Need suggestions on additional seating
bond3006
August 26, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I love my modern white leather sofa but am in need of more seating. I loath the thought of a matching love seat tho. Also in the room but not shown are 2 Zebra stripped slipper chairs with an Asian inspired chess table/end table and a orange 60's style upholstered chair & ottoman....any if which could be moved to another room. I'm simply out if ideas on what could work in the space to provide more seating.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cynthia Celenza
Is it possible to get a sectional? Sofas only seat two people comfortably. It seams like the only time you see three people on a sofa someone is reading a will.
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 6:05AM
bond3006
I agree, however I just don't have the length on any wall for a sectional & entertainment unit....here is a pic of the entire room
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 8:29AM
2taniya
Move the big cabinet to the wall where the picture and clock are which would allow you to move the zebra chairs opposite the sofa, though one of those chairs may have to be angled in instead of flat against the wall. This gives you a conversational area. The red chair can move to the right side of the window next to the chess set.

Oh an entertainment unit - oh - well still, put it against the wall to it's right and float the sofa across from it with the zebra chairs on either side of the unit. The space looks too small and the furniture too big to have more than the sofa directly facing the TV.
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 8:59AM
decoenthusiaste
I can't really see your entertainment center, but if there is a newer TV in it I'd ditch the monster cabinet for a credenza to set the TV on and put it on the wall where you have the clock and picture. This will open up the room for more possiblities and additional seating.
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 9:57AM