how to interior design the living room ?
Noor ilyas
August 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need help!! we are shifting to this new apartment. Below you have the floorplan and a picture of the kitchen. As you can see on the floor plan, we have a combinded kitchen/living and dining room.
How should we interiour the living and dining? im thinking a moderen style.. maybe navyblue/grey/white colours?
where should i place the dining area? and where would be the best to place sofas and TV?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
Dining table ideally would be placed closer to the entry with the living room seating arrangement by the window.
1 Like   August 25, 2013 at 1:48PM
Noor ilyas
^ i agree but if we place the living room seating close to window area we dont have a wall/ space for the TV
0 Likes   August 25, 2013 at 1:53PM
PRO
Matilda Bos Design Studio
Hi....I would suggest a French farm table in front of the galley kitchen, it would be used for dining and food prep,
very functional. The side of the table next to the galley would have a long bench that would slide in out of the way, the chairs on the ends could be tall backed and slip-covered, and the rest possibly Bertoia chairs. Since
I can't figure out the exact width from the counter to the wall, my best suggestion would be a large sectional
against the long wall with coffee table, accent chairs and a few ottoman for extra seating, The Artemide Tolomeo floor lamp for lighting.
0 Likes   August 26, 2013 at 4:59PM
PRO
purehome
It looks like a gorgeous place! Congratulations. We have some awesome household items to check out on our site at Purehome.com. We have about everything! Good luck !
0 Likes   August 26, 2013 at 5:14PM
calidesign
I would float the sofa in the room, with the back to the kitchen and facing the long wall, where you could mount the TV. Depending on room, you could place a tall table behind the sofa with bar stools, or use the space closest to entry hall for a table. Use arm chairs with an end table between, in front of the two windows, to complete the seating near the sofa. Beautiful light space!
0 Likes   August 26, 2013 at 5:31PM