New master bedroom
lccoomes
I've painted added new curtains and bedding. I need some help with finishing touches please!
So far so good. Just needs some art work on the walls.
1 Like   August 27, 2013 at 10:56AM
lccoomes
The color on the walls look almost neon in this pic, I must say the color looks much better in person. My iPad pics are poor quality:/
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 10:59AM
abbyjean
Any way you would want to switch the dresser and the chest? It looks like some blank wall space by the chair that the dresser could fill in. Is the chest too tall for the tv? If the tv stays on the dresser, I might consider taking the mirror off since things are in front if it anyway....sometimes that totally changes the look in the room, too. Pull the chair a bit away from the wall more and maybe add a fun colored pillow to it, too.....love those on the bed!!! Very nice retreat in your home! Enjoy!
2 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 11:26AM
Fold comforter 1/3 of the way down. Add a twin size comforter on foot in dark brown , is that one of yr colors in bedding? Computer does not show true colors. Add two more big pillows in solid color from bedding. I would add a dark brown bamboo shade to winDow for texture. Home Depot carries. A gold tone 24-30" sunburst mirror on wall next to window hang low and centered. A 24 x36 wide art picking up colors from walls etc. in a dark frame to match bed. Hang 5-6" above top of bed board. Some crystal pic frames on stands.
2 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 11:29AM
You could also add a tall 20" wide mirrors in dark frames behind each lamp. Make tall 3-4 ft. Would bring depth to room and light.
2 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 11:31AM
OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
Some wall decor would make a big change...maybe even the final change!
1 Like   August 27, 2013 at 11:44AM
lccoomes
Thanks Abby jean, just swapped them and I do like it better!
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 11:48AM
lccoomes
Loving all of these suggestions, can't wait to go shopping:)
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 11:50AM
abbyjean
IF you really felt like moving furniture....does the bed fit between the windows? And then the side tables each under a window? Not sure where the door to your room is????
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 11:53AM
lccoomes
The bed was actually in front of the window with the end tables but I like this placement better
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 12:07PM
abbyjean
I like it on that wall, too.......good use of that space! AND doesn't it feel like a new room when things get changed around this way??? I would almost bet that the room feels bigger now, too, doesn't it....without the bed coming straight down the room?
1 Like   August 27, 2013 at 12:11PM
One more swap if you will, put the tall chest between the windows with a piece of art above it, center the bed and side tables on their wall and put the dresser at the foot of the bed. I would normally suggest moving the bed on the wall opposite the entry door for more restful and secure sleep, but you said you like this better. The lamps are a bit on the skinny, feminine side for the dark, heavy bed, but you may find something better later on. Add some movement and a bit of pizazz with a patterned area rug pulled half way under the bed, since the carpet is so light!
Surya Zuna Rug (ZUN-1048)
Lake Residence
1 Like   August 27, 2013 at 12:25PM
lccoomes
The room does feel bigger with the bed this way! I tried the dresser in between the windows but it was too crowded. Liking it where it is now but I agree with your lamp suggestion, thanks:)
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 1:41PM
lccoomes
Do you like these lamps better?
3 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 1:47PM
Yes
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 1:50PM
abbyjean
Those lamps totally give presence to that area......and the shade is much more modern for your new room, too!! Way to go! I see you put the clock there, too. Perfect! Maybe a nice green plant on the other side to take advantage of that sunlight streaming in?
2 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 1:51PM
It's a Beautiful World!
Lovely room, I like the new lamps too, they are better proportioned for your space. If you need artwork, we have an ideabook with art in earth tones. And you can check out our page for more art ideas... Raisa http://ben-and-raisa-gertsberg.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html

0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 2:33PM
Ah, yes! That's it! Now the room can breathe! Glad you're happy with it so far, and hope we can help you tweak it on to completion.
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 3:53PM
lccoomes
Added some decor
0 Likes   September 1, 2013 at 6:42PM
abbyjean
Decor just gives it a whole new feel, doesn't it! Enjoy!!!
0 Likes   September 1, 2013 at 6:48PM
csevene
Room is really looking good ..

One thing tho, the pictures over the bed appear too small and too far apart ...
0 Likes   September 1, 2013 at 7:21PM
dcao
Agreed!! Just about to say picture over the beddead too far away ' I think 3 will looks better , add a photo frame on bedside table and or some flowers ,, add bed throw at the end of the bed will make the bed looks softer "
0 Likes   September 2, 2013 at 1:25AM
Help with New Master Bedroom/Master Bathroom
HI! I am very excited, I am finally to the point of...
Need help with planning new master bedroom suite layout
We are looking at remodelling our ridiculously huge...
New master bedroom
Where did you get the nightstand?
New master bedroom and bath
Ihave no details but I seem to be gravitating towards...
master rooom
i want to adjust bed room, bathroom, dressing rooom,...
Need advice for dining/living room area - L shaped.
Live in FL; color palette changed a couple yrs. ago...
Accent Chairs and Wall Decor
I just bought the accent chairs next to the fireplace,...
living room question
I really like the modern look and can't figure out...
How to light this dining room?
When I look on Houzz at Dining Room lighting, very...