
I love love love color and both wall colors you chose were great. Surprisingly I'm more for the Weimaraner color in this room though as you are adding so many elements with color and have dark wood. I think the lighter neutral may have more sophistication and a lighter feel to the room. But really you can't go wrong with either in my opinion.
August 30, 2013 at 5:19AM   
Ginny Reames
Oops I left out the point of showing pics. Even if saving money isn't a consideration, its kind of fun to add a piece or two that you transform into a room. Auctions often have awesome desks and console tables as well as chairs. Might be fun to add to your room. Just a thought.....you really don't need any help though your ideas are great.
August 30, 2013 at 5:28AM   
ckoeppel
Ginny Reames, your redesign looks awesome! I love the lamps!
August 30, 2013 at 10:14AM   
Ginny Reames
Thanks! Post after pics of your office.
August 30, 2013 at 12:21PM   
ckoeppel
I need to get a final vote on which paint color everyone likes for my home office. In the first picture the walls would be painted in SW 6222 Riverway, the ceiling would be painted in SW 7016 Mindful Gray, and the trim in SW 7008 Alabaster. In the second picture the walls would be painted in BM Weimaraner,
September 3, 2013 at 4:01PM     
Ginny Reames
Both are great but I vote Weimaraner
September 3, 2013 at 4:09PM     
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Hello ckoeppel! Your design is really nice but.......I don't find either goes well with the wallpaper.....sorry! Unless the colours don't show up the same on my screen. I would go for the darker tone of greige in the wallpaper.
September 3, 2013 at 4:21PM   
ckoeppel
Hi Lydia, there isn't any wallpaper. There is an area rug and wall art. The background colors are paint colors.
September 3, 2013 at 4:25PM   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Oops......I thought the print was for wallpaper.....lol! In that case I prefer the Riverway. Everything stands out more especially the wall art.
September 3, 2013 at 4:30PM     
ckoeppel
OK, good, I like the Riverway, too! :)
September 3, 2013 at 4:46PM   
ckoeppel
Lydia, do you like it better than the attached design?
September 3, 2013 at 4:58PM     
Lydia (Kazza Design)
I like the Riverway much better. All you see in this design scheme is black.....nothing else stands out (although that might be the point!). I noticed in the first pic you had chosen some printed curtains. I think those look better than plain curtains unless you decide to go with some silk curtains the same colour as the wall to make it monochromatic. You're getting very good at this though.....keep it up!
September 3, 2013 at 5:33PM   
ckoeppel
Thanks, Lydia! I bought the first lamp from Pier 1 yesterday. It is 24 inches tall and I worry it is too short for my desk. I found the other two that I like but which do you think goes better with the design I am working with?
September 4, 2013 at 10:05AM   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Hard to tell which height would work better given the room isn't done yet. I find the first lamp would just disappear in the wall.....too much the same colour (if you decide to go with Riverway). I really like the turquoise lamp.....it would stand out more but I wouldn't put two turquoise vases.....it would be too much. The glass one is also nice but I still prefer the texture and shape of the turquoise one.
September 4, 2013 at 4:41PM   
PT Designs Inc. Paula Tranfaglia - Decorating Den
Great job! Love the concept...much prefer the "riverway" art as I have used the other option...the "pair" before and although nice...they have a sheen which is reflective and thus too contemporary with a slight "inexpensive" feel to them.

Also, I don't mind the first lamp as it pulls tones of the wall into the center of the room...big believe in theory that "everything doesn't have to be bold or make a big statement...sometimes less/subtle is more" - great job! Congrats!
September 4, 2013 at 4:49PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
Ginny Reames
Looks like its coming together great! Where did you find the prints? Also, how wide and deep is the desk? Love the look but the shades seem pretty wide. Unless the table is larger than it seems
September 4, 2013 at 5:57PM   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Looked at your pics again and I see how the first lamp fits into the design. I really like the texture of that lamp!
September 4, 2013 at 6:42PM   
papisano
Mindful gray is beautiful. I just did over my home office so I completely understand your frustration. Go with what you think looks best and I'm sure it will be beautiful. Here's my office. Do you like it?
September 4, 2013 at 9:22PM   
Anne
Blue gets my vote
September 4, 2013 at 9:33PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
papisano, yes I like it! I love the hardwood floors! The color is soft.
September 5, 2013 at 9:16PM   
ckoeppel
Ginny Reames, I found the prints at Z Gallerie . Here are the dimensions of the desk: 61.75" w x 30" h x 36" d and a link to it: http://ethanallen.com/Arc%20Desk/239140,en_US,pd.html?start=15&cgid=home-office-desks. I didn't pay as much as they are asking for it now. I got a great deal and Ethan Allen furniture is timeless and will last forever. Thank you!
September 5, 2013 at 9:20PM     
Ginny Reames
Thanks for the print info. I've looked all over etsy and didn't think of checking there. The desk is plenty large enough for tye lamp. Hard to tell scale sometimes. I'm sure it's going to be beautiful
September 9, 2013 at 3:49PM        Thanked by ckoeppel
ckoeppel
So my office is painted like the photo at the top of this discussion and I am starting to move everything in. Which chair do you think looks better with everything I have going on in the room?
October 22, 2013 at 12:54PM   
I like the chippendale back chair best!
October 23, 2013 at 5:07PM   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
I also really like the faux bamboo chair. The other one reminds me of outside patio furniture. ;)
October 23, 2013 at 7:11PM   
I'd like to design my new home office space
What's the approximate cost of this workstation?
Our new home office
My husband did every bit of the work on this project...
Need HELP for color/style of an area rug for new home office!
I have been driven crazy on what colors and style of...
Need advice for my space
This is a apartment so there are limitation when it...
Choosing paint color for year-round sunroom
Seeking suggestions for paint colors for a sunroom,...
Furniture placement problems in guest room
I've been thinking about what to do with this guest...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...