OLLD 8/26
mefor
August 26, 2013 in Other
Monday, Monday. Morning everyone!! This is for you kimdee, don't know what flavor it is, lets pretend it's whatever you want it to be :)
Jayme H.
Anyone else see the spastic, writhing, gyrating centaur on t.v. (Oh wait, that was Miley Cyrus).
OMgoodness
Gdmorning Mforr....we r awaiting the arrival of our new granddaughter this morning & will soon be heading to the hospital to meet her.
August 26, 2013 at 6:47AM     
mefor
Oh jayme, that's wonderful news!!! Well wishes for everyone involved, especially momma, baby and you :)
Hooray!!!!!!!
August 26, 2013 at 6:50AM     
armygirl1987
That should bring much joy Jayme. Stay bless. Love from FL coming at you.
August 26, 2013 at 6:59AM     
armygirl1987
Morning my Michele. Love from FL to you too.
August 26, 2013 at 7:00AM     
kimdee24
Thanks Michele, looks like raspberry... my fav! Good morning ladies! Congrats Jayme on your new family member.
August 26, 2013 at 7:01AM     
armygirl1987
Morning Kimdee, hope you slept well.
August 26, 2013 at 7:06AM     
Jayme H.
Thanks Ladies! We can't wait to meet her and see her.
August 26, 2013 at 7:10AM     
mefor
Morning gals, thanks Angela, I feel the love :)
Of course it's raspberry kimdee, it can only be your favorite, house rules :)
August 26, 2013 at 7:10AM     
mousemaker
so kimdee...I forgot to mention the apples :) I have buckets of them to use for the chutney. I don't know it must hve been the heat lol...and horse flies! yes indeed. and deer flies!! they DO take chunks with them!! I have experience with that. it's awful!!!
so exciting Jayme!!!!! how wonderful for you..congrats!!!
August 26, 2013 at 8:05AM     
kimdee24
My mom has an apple tree... so many apples she can't use them all. Yeah... deer/horse flies... jerks!
August 26, 2013 at 8:19AM     
mousemaker
do you want my recipe? :) I should be doing this NOW :)
August 26, 2013 at 8:29AM     
kimdee24
Sure, post it! I'll give it to my mom. I STILL have an apple pie in my freezer she made last summer.
August 26, 2013 at 8:39AM     
Linda
We have an apple tree at one property but I didn't realize it was an apple tree until recently. I thought when it bloomed that it was just a crab apple tree but now we've got tons of little bitty apples. They would probably make good apple sauce, but I'm not sure I'm that ambitious. When I was a teenager, my family had a granny smith apple tree and my mom would do applesauce and apple pie filling. She would peel the apples, layer them with sugar and cinnamon in a gallon milk carton. Then when she wanted apples over the winter, she would cut a slice off the carton, remove the paper and thaw the apples.

Of course, at that time, I didn't appreciate all her hard work but now I would love to have some of mom's homemade apple spice cake. Yum!
August 26, 2013 at 9:35AM     
mefor
What a great idea and a wonderful memory, Linda. Love things like that, clever lady :)
August 26, 2013 at 9:40AM     
mousemaker
here you go Kimdee24 :) this is from the Ball Blue Book.
Apple Chutney
2 quarts chopped, cored, pared, tart apples (about 16 medium)
2 pounds raisins
1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
1 cup chopped sweet red peppers (about 2 medium)
4 cups brown sugar
3 tablespoons mustard seed
2 tablespoons ginger
2 teaspoons allspice
2 teaspoons salt
2 hot red peppers
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 quart vinegar

Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pot. Simmer until thick, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking. Pour into hot jars. leaving 1/4 inch head space. Adjust caps. Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath. Yield: about 10 pints.
Note: for a milder chutney, another quart of chopped apples may be used.
August 26, 2013 at 10:14AM        Thanked by mefor
kimdee24
Cool, thanks! I will pass this to my mother. It will give her something to do.
August 26, 2013 at 10:54AM     
mefor
Angela, left you a couple of presents :)
August 26, 2013 at 12:31PM     
Jayme H.
Went to see our new Granddaughter...she is lovely. Kamber Amalia. We bid 1500-1750 on box depending on finishing work needed, got asked to quote a new kitchen install & crown moulding job too. A good day thus far! How is everyone doing today?
August 26, 2013 at 12:56PM     
mefor
Congratulations Grandma!!!! What a cool name. Hope everyone is healthy and happy :)
Glad you upped it a bit on the DJ booth build, it's a much more involving project and I wouldn't want to see you guys cheated. Even if you're the guys setting price and cheating yourselves, lol. Good luck getting the other job too. :)
Glad you sound like you're in a better place today. :)
August 26, 2013 at 1:27PM     
mefor
Robin, how's the sting today?
August 26, 2013 at 1:28PM   
Robin W
Good afternoon all. Trying to find my get up and go to make some cupcakes and a few other goodies for work tonight. Tomorrow is the service for my coworker and the mood around work has been very down all week. Going to try to bring a bit of sunshine to our last night shift.

Congrats Grandma Jayme! So exciting!!!
August 26, 2013 at 1:31PM     
mefor
:)
August 26, 2013 at 2:51PM     
armygirl1987
Congrats Jayme
August 26, 2013 at 3:08PM     
Jayme H.
Thanks for the congrats everyone! I misspelled her middle name, it's "Amalia" vs. "Arailia". IDK I may light Aralia better..lol
My daughter & baby are doing well.
-Mforr...we left a little wiggle room since there was not complete info to bid with.
Have not heard back yet, maybe we won't. But IDK who else would mess with it for under 1500. Lots of cutting and trimming to do, plus to install countertops, etc.
The cost is less than the average to build a deck & there is a lot more to do.
August 26, 2013 at 3:36PM     
armygirl1987
Stay positive Jayme.
August 26, 2013 at 3:52PM     
olldcan
CONGRATS GRADMA :) Love the name Kamber. Gee Jayme, I didn't know you were expecting a Grandbabie, is this your first one?

Hope all goes well for you tonight Robin. Maybe the nonsense between co-wokers will stop, now that everyone should have given there head a shake. Life's to short to be treating people badly. I'll be thinking of you, stay strong, like you are. xoxoxox

Poowee to raspberry, I see tequila or vodka. Juice is for kids hahahaha My oh my, I could use that right now!!!!

Michele, check if you can see that idea book now, I changed some settings.
August 26, 2013 at 4:37PM     
mefor
Yo candace, I checked it, just my own post to you. But the others finally appeared 23 hours later. Left you a few, guess we'll have to stick to original ideabooks. Maybe it was just a glitch. Try another in a little while. :)
August 26, 2013 at 5:06PM     
Robin W
Oops. Found out my cake mix was expired, so landed up making cupcakes from scratch. Turned out ok I think... also made chocolate chip squares which so far have been a hit (as per usual).
August 26, 2013 at 5:20PM     
Jayme H.
Here she is.
Candace, this is my second granddaughter, thanks :)
August 26, 2013 at 5:20PM        Thanked by mefor
mefor
Oh, look at that precious little sweetie, bless her tiny toes the bow is bigger than she is. :D
What a beautiful baby, Jayme :)
August 26, 2013 at 5:29PM     
mefor
Thanks for sharing robin, now can you send one here so I can really share? Yummmmmmm...
August 26, 2013 at 5:30PM   
Ironwood Builders
Jayme...I so get it about Fred.
August 26, 2013 at 5:38PM     
olldcan
Jayme, she's beautiful!!!!!! I just love the way new babies look and the softness of there skin, the new baby smell....well the good new baby smell :) Oh i could just snuggle her up. Everybody Shush, Kamber is sleeping!!!!!
August 26, 2013 at 5:47PM     
kimdee24
Congrats, Jayme! She is beautiful!
Robin -- the goodies look yummy, I hope you have a good shift tonight.
Mr Ironwood -- I avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Some people just have to be "right."
August 26, 2013 at 6:03PM     
Linda
Jayme - Kamber is a neat name...my kids have unusual names too. My daughter's middle name is "Alene" which is almost a namesake to my father "Arlan" and his first cousin "Arlene" One time when she was around 6 or 7, she did some project and wrote her full name on a paper. Unfortunately, she didn't know how to spell her middle name - so she wrote it as "ALIEN" We all got a laugh out of that, but we don't tell that story much because she doesn't see the humor in it (yet). My mom's middle name is "Amelia" which was a name from a couple generations back in her family, but I think it was actually from Amelia Earheart (Kansas girl!)

Little babies are so tiny and precious - it is almost impossible to remember how tiny they are and how fast they change. Perhaps that has something to do with the sleep deprivation
August 26, 2013 at 6:21PM        Thanked by mefor
kimdee24
Jayme, is it Kaym-ber, or Kam-ber (rhymes with Amber?)
August 26, 2013 at 6:24PM     
olldcan
Yo Michele, hahaha I cant even type that with a straight face. Can you see that idea book now. I changed settings so it should be fine and if it's not, I give up!!
August 26, 2013 at 6:28PM     
Ironwood Builders
Actually..sort of can't avoid....no pro, no go on spouting code. Calling the police.
August 26, 2013 at 6:29PM     
Ironwood Builders
BTW, Jayme...you don't look old enough to be a Mom, let alone a Grandma! Congratulations on a beautiful baby girl!
August 26, 2013 at 6:31PM     
mefor
Hahaha, what's he done now, that man sure does love code.
August 26, 2013 at 6:33PM     
kimdee24
LOL! I don't blame you. We had a little fight a while back about something my builder told me, so he's an Alberta expert also. Go figure.
August 26, 2013 at 6:34PM     
mefor
Candace, better give up. All I see is my post. Can you see my post on there? Anyway, if you typed anything just copy and paste to the original one we've been using. Maybe there won't be a delay this time. I'm still waiting on news on fireplace and tile. C'mon girl. I'm only joking, don't get stressed. You can do it tomorrow if you don't have time tonight. :)
August 26, 2013 at 6:36PM   
kimdee24
Random comment: My knees hurt. That is all.
August 26, 2013 at 6:39PM     
mefor
Kimdee, WD40. Just a little drop behind each knee. Remember the tin man. :(
August 26, 2013 at 6:53PM     
olldcan
kimdee it has to be our weather, today is much cooler. Do you have a hot water bottle to get some relief. I use that in the winter or a heating pad, it helps somewhat.
August 26, 2013 at 7:14PM     
olldcan
Oh, my sister started taking some kind of joint supplement with shark cartilage. She said it took about 6 weeks before she noticed the difference but what a difference it made. Might want to try something like that if it keeps up.
August 26, 2013 at 7:16PM     
Jayme H.
Thanks everyone...we love her...It's Kamber, as in amber sounding. Middle name is the father's Grandma's name.
@Ironwood...Thank you, what a nice compliment, espec. since I am a crab ass today...makes my day! I almost rang your bell in re: bidding on that wretched Disc Jockey box/platform thing. It is such a weird piece to bid. Also I felt we were lacking information such as exact size, placement & what the aspects of the finishing were to be...did try to get more info out of them, and they r sorta not sure I don't think.
-So you found out about that certain someone....who I shall not name...I avoid all threads when I see he's there!!
August 26, 2013 at 7:37PM     
Robin W
Phew. Almost had to deliver a baby tonight. Almost.

I definitely deserved a large cupcake after that call...
August 26, 2013 at 8:16PM     
olldcan
Good night everyone, enjoy the rest of your evening.
August 26, 2013 at 8:38PM     
kimdee24
Omg, Robin! Arrived at the hospital just in time? Have you ever delivered a baby? You do deserve a cupcake!

Michele & Candace -- Sometimes I wish I had a WD40 port... heat makes it worse actually, what I need to do is make an ice pack. It's probably partly the rain but also because I've been sitting at my desk working all day long, and I probably shouldn't sit cross legged, either.

I'm beat... been a long day. 6.5 full billable hours (which might not sound a like a lot but it is) today.
August 26, 2013 at 9:28PM     
mousemaker
oh Jayme!! how wonderful!! she's beautiful..
August 27, 2013 at 8:33AM     
mousemaker
and if you had trouble with a certain someone on here? maybe it's the same someone I had trouble with? I would avoid them like the plague :)
August 27, 2013 at 8:34AM     
mefor
Hi mousemaker, there's an 8/27 started :) see you there
August 27, 2013 at 8:39AM   
OLLD 5/26
Where is everybody? It's already almost 4 AM here!...
OLLD 4/26
Morning! Can you believe April is almost over??? ...
OLLD 2/26
Morning everyone! eztia, here's a dilemma with your...
OLLD 6/26
Morning all! I have a question for you, kittypa! ...
OLLD 10/26
Old Ladies Love Design! Good Morning All!
Driving me crazy deciding on a countertop. Help me, please!
We can't decide on which color granite to put in our...
need help to correct this mistakes , what will be the best way !
There is a mistake in making this , the top Box should...
I need help selecting yellow paint color for dining and kitchen
I have lots of windows for this area, which is currently...
Need help for home exterior...please!
My husband and I have bought a fixer up. We love the...
Nook help needed!!!!
I had originally thought of doing one big window box...