Tasting room for a brewery
barbaragallob
We want to design a comfortable tasting room which gives our guest an opportunity to relax as they have a beer.
Cottage Craft Tile
I'd invite you to check out our Cottage Craft Tile website at www.artsandcraftstileshop.com Our tiles have a warm / homey feel- If you're a micro brewery looking to stay in keeping with that hand crafted artisan feel-it might be a good fit-good luck with your project!
August 25, 2013 at 6:54pm     
Make the seating comfortable.
August 25, 2013 at 7:04pm      Thanked by barbaragallob
nwduck
What's your location, generally? The vibe micro-brew fans enjoy varies by geography, I think. What does the space look like now?
August 25, 2013 at 11:01pm   
Ironwood Builders
Seems Sonoma County is sort of a Mecca for micro-brew aficionados...I've been to 5 or 6 and I don't drink beer. In most instances there is a glass wall or viewing area into the brewery...beyond that, they all look kind of like bars. I think beer drinkers are comfortable in bars..so what kind of bar...not a sophisticated martini bar....or a high design wine bar....or a cigar and whiskey bar with dark finishes and lots of brown leather... Perhaps a variation on the English pub?
August 26, 2013 at 12:03am      Thanked by barbaragallob
rome1210
U gry T
August 26, 2013 at 12:24am   
barbaragallob
The Brewery is located in the Inland Empire and is in its very raw stages. We are consulting with interior designers to get some ideas but we wanted to here from people who would enjoy spending time in the brewery as a consumer. Thanks for the input. Looking forward to the decorating project.
August 27, 2013 at 5:03pm   
nwduck
Barbaragallob: Greetings from micro-brew land in Portland! The poster above that mentioned the glass wall with a view into the "innards" has a good point. Maybe some etched glass with your brewery's logo. Given where you are, you might do a little lighter, brighter version of the pub concept. Lighter wood, copper fixtures, greens/yellows/orange tiles, stained concrete floor, cushy fabric seating that's not identical throughout, maybe some benches, really flexible tables (easy to push together, pull apart, on pedestals, not 4 legs), I'd skip booth seating. The tiles in the first poster's pic have the colors right, it seems. I'd pay close attention to the lighting scheme, as somehow brewpubs have much more "atmospheric" lighting than the general bar/restaurant. Pics and bios of the brewmaster(s). Outdoor seating would be a plus, if you've got the space for it. Best wishes!
August 27, 2013 at 8:02pm   
lkg1984
Here's the design for a new-ish brewpub in NE Seattle, Elliott Bay Brewing. http://edgedesignbuild.com/2012/08/elliott-bay-brewing-lake-city/
I especially love the barn doors they use inside when they need to close off certain sections.
August 27, 2013 at 9:37pm   
Kitchen Backsplash Help!
Ideas anyone!? I wanted a clean simple gray colored...
Front door colour
I'm stuck with these house colours for awhile. Soft...
Describe Scandinavian style in one word!
Scandi might be the darling look of 2014, it's BIG....
Decorating Advise for Dinning Room.
I'd like to start a clean slate with my dining room....