Where do i go from here
azanhem
I like this mirror wall art,i have changed the layout of the tv...where do i go from here.what about the rug color can it be a small rug under the coffee table or should it be big.The would go up on the wall wih a IKEA`s off the floor media storage.Also what color should i select for curtains.What color options do i have to compliment the art.I can replace the art if nothing else works.Any thoughts.
abbyjean
I am not sure I would put a rug on a rug here. I know it would give some color and anchor the space, but we can get color from other places......like pillows. Find a pattern with the teal and gray and white and put those on the white to break up the leather in the room. Get some throws for the furniture and maybe drape one over the open end of the sectional. Find light gray curtains for your walls and a pop on the coffee table.....which I do not see yet. I am wondering about the art over the love seat. I LOVE it and it is the inspiration for the whole room for me, but I just think both of them side by side are too big for that space. When you hang panels on the windows, part of that area is going to be filled in, too.
0 Likes   Thanked by azanhem    August 22, 2013 at 11:11AM
abbyjean
You need end tables and lamps in here, too. Not sure if you have tables picked out that go with a coffee table? Glass topped ones??? Lamps will also give color to the room with the base that you choose.
0 Likes   August 22, 2013 at 11:14AM
azanhem
Thank you abbyjean, i never thought about the curtain panels taking some part of the wall space.I would need to replace the art work.
0 Likes   August 22, 2013 at 11:16AM
abbyjean
I know you said you changed the lay out of the room, but I am sitting here and feeling like those beautiful windows are being forgotten. Will the tv work where the love seat is and then flip the sectional around to face the tv and the windows??? THEN the art can work over the sectional!!!! And the love seat will also not be in the way of the curtain panels.
0 Likes   August 22, 2013 at 11:18AM
azanhem
i am so lost here.I have not yet picked the cofee table and the side tables for lamps yet or the color for the room.I am wondering where do i start.Should i buy an artwork first or paint the walls first then look for art .
0 Likes   August 22, 2013 at 11:20AM
abbyjean
I love the teal and gray that I am seeing in the art and I think they make perfect accents with your furniture! I would look for some glass topped tables to keep the light and airy feeling going. Pillows will be fun in those colors and easy to find, too, as it is a common combo to use.
0 Likes   August 22, 2013 at 11:25AM
azanhem
A photo of previous lay out...
0 Likes   August 22, 2013 at 11:26AM
azanhem
I also tried this as window treatment
0 Likes   August 22, 2013 at 11:29AM
abbyjean
OK......I think I like the tv between the windows and I would love to see the sectional flipped so it faces the windows and center the love seat in front of the windows then. THAT will still not block the windows too much. Then you can also KEEP this art and use it on that nice big wall the sectional would be on.

I would love to see something bigger and more elegant on those windows. You really do not need to cover the window since you have them covered already with the blinds. Panels on each side for looks only will work and look soooo much better. You will also want them higher with the rods closer to the ceiling. BUT now I am wondering, too, as I see the windows go all the way to the corners and panels on the sides are going to be tougher here. Maybe you will be ok with just the blinds right now and add the color and softness and texture with pillows and throws instead.
0 Likes   August 22, 2013 at 11:32AM
chemayne
You don't need curtains if your shutters are already providing adequate block out and privacy. You don't need a rug either if the coffee table (silver nova tempered glass) will be back in use after the tv is housed in the ikea unit. What you do need are more colour hits in the room. That's an unusual mirror art. Keep them.

I think you need to introduce another colour either orange and/or brown. Some pillow ideas:
T-3575 18" Decorative Pillow in Brown (Set of 2)
Megastar Collection Decorative Throw Pillow l Chloe and Olive
Vita 18" Pillow with Feather-Down Insert
Liora Manne Orange Windsor Square Throw Pillow
0 Likes   Thanked by azanhem    August 22, 2013 at 10:34PM
chemayne
Would you consider these other suggestions?
Move your mirror art to flank the tv (one on either side after the tv is mounted in the ikea unit.)
A piece of art like this on the wall in between the 2 windows.

1 Like   Thanked by azanhem    August 22, 2013 at 10:47PM
Where do i go from here? Needs a pop of colour but what colour?
I also need advice re: Curtains: What colour curtains...
nimis
Where do we go from here?
We began remodeling our kitchen 9 weeks ago. They finally...
Laura-Joseph Belzowski
Help! I'm so confused where to go from here!
This basement living room has always been an issue...
sbsweeden
help, bought mid mod couch and now I don't know where to go from here!
brand new (to me!) house. Ignore current furniture...
halifaxmama
kadamo
Room style
Need help styling my room please
iza4539
Thoughts for bathroom
Hi all, We are currently building a minimalist house....
teddo
Paint Ideas for Kitchen
I'm on a tight budget, and I despise the wall color...
Tabor Jorns
Oddly shaped enclosed front porch
We've got this weird, sort of L shaped front porch...
lorikjones
Polished porcelain tile VS unpolished porcelain tile for bathroom floo
Remodeling 3 bathrooms in our house and bought polished...
jen_morgan17