What is the best Sherwin Williams interior paint?
leeweber
August 26, 2013 in Other
I need to paint a new construction house and need some washability contractor only uses SW.
Usually with any paint the higher the gloss the better the washability. So a high gloss will be more washable than a flat. The flip side is the higher the gloss the more the suface's blemishes can show.
August 26, 2013 at 4:48AM   
handymam
Hey bobbi, I miss seeing you around! No one to offer to go to people's homes and fix things for them with! :)
August 26, 2013 at 5:39AM     
mefor
Aura is supposed to be their best, but you don't have to go with the top of the line price, the other lines are quite good. If you don't want the sheen of any of the gloss finishes, at least go with an eggshell finish instead of flat. :)
August 26, 2013 at 5:56AM   
Rockin' Fine Finish
For Sherwin Williams super paint satin is great for wash ability
August 26, 2013 at 10:15PM     
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
The best paint depends upon the application. There is no one paint within the line that 'does it all'. Unless you have an unusually great drywall job on your home, then paints with a sheen or gloss will show the blemishs and tape joints in your drywall. Flat paints don't scrub/wash well, but if you have no children or large pets in the home banging around on the walls that shouldn't be an issue. For ceiling paint, stay with a flat in one of the more modestly priced paints in their line. For those that are very sensitive to the smells and fumes from paint, they have the no or low VOC paints - the only issue with those is that they dry quickly so they have a tendency to hat band where you cut in at ceiling prior to painting the walls.
August 28, 2013 at 10:27AM     
Paint first or decorate first?
My dilemma is, do I paint now when my painter can fit...
Hallway
I have a tiny hall from which the stairs run up from....
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Backsplash Help! 1916 Craftsman/Praire style home.
What style backsplash can you envision for my kitchen?...
Do these pendants go with this chandelier?
Finally placed the order for my kitchen lighting (we...