Art help!
steph0552
I just painted my living/dining room a soft gray. I have already ordered a black and ivory chevron rug for my dining table.

Now..... what to do with the wall... what artwork would you choose? I was thinking something with dark blue in it and am attaching the two I like, but I am open to any and all suggestions!

Oh..I found these two pieces of art on art.com, does anyone else have some suggestions where to look?

Thanks for looking!
steph0552
this is the rug that I purchased for under the dining table :)
August 22, 2013 at 1:26pm   
steph0552
any ideas?
August 22, 2013 at 2:25pm   
Kelly Ferm Inc.
Maria at The Plexi Gallery. She has wonderful art pieces! http://www.theplexigallery.com/
August 22, 2013 at 2:28pm      Thanked by steph0552
gacarnegie
I'm a big etsy fan for artwork. I scrimp on other things just to be able to get an original piece.

Love the rug, love the wall color. I would install a new light fixture over the table. A modern balck lantern would be good because both the color and the graphic shape will talk to the rug.

Don't forget to update your drapes too once you make your selections.
August 22, 2013 at 2:56pm      Thanked by steph0552
steph0552
thanks for the suggestions!

gacarnegie- great idea of getting a modern black lantern, i was looking through lighting options and pretty lost. thanks for idea!
August 22, 2013 at 3:08pm   
indianpatti
Gacarnegie, I'm a huge fan of Etsy too! Much nicer to have an original piece of art.

Steph: is your furniture a light yellow? Hard to tell in pic.

I found this on Etsy .. http://www.etsy.com/listing/153914917/art-large-gray-yellow-black-white?ref=shop_home_active .. I think it would look nice.
August 22, 2013 at 3:16pm        Thanked by steph0552
August 22, 2013 at 3:19pm        Thanked by steph0552
A Crew of Two
I love the cream tones win the art suggested by indianpatti...it will look great with your dining set if you are keeping that in the room.
August 22, 2013 at 3:36pm      Thanked by steph0552
gacarnegie
I'm not sure about the proportions around the rest of the room so I was thinking of something more open
steph0552
indianpatti- thanks for suggestions, yes the painted portion of the table is light yellow, blonde wood on top (which I am planning on staining darker). A painting with yellow in it is a good idea for sure because my kitchen walls are yellow so that will tie those rooms together well. Thanks!
August 22, 2013 at 3:37pm   
the essentials inside
Hi steph0552! Love the rug choice and your art ideas! It looks like you lean more toward the contemporary side of things but your dining table is not. Is replacing the table an option for you right now?

Is the whole room gray or do you still have the yellow wall? Could you upload a picture of the other side of the dining room?

Lyvonne
August 22, 2013 at 4:53pm      Thanked by steph0552
steph0552
Lyvonne- my style is definitely eclectic, so yes contemporary is definitely up my alley :) Replacing the table.... I possibly could depending on price, but I need so many other things that it would probably be on the back burner for a while. I am trying to find a way to refinish the table to match better...maybe sand the top and stain dark brown and start collecting cool chairs to replace the ones I have? Im just not sure yet. Any ideas?

The majority of the room is gray and yes the yellow is still there in the kitchen. I am uploading more photos for you.

Thanks so much for your help!
August 22, 2013 at 7:01pm   
gacarnegie
just ran across this black pendant. Great shape, good price and it has a gold interior http://www.worldmarket.com/product/black-iron-bell-pendant-lamp.do?&from=fn
August 23, 2013 at 1:36pm     
the essentials inside
steph0552 - did the rug arrive yet?

~Lyvonne
August 30, 2013 at 6:03pm   
Gina Perillo
If you are considering going with an original painting I have sever pieces available and I offer custom orders. Cheers !
https://www.etsy.com/shop/gperillo
August 31, 2013 at 9:02am   
Chantal Barlow
Hi! It looks like you have a great opportunity for a beautiful conversation piece. There are a lot of places you can look for art, but what I would particularly suggest is saatchionline.com (they have a ton of work to choose from) and getartup.com (you can lease paintings and exchange them for others until you find the one you like). I also do abstract paintings on wood. I'm available for commissioned work. You can look at my profile to see how my paintings look in residential spaces, but I've also attached some examples.
September 13, 2013 at 10:53am   
September 13, 2013 at 1:26pm   
Alex Hinst Designs
Not sure what your interests are in art, but here are some ideas that might help: http://www.home-decorating-and-staging.com/art-for-staging-a-home.html
October 13, 2013 at 12:32pm   
Suzette Sherman Design
It's so neutral any art will work. It's about the size not feeling like a postage stamp on the wall. Here's a great website that has big pieces for a great price. Art is what you like. http://www.md-canvas.com/
October 13, 2013 at 12:38pm   
Wall art help? Mirror, photo, art?
Need some help with this somewhat narrow and awkward...
Help me choose wall art! Photoshopped Art into dining room!
I've photoshopped a few art pieces into my dining room...
I need a help deciding on arts pleaseeee help I need your help
Which arts you think will fit my place the best in...
Need help to blend this canvas art in this place pls help
Plsss help me to fit or blend this art in this place...
Finishing Touches on Dining Room
I have my table and buffet for dining room. I am looking...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Drape dilemma... Too short!
So I didn't do my research on what the appropriate...
Window trim
I'm wanting to add more character around my door and...
Please help me pick a BM red!?
I've decided to keep our front door red but it needs...