Need for window new look
softyjain
This is a window in my terrace....it is also a part of a living room from inside it....I want to give it a new look so that living room nice....
softyjain
From inside it look like this
August 25, 2013 at 8:03AM   
softyjain
Help me out....don't know wht to do
August 26, 2013 at 6:32AM   
First, is there anything outside you want to look at?
August 26, 2013 at 6:36AM   
Dar Eckert
Looks like the front of the building needs power washing. New paint will surely brighten the building. Maybe a light blue. Painting the trim around the windows charcoal color would freshen them up. How about lots of flowers in pots and tubs? Any other exterior photos we can see?
August 26, 2013 at 6:53AM     
softyjain
No there is nothing to look out....this window r too high about 12feet from the floor...
August 26, 2013 at 8:55AM   
softyjain
I want to change the look of window from inside that is living room.....colour and all I will change that's not an issue...
August 26, 2013 at 8:57AM   
Dar Eckert
The windows and color of the wall look nice from the inside especially with the grills on them. Consider painting the concrete ceiling maybe pale blue. Maybe you know an artist who would paint clouds there.
August 26, 2013 at 9:11AM     
bschr
Love those windows! I agree with Dar, they would look fabulous painted in charcoal grey or nearly black.
August 26, 2013 at 10:02AM   
chrisinky
I have questions & comments. The window on the outside-is that street level with the living room being underground or is that a raised deck? How hard is it to get to them or open them. Can or do you want to paint the outside walls? The walls do need cleaned & maybe the surrounding concrete as well. I would like a crisp white on the windows, but do they get dirty easily? If so then the charcoal may be the way to go. When you paint them, make sure you do your prep work with scraping & sanding away any loose paint first.

As for what to do there, we need to know what you want to use it for. Is it an area that has restricted access just for you? A bench or maybe a bistro table & chairs would be nice there. Lots of potted plants! You could stick with terra cotta pots for a uniform color, or pick several bright colors for variation. You need plants of different heights & colors.

Inside, the ceiling needs paint. I'm sure that will be difficult because of the height so you may want to pay someone to do it if you can afford it. If you like the idea of a blue ceiling to look like the sky, go for it. If you like it simpler, go with white. Whatever you choose needs to be a bright color that will reflect light down into your room. Think of hanging something up there. A couple of ideas are large model planes or brightly colored kites. You need something to draw the eye upwards & make it look interesting from outside the windows. I'm sure someone else will have more ideas, but that's all I can come up with for now.
August 26, 2013 at 10:57AM     
softyjain
As u can see I have the same window on four side....from the living room we can't open the window as it is 12feet high....I thinking of covering two sides with glasses and remove those window...can I do so?
August 26, 2013 at 10:57PM   
softyjain
I really like your idea chrisinky....it ll be very helpful if u give me some pic related with the idea....
August 26, 2013 at 11:00PM   
Don't remove the windows, they act as a clerestory / skylight and make the space below terrific - paint the window frame and white grilles black or dark bronze - http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/nighthorizon with a skinny brush and use a straight edge to clean it back off the glass.

Paint the tower inside a gorgeous white (bm decorator white) and try a pale blue-blue-green on the ceiling like sky. http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/clearskies
August 26, 2013 at 11:49PM     
softyjain
Ok....ll not remove the window...I really like the kites idea for decorating ....it will be very helpful if u send me a pic ....
August 27, 2013 at 5:58AM     
You might hang a kite using fishing line from the ceiling, or you might buy a beautiful art mobile to hang from above. You can buy them online at http://www.konrads.com/category/shop_by_size.large__more_than_4_feet_/
August 27, 2013 at 12:38PM     
chrisinky
I'm thinking 3-5 kites depending on size & price. It looks like you live in a city so check if there's any kite stores there. You might find something in China Town. A kite store could probably give you tips on hanging them.
August 27, 2013 at 4:10PM     
chrisinky
I've tried attaching some pics from my phone but its not working. I'll try with computer tomorrow. Another idea I had. If you can't clean up stain on terrace wall, hide it with long plant boxes or metalwork or strips of wood. You may also be able to use a concrete stain on the terrace floor after you clean it up.
August 27, 2013 at 4:46PM     
chrisinky
Google image searched "kites hanging from ceiling." Yours could look better than these!
August 27, 2013 at 5:37PM   
anne dee
May I ask what part of the world are you living in?
August 27, 2013 at 5:41PM   
chrisinky
Okay, I've got a lot of pictures for you for your terrace. These are all just ideas. A lot will depend on what you will use it for, how much space you have, how much you are allowed to do depending on if you own or rent & zoning restrictions, and how much you want to do & have money for. Hopefully something will help you.....
First group is plants & planters.
August 28, 2013 at 9:13AM     
chrisinky
Next group, plants & pots.
August 28, 2013 at 9:14AM     
anne dee
@ Chrisinky very nice ideas and beautiful also. i like container planting and find it simplifies my brown thumb !
August 28, 2013 at 9:19AM     
chrisinky
On the previous group, I like the vine going up the trellis on the wall. This group is seating.
August 28, 2013 at 10:05AM   
chrisinky
You could try putting pieces of metal fencing or wood strips in front of the black on the wall if you don't put plants in front of it.
August 28, 2013 at 10:07AM   
chrisinky
Some table options
August 28, 2013 at 10:08AM   
chrisinky
Some overall looks.
August 28, 2013 at 10:16AM   
chrisinky
One more group of overall looks. A couple show the building wall painted to give you an idea of that. One just shows the lower part painted if you didn't want to do too much. Of course you probably wouldn't use pink.
August 28, 2013 at 10:18AM   
anne dee
Man you have so many ideas. they just keep on coming and coming........
Very nice!
August 28, 2013 at 10:23AM     
chrisinky
I love this site, it's like an addiction. I like giving my ideas & seeing what other people come up with too. I'm waiting on a closing date for a house we are buying. As it gets closer, I'm getting a little more obsessed with decorating & this gives me an outlet until I can get to my own. Thanks for letting me share!
August 28, 2013 at 10:28AM     
anne dee
Chrisinky
keep on giving........
Good luck re the house and ya gotta let us know when ya close!!
August 28, 2013 at 10:49AM   
FRED HOFFMAN ARCHITECTURE
A nice set of casement windows with an upper transom would allow lots of light and still give you the spacious feel.
August 28, 2013 at 11:05AM   
chrisinky
Thanks Anne. I just posted a discussion "I need help for primer & paint....." don't remember the rest. The house has a lot of dark colors & I'll be painting a lot! I will be glad when I get to the decorating part!
August 28, 2013 at 11:38AM   
Progressive Solutions / Renaissance Bronze Windows
softyjain,
If the windows need to be replaced I recommend looking at fixed steel to maintain the narrow profile of the windows and small window lites. Using fixed instead of operating will be a cost savings if you don't need to open them. Another option for hanging from the ceiling is a decorative light or chandelier. That way you still have light into your ceiling at night.
We offer Renaissance solid bronze windows that don't require any finish or finish maintenance. Architects designers love the rose bronze color, which closely matches copper gutters.
Project: Renaissance Solid Bronze Windows & Doors www.solidbronzewindows.com
You may also be interested in this ideabook-
Ideabook: Black, Bronze, & Steel Window Design Ideas www.solidbronzewindows.com
October 21, 2013 at 2:23PM   
Family Room Clean Slate
I am working with a clean slate in this family room....
Need help with this master bedroom redecorating
We are so excited to get to redecorate. Does the picture...
I need help with a fireplace.
Can I please get some ideas to "update" this tired...
help with pickled pink cabinets...
what paint colors can I use to tone down pink cabinets...
Accent wall and decorations
Hi everyone. .I already painted and bought furniture...