Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jtc82

What material did you use to make the vent cover?

jtc82
10 years ago
Living Room, Concealed Air Return · More Info

Comments (6)

• jtc82
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    What is MDF and how did you attach it to the wall?
  • PRO
    Ernesto Santalla PLLC
    10 years ago
    MDF is a dense wood material made up of minuscule particles. Because it is a man-made material, it is dimensionally stable, meaning it won't expand or contract with heat or humidity. The nature of the material also enables very precise cuts and joints, so a lot of modern furniture and cabinetry is made of MDF. This piece is essentially a large box with vent grooves, and was designed by Studio Santalla, but as we did not complete the installation, I cannot tell you exactly how it was mounted. I imagine that there are cleats on the backside that lock into corresponding mounts on the wall. If you would like to have something similar designed for your home, we would love to work with you. Please give us a call at 202-338-8220 for more information.
  • dcombe
    9 years ago
    so this is a cover for na intake vent to cover an ugly part o the wall? great idea
  • PRO
    Ernesto Santalla PLLC
    9 years ago
    Thank you. This is a very strong focal point in the room and we created this console to reclaim it.
  • dcombe
    9 years ago
    i have this exact issue w wall needed for tv above the intake vent would this be able to be designed tho mount 42 inch tv in the middle section here perfect w overhang to put wireless box below? about this same size wall